PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to get a new belt in Brazil?

Felipe Costa
14-10-2005, 01:52
Do you want to get a new belt in Brazil?

Traditionally in Brazil when you change belt you need to go trough a hall like this in the video, you have to go and come back once for each color…

This video is of a BROWN belt, and we guarantee that this was not the worse... enjoy and feel comfortable to get your belt in Rio de Janeiro.

http://www.brazilianblackbelt.locaweb.com.br/site/videos.asp

MrSurf
14-10-2005, 02:24
Wtf, did you just recieve your belt and than you get beat up :?:
Mental Strength training or what

Ach ja zo heeft iedereen zijn eigen gebruiken. :D

Christophe
14-10-2005, 07:45
There has already been a discussion about this on Mixfight (I think it was when Cadu had a big promotion of a couple of students). The tradition doesn't disturb me personally, it's part of BJJ. But the Goffart Brothers don't like it that much, so I got through my blue belt promotion without beatings! :wink:

Deuce
14-10-2005, 09:59
Nice! I love to do this....

Iwan
14-10-2005, 10:14
Do you want to get a new belt in Brazil?

Traditionally in Brazil when you change belt you need to go trough a hall like this in the video, you have to go and come back once for each color…

This video is of a BROWN belt, and we guarantee that this was not the worse... enjoy and feel comfortable to get your belt in Rio de Janeiro.

http://www.brazilianblackbelt.locaweb.com.br/site/videos.asp

Well, obviously you were never a member of the Dutch Marine Core, when you turned 21 yrs!
I was, and it was a lot worse than this spanking hehehe!
I'm still sore and I'm 33 now!

Christophe
14-10-2005, 16:53
Filmpje?! :wink:

Paganstars
14-10-2005, 17:01
don't they have a similar thing in kyokushin??

Felipe Costa
14-10-2005, 17:17
There has already been a discussion about this on Mixfight (I think it was when Cadu had a big promotion of a couple of students). The tradition doesn't disturb me personally, it's part of BJJ. But the Goffart Brothers don't like it that much, so I got through my blue belt promotion without beatings! :wink:

Christophe, as soon as you come to Brazil I will prepare a special "hall" for you!!! HAHAHAHA

Amazing James
15-10-2005, 05:39

This use to be used at Remco's gym also or not Deuce?

Christophe
15-10-2005, 19:06

Christophe, as soon as you come to Brazil I will prepare a special "hall" for you!!! HAHAHAHA

:) Life is good when you have friends! :lol:

Thanks Felipe, if ever I can do anything for you ...! :wink:

p diddy
15-10-2005, 19:25
thx voor het filmpje

Deuce
15-10-2005, 20:27

This use to be used at Remco's gym also or not Deuce?

Ofcourse....sometime we just give people their white belt just to slap them... :lol:

No kidding...but indeed...when higher belts are given...happyslapping 8)