PDA

View Full Version : Interview Joop Kasteel

Shytown
04-11-2005, 23:28
Interview Joop Kasteel
Written by José Stephen
Wednesday, 26 October 2005

Sunday december 11th a great figher will make his last walk to the ring; Joop Kasteel(The Netherlands) will face Dan “The Beast “ Severn for the Rings World Title original style.

Joop, December 11th you will step in to the ring for the last time, why did you decide to end you’re career?
I m ready for a new adventure, and also because I m getting tired of training at this level. Also the travelling every day for 12,5 years 1000 km a week.

How do you look back on you’re career?
It was all like a dream! It was like in a young boys dream. For a long time I couldn’t t believe this was happening to me! All the countries, athletes and nice people I met...GREAT...JUST GREAT

What tips can you give young fighters at the beginning stage of their career?
Train hard, believe in the dream, stay of drugs and respect your sensei!

What does it mean to you when people say: “Joop Kasteel is not a talented fighter but always show heart when he fights�?
It s true! I fight from the heart. Not for money. It s the greatest compliment people can give me.

Can you please name a fight that turned out to be you’re worst nightmare?
No fight was a nightmare. But if I have to name one: my fight against Paul Cahoon turned out pretty bad, but also had some good in it...people respected me more after the fight because I didn’t t quit after the first knock down.

Can you name a few things that have changed during the years of you’re career?
The small gloves! I had to learn how to box at 35..that s not an easy job. Another change I have noticed is that the sport is getting bigger and bigger and that’s great!

If I check my books it’s almost a year and a half that you have fought for the last time? What was the reason that you did not fight such a long time?
I was injured, my hand and my mind were broken, but those problems are over

You’re last fight will also be a world title fight isn’t it a big step after a long period of absence?
It s a big step but it s the only step I can make. The world champion belt is the only thing missing in my perfect life, and thanks to Alistair and Rings Holland there s one more chance...

Does this fight means do or die for you?
YES!!!!, This fight means do or die for me.

This fight will be on original Rings rules is this an advantage you?
I think it s an advantage, yes. It s my favourite style

You will fight against Dan �the Beast� Severn how do you look forward to this fight?
Like never before. My mind is filled with nothing else; when I think about the fight my body starts to burn.

Did you pick him as you’re opponent for you’re last fight?
No, Rings did!

Did you watch video’s of him to put a strategy together?
Yes I have watched some tapes; I saw his last 5 fights.

What kind of fight can we expect?
Spectacular! I hope Dan Severn doesn’t t read this cause I like to keep this fight standing up and I think Mr.Severn better watch my legs(and his..).

Can you name one thing in you’re career that you will never forget?
Becoming champion of Europe and my loss to Cheik Kongo That loss broke my hand, my mind and my heart.

What will you’re life look like after the fight, will you still be active in the sport?
Yes I ll be very active in the sport. I made my debut as a ring announcer and I think I’ll do this more often I’ve also got a lot of students(personal training)and some classes all over the country. My best friend Andrew(Gijs)Houtveen opens his own gym within a few months in Amersfoort, and he asked me to do my personal training in his gym and of course I said yes. It s great to train people in my best friends gym!

How is you’re acting career, in what movie did you played recently?
My acting career is great. Right now I have to say no to some people because now there is no time cause I have to train for 11 December. The last two things I did was in a video clip with a rapper called Raymzter and also I played a part in Deuce Bigalow and right now I m negotiating with Rob Schneider (Deuce)for a movie shot in South Africa.

How do you want to be remembered as a fighter?
As a fighter who always gave his best!! Not the best, but hard to beat.

How is you’re preparation for this fight?
I fight as much as I can. Not too much of weight training just the real thing; standing, ground and techniques.

Is there another emphasis in preparation for this fight?
Like I said, I skipped the running and most of the weights and I fight every day.1 day kickboxing and another wrestling submission)I don t care, as long as I fight it s ok to me.

How important is this world title for you?
The world title means the WORLD to me...I would give my life for that belt around my waist just one time.....Greettzzz everybody and I hope you ll watch my fight December 11th !!!

Joop Kasteel, a fighter who has the right heart for the sport. He started with fighting at a late age so he had to learn a lot. He always gave his best in a fight and showed great courage and willpower. Outside the ring, Joop is a guy who will always help you; he does not care if it is for some advice about nutrition and training or to help a youngster to stay on track in school and in modern society. I surely hope that he can crown his career with the world title on December 11th and I want to wish him all the best and luck.

The event will be held in the Vechtsebanen in Utrecht and starts at 17.00 pm. Joop Osu and respect

Bron:www.man-magazine.nl

Wheelie
04-11-2005, 23:40
Joop is een topper en ik ben er zeker bij.

SUCCES JOOP !!!!

Anonymous
05-11-2005, 12:01
goed en eerlijk interview. Joop Kasteel is de man.

Shytown
05-11-2005, 12:20
Joop is zeker top!
Jammer dat hij na 11 december niet meer zal vechten, en hoe het ook loopt voor mij blijft hij zeker een held.
Maar ik ga er vanuit dat Amersfoort 11 december een gordel rijker is...
Succes Joop!

remco pardoel
07-11-2005, 00:47
Joop is idd een TOPPER!!
Binnen en buiten de ring!

remco pardoel

honingdas
07-11-2005, 13:42
JOOP = Worldchampion!

Ik denk dat iedereen het deze spectakelvechter het wel gunt!

Anonymous
07-11-2005, 20:00
Joop gaat winnen, Hij is iemand die zich altijd helemaal
leegknokt, Go JOOP!!!!