PDA

View Full Version : K-1 Dynamite!! 12/31 - Royce vs. Akiyama!

Mickey
02-11-2005, 10:29
K-1 Dynamite!! 12/31 - Royce vs. Akiyama!
Submitted by: Yoshinori Ihara & Hideto Ida (www.boutreview.com)
Posted On 10/30/2005

FEG 'FIELDS K-1 PREMIUM 2005 Dynamite!!'
December 31st, 2005
At Osaka Dome, Osaka, Japan
Door Open: 14:00
Fights Start: 16:00

photo by Yoshinori Ihara // PIC: Akiyama posing for the media at the press conference.

Royce Gracie's opponent on New Year's Eve is going to be Yoshihiro Akiyama. This bout will be held under MMA rules but details are to be confirmed later.

Akiyama made his professional MMA debut on December 31st, 2004, and his MMA record is now 3-1 but all of his opponents were not exactly full-time MMA fighters so, for Akiyama, this is going to be the first true test as a professional MMA fighter.

On the 27th, Akiyama told the media at the press conference held in the prestigious The Imperial Hotel in Tokyo, 'I am honored to be able to fight a fighter I admire. I am going to train hard two full months for this.'

Akiyama has seen videos of Royce fighting Kazushi Sakuraba and Hidehiko Yoshida, 'I have to be very careful of his ground skill. I should utilize throws that don't exist in a Jiu-jitsu game.' However, Akiyama is not insisting on the concept of Judo vs. Jiu-jitsu, 'Just like when I fought a boxer (Francois Botha), I am not thinking about vs. Jiu-jitsu, as a fighter, I just don¹t want to lose.'

He is planning to wear a gi for this fight, and in terms of rules, he said that he has no specific request. When a reporter asked if Royce wanted 'unlimited rounds' rules, Akiyama replied, 'I am going to have to think of that possibility also.'

The only other confirmed card is the final of HEROS Middleweight Tournament between Genki Sudo and Norifumi KID Yamamoto.

Both of them met, again, back in October 26th, at the hotel in Osaka for the official signing.

After signing the contract Sudo explained his philosophy to the media, 'I think the battle has began already so today, I am not looking into his eyes.' Genki showed a glimpse of a shrewd tactician, as usual. On the other hand, KID Yamamoto immediately followed, I am conscious of him so 'I can't help it, but to keep looking at him.'

At the press conference, FEG President Sadaharu Tanikawa explained to the media, ³Five years ago, a lightweight bout would have never become the Main Event such a big show. Last year, Masato vs. KID scored the highest rating so this year, I am expecting similar numbers from these two. This is a historical fight and I am going to do the promotion suitable for it.

Confirmed Card (Subject To Change):

HERO'S Middleweight Tournament Final 5 min / 3R (10-point-must-system):
Genki Sudo (Japan / Beverly Hills Jiu-Jitsu Club) vs. Norifumi KID Yamamoto (Japan / KILLER BEE)

MMA Rules Bout:
Royce Gracie (Brazil / Team Royce Gracie Jiu-jitsu) vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (Japan / Freelance)

Niet slecht!
En ook een vette bout voor Genki! Altijd goed om hem te zien knokken!

Biiyen
02-11-2005, 10:45
Genki Vs Kid kijk ik echt naar uit!

Volgens Ernesto:

Ernesto Hoost Vs New K1 Champion 2005

Thomasmurda
02-11-2005, 11:41
Genki Vs Kid kijk ik echt naar uit!

Volgens Ernesto:

Ernesto Hoost Vs New K1 Champion 2005

Ik hoorde 't van 'm ja, dat gaat zeer zeker een heull interessante partij worden :P

Highline
02-11-2005, 12:00
hopelijk kan hoost idd tegen de nieuwe champ vechten

Dutch Dynamite
02-11-2005, 13:35
Ik zie Royce liever tegen een andere tegenstander van formaat; die vent kiest tegenwoordig zijn eigen tegenstanders wel uit, jammer maar misschien wel slim.

Ronald
02-11-2005, 19:22
Genki Sudo (Japan / Beverly Hills Jiu-Jitsu Club) vs. Norifumi KID Yamamoto (Japan / KILLER BEE)
Dit lijkt me zoooooo'n vette partij :D . Daar kijk ik echt naar uit.