PDA

View Full Version : Nieuws over The Contender (***Spoiler***)

Makijs
23-11-2005, 09:23
Gomez back in January?
By Matt Richardson

Fresh off an October win over Luciano Perez, 147 lb. "Contender" star Alfonso Gomez will likely return to the ring in January in Texas. "Hopefully, in January," Gomez told Fightnews last week. "They told me that there's a possibility that I can fight in January and be the main event of the card. They haven't told me where or against who. There's talks of maybe in Texas." At this point in his career Gomez is seeking to better establish his name within the boxing community. One of the ways he can do this is to start fighting out of the 'Contender' realm and by fighting guys the boxing public knows. "So far my manager (Gary Gittlesohn) and I are just trying to get a fight with already known names so we can start getting our name out there with the real boxing world and eventually start getting the big money fights," explained Gomez. "First we're going to start with fighters who already have a name," he said. "For example there's talks of maybe Antonio Diaz or Juan Carlos Rubio. Maybe a fight with one of those guys."

Makijs
23-11-2005, 09:23
Pemberton to face Manfredo!
By Billy "Loops" Luppert

Super middleweight Scott "The Sandman" Pemberton has confirmed to Fightnews that he and "Contender" finalist Peter Manfredo will get it on Feburary 12th. Pemberton, who is coming off a 2nd round TKO at the hands of IBF super middleweight champion Jeff Lacy on November 5th is looking foward to the fight. "I'm excited to fight. This is a very winnable fight," Pemberton told Fightnews. "If I haven't sparred Peter 100 rounds, I haven't sparred him at all. I love Peter and his father (Peter Sr.), they're good people." The fight will take place at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Downtown Providence, RI, and according to Pemberton will be televised live by ESPN.