PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Joval behoudt wereldtitel.

Marco (scheids)
27-11-2005, 12:36
Raymond Joval heeft vannacht in Australie zn wereldtitel behouden.

In de 10de ronde staakte de scheidsrechter de partij, de tegenstander van Joval (Shannan Taylor) had op dat moment twee gebroken ribben.

Raymond gefeliciteerd !!!

Fr3ddy
27-11-2005, 12:37
Goede prestatie weer van Joval! Top!

Ronald
27-11-2005, 12:43
Top :D .

Emilio
27-11-2005, 13:19
proficiat!

Makijs
27-11-2005, 13:31
Super!
Let op : ca. 1630 op Studio Sport beelden van de partij!!!!!!!!!!! (zie teletekstpagina 224)

Makijs
27-11-2005, 13:33
Joval defeats Taylor!
November 27, 2005
By Ray Wheatley -- World of Boxing
http://www.fightnews.com/wheatley127.htm

Dutchman Raymond Joval ( 35-4) retained the IBO middleweight title when he stopped Shannan Taylor (42-4-2) in round ten at the Vodafone Arena, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia on Sunday. Taylor scored with solid body shots in round one and two that visibly hurt the champion but it was the busier work rate of Joval that had him in ahead on the score cards when American referee Pat Russell saved the game challenger from further punishment at 2 minutes of round ten.

Makijs
27-11-2005, 13:43
Injury knocks out Taylor's title bid
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Injury-knocks-out-Taylors-title-bid/2005/11/27/1133026340487.html
Australian Shannan Taylor blamed a hip injury suffered in the second round for his failed attempt to claim the international boxing organisation world middleweight title off Dutchman Raymond Joval at Melbourne's Vodafone Arena on Sunday.

Joval had the best of the fight throughout and ended it two minutes into the 10th round, when referee Patrick Russell called a halt as the Dutchman was pounding Taylor, who was sagging helplessly against the ropes.

But Taylor said the pivotal moment of the bout occurred eight rounds earlier, when a Joval punch to his right hip caused what he believed to be a break.

"Raymond broke my hip in the second round, he caught me a good shot on the back of the hip," Taylor said. "I was trying to cover it for the last eight rounds but I couldn't move, that's basically why I couldn't get the jab going. I can't bend my hip and that's the truth.
"I fought a great fighter ... but he copped me a nice punch in the second round and it's definitely broken, 100 per cent, I'm not dogging it."

After an even first two rounds, Joval controlled the middle stages of the bout with constant body work on Taylor. Taylor briefly rallied in the ninth round of the scheduled 12-round fight to raise some hope of victory.
But Joval came out with a fierce attack in the 10th round, landing a string of blows to Taylor's head to force him staggering to the ropes, where he quickly brought the contest to an end.

It was Joval's first defence of the world title he won for the second time in June, when he defeated Belgian Lansana Diallo in Belgium. Taylor, who had rejuvenated his career after a slump caused by a period of drug-taking in 2001 - which he said nearly ended his life - felt disappointed to lose but was proud of getting to this point.

"What a gift from God, to come off the deathbed in 2001 and be here right now fighting for a world title," he said. "That's life, it wasn't meant to be, God's got other plans for me."

MZN
27-11-2005, 15:16
Goed gedaan!

Marco
27-11-2005, 16:51
Top voor Joval,
een heup breken in boksen, lijkt wel kickboksen !

Johan H
27-11-2005, 17:19
gefeliciteerd Joval....mooi gedaan 8-)

Ben
27-11-2005, 17:24
klasse joval :lol: ik hoop dat hij niet hoeft te niezen met twee gebroken ribbben.

kentaro
27-11-2005, 17:34
Mooie overwinning van Joval echt top champ!!!!
Ben benieuwd naar de volgende tegenstander van Joval zou hem weleens tegen de winnaar van "the contender" willen zien ofzo!!

The Bulldog
27-11-2005, 17:48
Mooi om te zien hoe Joval als zde verdediger deuidager zo opjaagd...klasse.

Gefeliciteerd...

Bert Kops
27-11-2005, 18:19
Wat een topper is het!

Makijs
27-11-2005, 19:09
Joval meesterlijk in Melbourne
http://www.ad.nl/sport/article70933.ece
http://www.ad.nl/multimedia/archive/00023/joval_23581h.jpg
MELBOURNE - Profbokser Raymond 'Hallelujah' Joval heeft zondag op meesterlijke wijze zijn IBO-wereldtitel in het middengewicht verdedigd.

Raymond 'Hallelujah' Joval. Foto ANPDe 37-jarige Amsterdammer schakelde zijn Australische uitdager Shannan Taylor in de tiende ronde van het slopende gevecht uit. De 32-jarige thuisbokser had zoveel pijn en was dermate uitgeput, dat de scheidsrechter het niet langer verantwoord vond om het duel voort te zetten.

