PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Taylor vs. Joval

Makijs
30-10-2005, 12:27
http://www.secondsout.com/World/news.cfm?ccs=225&cs=17766
By Paul Upham
Shannan "Blaster" Taylor will challenge IBO middleweight champion Raymond Joval on Sunday afternoon November 27 at the Vodafone Arena in Melbourne on a card promoted by Blaster Promotions and Blue Corner Promotions.
http://www.secondsout.com/AcuCustom/Sitename/Icon/Item/Taylor0808.jpg
It is the biggest fight of Taylor's career since he unsuccessfully challenged "Sugar" Shane Mosley for his WBC welterweight crown in Las Vegas in March 2001.

"Melbourne is the boxing capital of Australia and I was delighted with the reaction I received down there in February," Taylor 42-3-2 (28) said. "The fans know their sport, know their boxing and appreciate quality, and that's what I'm planning on giving them a quality, world-class performance."

Joval 34-4 (15) from the Netherlands and a two-time IBO middleweight champion, will be making the first defence of the belt he won in Belgium in June when outpointing Lansana Diallo. He says he enjoys fighting in new countries in different parts of the world.

"I believe a boxer proves his true worth when he comes to an opponent's homeland and defeats him in front of his own fans," he said. "That is what makes a real champion, and that's what I will deliver."

The card will be televised exclusively in Australia on Sky Channel from 1pm AEDT at participating pubs and clubs. Tickets are available from Ticketek on 132 849 or on-line at www.Ticketek.com.au .

Shannan Taylor (Australia) vs. Raymond Joval (Netherlands)
IBO middleweight title
12 x 3 minute Rounds

"Diamond" Dale Westerman (Melbourne) vs. Brett Culey (Sydney)
OPBF light heavyweight title
12 x 3 minute Rounds

Chad "Hollywood" Bennett (Newcastle) vs. Ariel Gerardo Aparicio (Argentina)
IBO Intercontinental welterweight title
12 x 3 minute Rounds

Tim Bell (Melbourne) vs. Steve Woods (New Zealand)
8 x 3 Minute Rounds
light heavyweight

Daniel Geale vs. Garry Comer
junior middleweight
10 x 3 minute Rounds

Eddie Delic (Melbourne) vs. Danny "Boy" Pierce (Newcastle)
junior middleweight
8 x 3 minute Rounds

Dean McGrath (Melbourne) vs. Peter Kazzi (Sydney)
middleweight
6 x 3 minute Rounds