PDA

View Full Version : Interview Kaoklai kaennorsing

payap
27-09-2005, 00:08
bron : www.chokemuay.com

A day at Jocky Gym gave another opportunity to interview Kaoklai Keanorasing, days before his 22nd birthday, and weeks before his toughest K1 fight to date, Ray Sefo.

September.10.05
Jocky Gym Bangkok Thailand

http://www.chokemuay.com/images/09.19.05.kaoklai.int.01.JPG

Birthname: Athit Dahmkahm
Birthdate: September.13.1983 Kohn Kean, Thailand
Professional Muay Thai Record:
100+ fights / 90+ Wins / 10+ KOs
Representing: Keanorasing, Jocky Gym,

How much you weigh these days?
Kaoklai: Today about 77kgs.

How many Muay Thai fights have you had?
About 100+ and I've won about 90+

How many KO's?
Not that many. About 10.

Any draws?
I had one when I was a kid.

How many titles have you held?
I've held 2 Rajadamnern Stadium titles: 147lbs & 154lbs

How old were you when you started training?
8yrs old I started training, and I had my first fight at about 9yrs old.

How did you do in your first fight?
Hahaha, I lost it, points!

What are your goals?
I want to save a lot of money, and build a house for my family. ( He already has bought the land)

What were your goals when you were a young fighter growing up?
They were almost the same. When I was young, I wanted to be good fighter and have a big name in Muay Thai. But now, I still want to have a big name, but I'm very focused on saving money and building a house for my father and my mother.

When do you think you can accomplish your goals?
Well, just the same as you, I don't know… I'm really trying to save my money, a lot of money.

What rules do you like more to fight, K1 or Muay Thai?
I think K1 is better.

Do you like traveling to Japan?
Yes I do. Japan is a very beautiful country.

Do you ever miss Thailand?
I always miss Thailand when I'm away. Thailand is my home. I can go traveling for a bit, but it's better for me that I return home.

Home many people are in your family?
5 people, father, mother, older sister, and younger brother, and I. my younger brother is 18yrs old, and he's taller than me, but skinny. My sister has almost graduated from university.

Do you see your sister a lot?
Every once in a while, she doesn't live too far.

What do you like to do on your free time?
Well, if I have some extra cash and some extra time, I like to go shop around. If I see something I like, I buy it. If I have money to burn, I spend it. I enjoy shopping a lot, but if I don't have the extra cash or time, I just stay at the gym.

What do you do to relax yourself when you get stressed?
I never really get stressed out. I like to kick back and just listen to music. I have some English music, but I mostly listen to Thai rock.

What countries have you traveled?
Japan, New Zealand S. Korea.

Are the K1 fighters more dangerous than Muay Thai fighters?
It's not the same. If K1 uses knees and elbows, I'm not afraid to fight nakmuay K1.

Who is the most dangerous/difficult fighter in Muay Thai you have ever fought?
Noppadeat2 (Shin Noppadeat). He's older than me. We're friends. We fought one time, 140lbs Rajadamnern title fight, and I lost on points.

What do you think about Japanese fighters and Thai fighters, are they the same?
No, they're not the same. The Japanese have lowkicks and punches, but Thai fighters have body kick, elbows, punches, knees. Nakmuay Thais have more weapons.

Why did you want to get into boxing?
When I was a kid, I was picked on a lot. I was beaten up all the time, and cried everyday. Then my father wanted me to go to a gym and train. I was 8yrs old. When I came to Bangkok, I got bigger, because I drank milk everyday.

When do you think you are going to stop fighting?
I'm going to fight whenever I can. If my body can take it, then I will fight. I'm going to fight until my body says stop. I'm not sure.

What do you want to do when you retire?
I want to open a restaurant.

Can you cook?
No, I can't. But, I can hire a cook.

Like Somruk Kamsing's Korean BBQ?
No, not like his. I want to have everything on the menu.

How about K1 MAX 70kgs. Can you do it?
I don't want to cut the weight. It makes me too tired. I haven't cut weight in 3yrs, only eating. It makes me so tired. If I don't eat, I feel like I'm going to pass out. When I was fighting in Rajadamnern, I had to always cut weight, and I was always so tired to fight. I don't want to cut weight anymore.

If you wanted to make 70kgs, could you?
Maybe, but no way would I want to do it; fighting heavyweight is better.

How about Ray Sefo. A lot of people say Ray Sefo is the most difficult fighter you will face so far in K1. Your thoughts?
Ray Sefo is big, hard puncher. Win or lose, to me it's a game. I will try to fight my best. Win or lose, I have no problems, because it's sport. I don't think too much about it.

Can you beat him?
I will try the best I can.

Win points or KO?
If it's possible I want to knock him out, so I won't be too tired, haha! I'm a lot smaller, so it's harder for me to fight him, I have a disadvantage.

Ray Sefo taunts his opponents. It's a strategy of his. We've seen some of his fights already. Thoughts?
I'm very indifferent about his style. I don't really think about it. What ever he's going to do, let him do it. I don't care, I'm not concerned.

Thank you for your time Kaoklai, and good luck in your fight vs. Ray Sefo.

RED SCORPION
27-09-2005, 00:56
in zijn 77 kilo is er niemand die hem kan verslaan, ik denk dat hij bij zwaargewichten vecht alleen door het geld!

The Maniac
27-09-2005, 11:20
Hij heeft al van top 5 tot en met 79,5 kg klasse gewonnen gasten zoals en Fredric Rosenberg,Ozkan,Corbett(nr. 2 ranked in wpkl), Leonard,Mazumoto de laatste twee weliswaar wat lichter maar dit zijn toch grote namen. weliswaar geen nederlanders volgens mij zijn Mes Vielvoye en Shakuta de top 3 in de 76- kg en hj heeft nog nooit tegen hun 3 gestaan.

payap
27-09-2005, 12:48
Mes Vielvoye en Shakuta de top 3 in de 76- kg en hj heeft nog nooit tegen hun 3 gestaan.

Dat zouden mooie partijen zijn.

Pajonsuk met zijn +/- 70 kg heeft wel van hun alle drie gewonnen. En kaoklai schat ik persoonlijk hoger in.

Sjaak
27-09-2005, 13:02
Mes Vielvoye en Shakuta de top 3 in de 76- kg en hj heeft nog nooit tegen hun 3 gestaan.

Pajonsuk met zijn +/- 70 kg heeft wel van hun alle drie gewonnen. En kaoklai schat ik persoonlijk hoger in.

Een stuk hoger en ik denk ook dat hij veel te sterk en te goed is voor deze 3 Nederlandse toppers

Biiyen
27-09-2005, 13:05

Een stuk hoger en ik denk ook dat hij veel te sterk en te goed is voor deze 3 Nederlandse toppers

Kaoklai is een monster van 77 Kilo, al is Mes het beste wat Nederland heeft in die categorie... Tegen Kaoklai legt Mes het af, ik heb diep respect voor die kleine grote man.

MMArco
27-09-2005, 13:28
Zeker respect. Die knockout tegen Mighty Mo was echt geweldig :lol:

Sjaak
27-09-2005, 13:52

Kaoklai is een monster van 77 Kilo, al is Mes het beste wat Nederland heeft in die categorie... Tegen Kaoklai legt Mes het af, ik heb diep respect voor die kleine grote man.

Weinig aan toe te voegen

Osu Sjaak