Voor Joval was het zijn 35e zege in zijn 39e partij. Taylor incasseerde zijn vierde nederlaag in zijn 48e beroepsduel. De Australiër hield aan het keiharde gevecht twee gebroken ribben over. Joval bleef redelijk ongeschonden. De trotse titelhouder rekent komend jaar op een groot titelgevecht in de Verenigde Staten. (ANP)

Makijs
28-11-2005, 07:59
Telegraaf:

Voor Joval was het zijn 35e zege in zijn 39e partij. Taylor incasseerde zijn vierde nederlaag in zijn 48e beroepsduel. De Australiër hield aan het keiharde gevecht twee gebroken ribben over. Joval bleef redelijk ongeschonden. De trotse titelhouder rekent komend jaar op een groot titelgevecht in de Verenigde Staten.

„Er komen spannende weken aan�, liet Joval vanuit Melbourne weten. „In Amerika staat een aantal titelgevechten van de toonaangevende bonden in mijn gewicht op het programma. Daarna zullen alle kampioenen wel weer in een koker worden gestopt en rollen er nieuwe titelgevechten uit. Mij is een kans op een topgevecht beloofd. Daar ga ik dan maar van uit. Ik ga in elk geval niemand uit de weg. Bij mij is iedereen welkom in de ring.�

Joval keek tevreden terug op zijn duel met Taylor, ook wel de Bulli Blaster genoemd. „Ik heb hem flink pijn gedaan en hij mij gelukkig niet. Ik moest alleen in het begin van de partij in de verdediging. Ik stond iets te veel stil en kon daardoor mijn combinaties niet goed plaatsen. Halverwege het gevecht voerde ik het tempo op en moest hij zich gewonnen geven. Een mooie zege, al zeg ik het zelf.�

Joval: „Ik heb groot respect voor mijn tegenstander. Ik heb zelf niets gemerkt, maar in de vijfde ronde zou ik hem al een gebroken rib hebben geslagen en daarna nog een. Als je het dan toch nog tot de tiende ronde uithoudt, heb je veel karakter. Het is niet toevallig dat hij juist op die plek veel geraakt werd. Ik heb met mijn trainer-coach Tracey Patterson hard getraind op mijn rechtse swing naar het lichaam. Dat heeft zich in deze partij duidelijk uitbetaald.�

Joval reist komende week vanuit Melbourne naar zijn trainingskamp in New York om een beetje bij te komen. Rond 5 december is hij weer bij zijn familie in Amsterdam. „Ik ga een tijdje nagenieten van deze overwinning. De feestmaand komt eraan en ik heb best wel reden voor een feestje, dacht ik.�

Virby
28-11-2005, 10:23
Ik hoorde op studio sport (dacht ik) dat zijn volgende tegenstander de winnaar zou zijn van hopkins-taylor....Maar ik denk toch niet dat dat al zeker is. Ik hoop wel dat Joval ooit die kans krijgt.

Makijs
28-11-2005, 13:39
Joval stops Taylor, looks to Soliman rematch
By Anthony Cocks (November 28, 2005)
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Cocks/cocks112805.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media/joval_big_WernerKalin.jpg
Shannan Taylor’s bid for the IBO world middleweight title fell short when reigning champion Raymond Joval stopped him in the tenth round at Vodafone Arena in Melbourne, Australia on Sunday afternoon. A clearly disappointed Taylor told the crowd after the fight that a rib injury sustained early in the fight hampered his performance.

“Raymond broke my rib in the second round,� said Taylor, 42-4-2 (28). “He caught me with a nice shot in the back and the side here. I can hardly walk now. I tried to cover it for the last eight rounds, going into the tenth round…I was winning the fight. I’m not tired, I just can’t move.�

In a close fought battle Joval established his jab early while Taylor countered with rips to the body. By the second round it was clear that Joval’s strategy relied heavily on his stiff jab and a variety of body shots. Whenever Taylor got inside, Joval would smother his more powerful punches.

While Joval kept up a high workrate throughout the fight, Taylor was inconsistent in his attack, often allowing the visiting titleholder to rake him to the body and head before landing single counter shots in retaliation.

At times Taylor showed glimpses of his old form that made him one of the best boxers that Australia has produced in the past decade. Midway through the fifth Taylor landed a crunching left hook and a little later a solid right hand that were amongst the best blows of the fight, but Joval’s concrete whiskers soaked up the shots without any obvious ill-effects. In the sixth Joval suffered a small cut over his left eye, but it never had any bearing on the fight.

In the seventh round a Taylor right hand appeared to stagger Joval momentarily, but the 33-year-old challenger was unable to capitalize on the opportunity. In the eighth Taylor managed to land some nice right uppercuts but they failed to budge the iron-jawed Joval. The ninth saw Taylor suffer a small cut above his right eye from what appeared to be a headclash which seemed to distract him from the task at hand.

