PDA

View Full Version : Dan Henderson answers fan questions

MB667
14-09-2005, 10:11
Q. How do you feel about being called the “American Athleteâ€?? I am really looking forward to your performance in the Welterweight Division. Good luck! 【 Age 25 F 】

D.H.: I feel honored to be called "the American Athlete". It seems to be only my nickname in Japan.

Q. Hi I'm very excited about your entry in the Welterweight GP! I really liked your entrance song in the 1 st round of the MWGP. Can you tell me the artist and the name of the song? Good luck at GP! 【 age20 M 】

D.H.: That song was something that the Dreamstage staff picked out. I am not sure about the artist or the song name. You could contact Pride about it.

Q. You always wear a hat during your entrance to the fight. Is there any meaning to it? Go for the championship!! 【 age 22 M 】

D.H.: I like to wear a hat during my entrance to help keep the bright lights out of my eyes.

Q. What do you do when you are not practicing? 【 Age 19 M 】

D.H.: When I am not training I usually do some work around my house, go horseback riding, or go hunting.

Q. What do you think would be your profession if you didn't become a fighter? 【 age 29 M 】

D.H.: I would probably be coaching wrestling if I wasn't fighting.

Q. What did you like to do or play when you were a little kid? 【 age 14 M 】

D.H.: I grew up with horses and a swimming pool when I was a kid, so I played in the pool all the time and rode horses. I also enjoyed going to the beach.

Q. What does your teammate Randy Couture mean to you? Can you tell us any of Randy's weak point that only you would know? 【 age 25 M 】

D.H.: Randy and I have been training together for about 14 years. He is a good friend and a good fighter. I sure I know a few of Randy's weaknesses, but you would have to ask him what they are.

Q. I'm sure that you get sick and tired of training everyday. Is there anything that you do for a change to bring back you concentration and motivation when you don't feel like practicing? 【 age 30 M 】

D.H.: I try to do a lot of outdoor cross-training, like mountain biking, sprints and boxing drills. Training outside helps breakup the monotony of always training indoors.

Q. I'm over 30 and I started wrestling, but my cardio and muscles won't hold up. What kind of training should I do? 【 age 33 M 】

D.H.: You could try to do more drilling on techniques rather that hard wrestling. Just know that I have been wrestling since I was 5yrs old and my body has always had aches and pains, you just learn to live with them.

Q. I love your fighting style. What are some of the things you keep in mind before a fight? Please win the Bushido tournament! I will be cheering for you! 【 age 28 F 】

D.H.: Before a fight I try to stay focused on executing my game plan.

Q. I have been a big fan since I first saw you fight. I love how you are always aggressive, and your never give up attitude is very cool. I will always support you! (I was real shocked and sad to see you lose against Rogerio.) Anyways you seem like a strong spirited fighter in the ring but, a gentleman at the interviews. During your fights, do you get mad at your opponent? What are your feelings toward your opponents during the fights? 【 age 36 F 】

D.H.: Thank you for always supporting me! And I was very disappointed in myself when I lost to Rogerio. I never have been mad at an opponent before during or after a fight, it is a sport to me and I don't take things personal.

Q. Who is your biggest threat in the Bushido GP ?【 many fans 】

D.H.: Well my biggest threat is always the opponent across from me in the ring. Chonan is my first opponent and a tough fighter that I won't be taking lightly. After I get by him I will be focused on each of my opponents.