In the tenth Joval continued to work Taylor over with his high punch output, catching him with a barrage of punches in centre ring that he had no answer for. Not long after Joval backed Taylor to the ropes and unloaded with an endless flow of punches that Taylor attempted to block or slip, but the lack of offence he offered back left referee Pat Russell will little choice but to wave off the contest at 2:04 of the round.

Somewhat surprisingly, two of the three ringside judges had Taylor up by four rounds at the time of the stoppage, while the third judge had Joval ahead by a round.

Overall it was a solid performance by Joval, who kept his fists flowing and was never intimidated by Taylor’s harder punches. At 37-years-old the evergreen Dutchman proved his still got plenty fight left in him yet.

The future for Taylor is a lot more uncertain. “I’ve had a great career…It wasn’t meant to be,� said a non-committal Taylor in the post fight interview. “God’s got other plans for me.�

After the fight a jubilant Joval made overtures to another Australian middleweight who was sitting ringside. “I will come back and fight Sam Soliman for a third time,� said Joval, 35-4 (16), who lost a virtual shutout to Soliman in July last year but also holds a majority decision win over the awkward 32-year-old Melbournian back in 2001.

Ralph
28-11-2005, 16:10
Echt knap van Joval; hij blijft maar gaan! Karakter hoor. Ik hoop dat hij de kans krijgt om tegen een hele grote naam in Amerika te staan. De jaren beginnen nu toch echt te tellen en een echt groot titel gevecht zou een mooie afsluiter zijn. Mocht dit niet doorgaan dan lijkt me een rematch tegen Soliman ook erg mooi.

Anonymous
28-11-2005, 18:37
TOP!!! Geweldige prestatie. Gefeliciteerd!!

Mighty Me
28-11-2005, 18:42
Cker een goeie prestatie
Ik begin steeds meer respect voor deze man te krijgen :)

Marco
28-11-2005, 19:21
zou me niets verbazen dat Joval tegen de winnaar Hopkins-JermainTaylor komt te staan.

MZN
28-11-2005, 20:18
zou me niets verbazen dat Joval tegen de winnaar Hopkins-JermainTaylor komt te staan.

Bij studio sport werd dat als een soort van zekerheid gebracht...

Marco
28-11-2005, 23:39

Bij studio sport werd dat als een soort van zekerheid gebracht...

Bij studio sport hebben ze geen verstand van boksen en in het boksen is geen zekerheid....maarrrrrrrrrrr het zou natuurlijk wel helemaal te gek zijn wanneer Joval de winnaar zou trefen, voor Joval is de poen lekker, en de eer uiteraard, en voor het nederlandse boksen is het ook een opsteker. Maar laten we niet vergeten dat de Amerikanen Joval als een easy tune up fight zien oftewel ff een makkelijkere tegenstander voor de grote kampioen voordat er weer een echte topper wordt voorgeschoteld, zou werkt het daar nou eenmaal......

Anonymous
29-11-2005, 00:16
Sorry maar ik denk toch echt dat winky wright aan de beurt is...als hopkins had gewonnen was het zeker zijn beurt.

Ronny
29-11-2005, 00:23
gefeliciteerd Joval!!

Marco
29-11-2005, 11:03
Sorry maar ik denk toch echt dat winky wright aan de beurt is...als hopkins had gewonnen was het zeker zijn beurt.

Winky komt zeker aan de beurt maar ik denk dat ze de boel nog ff willen rekken om nog meer geld te genereren.

Pwan
29-11-2005, 17:06
Telegraaf:

Ik ga in elk geval niemand uit de weg. Bij mij is iedereen welkom in de ring.

Behalve dan Nordin Ben Salah (RIP :cry: ) , daar ging ie altijd met een grote boog omheen :!: :evil:

Maar toch gefeliciteerd

Bert Kops
29-11-2005, 22:34
Telegraaf:

Ik ga in elk geval niemand uit de weg. Bij mij is iedereen welkom in de ring.

Behalve dan Nordin Ben Salah (RIP :cry: ) , daar ging ie altijd met een grote boog omheen :!: :evil:

Maar toch gefeliciteerd

En jij bent niet goed bij je harses joh!

Pwan
30-11-2005, 10:17
En jij bent niet goed bij je harses joh!

Hummm gevoelig onderwerp geloof ik :(

We kunnen er een lange discussie over voeren ben ik bang, maar ik ben zeker een andere mening toebedeeld en die komt niet zo maar uit de lucht vallen.

En zoals jezelf kan lezen Bert, ben ik wel zo sportief Joval te feliciteren 8-)
Dus...

Fightchick
30-11-2005, 10:34

Maar toch gefeliciteerd[/quote]

En jij bent niet goed bij je harses joh![/quote]

Pwan heeft wel een goed punt......