PDA

View Full Version : Wie gaat er de 18de dec. naar Oss

Anonymous
08-12-2005, 08:18
Zo wie gaat er volgende week zondag kijken naar Albert Kraus vs Menno Dijkstra en Lima vs Richard Fenwick. Ook Abid Boudhan komt aan de bak en vele andere. Is top, wij zijn in ieder geval van de partij met Geoffry Spittael die zal vechten tegen Chakoud van Gym International.
Gr.
Guy

Anonymous
08-12-2005, 10:57
saki vs brummen

Anonymous
08-12-2005, 17:03
INTERVIEW

December: Richard Fenwick

Interview Richard Fenwick

Hi Richard , how are you?
Good thanks Guy

What is there to know about Richard Fenwick, how old are you, how long are you in to this fantastic sport, are you married etc..?
I’m 29 years old. I have been involved in thai boxing for about the last ten years or so, but the first few years were on and off. I hold a British, Commonwealth and World titles. I have a girlfriend Lucy who also competes, we’ve been together for a few years so you could say there’s no escaping thai boxing!

You just became World Champion Full Muay Thai Rules, could you tell us who you fought and how the fight went?
I recently won the WMTO Light Middleweight world title in London. I fought Ben ‘Pixie Burton from Australia who himself has had 70+ fights. The fight was pretty even up to the 3rd round where the referee stopped the fight. Burton was caught with a punch, knee and elbow before going down so it is difficult to say which definitely caught him but a few cuts had been caused and the fight was stopped.

How many fights have you fought and which fight or fights you still remember as being something special?
I’ve had 24 fights. Obviously winning the above world title was a great achievement for me. Every fight is good for me as I love to fight and love the sport.

Your going to fight Superleague Champion Alviar Lima on the 18th. What can be said about you fighting him?
I have seen Lima fight a few times and it will be a good tough fight. But most of all I’ll be coming for a fight as I’m sure Lima will be too.

Both you and Lima seems in great shape lately, Lima has a 6 out of 6, you seem to win fight after fight to, is fighting Lima another step to the top or have you set another goal for this season? When, where and who will be next on the calander?
It will be my 1st fight in Holland so would like to show the people what I am capable of. Of course Lima is another step to the top as he is a world known fighter and I want to fight the best guys out there. Currently my trainer is busy organising fights for next year although I will remain fighting at 69-70kg’s which is my usual weight. I would like to defend my WMTO full rules title and fight as regularly as possible against the top 70kg guys.

Most of your fights where Full Muay Thai Rules, now you will fight modified rules. What do you think about this. Not using the elbows will that take away alot of your capacity in that ring?
Not that it will take away a lot of my capability as elbows are not my only weapons, but yes I prefer to fight full thai. Fighting with elbows changes a fight completely so it will change the fight especially in the clinch.

It seems that in the UK more and more people seems to go for Full Muay Thai Rules as in countries like Belgium, Holland etc.. Modified Rules are applied. Why do you think that is and how would you prefer to see the rules going in Europe, UK or anywhere else in the world?

I would like to see a lot more full thai fights of course. I know that a lot of English fighters spend time in thailand and take the opportunity to fight so perhaps that is why we have more full thai fights. That is the true sport of thai boxing and elbows change a fight.

Some time back you travelled the world right? Tell me something about that, where have you been and was this for pleasure or where you seeking some new experiences in Muay Thai?
I recently came back from Australia where I trained for a year, competing in both New Zealand and Australia and also Thailand. We went there with this purpose so it wasn’t for travelling. It was a great experience to go abroad and compete and have got to know a lot of people, fighters and trainers. It is always good to visit other countries and gyms just to see how thai boxing is done around the world and be faced with fresh opponents, it provides more challenges and keeps you focused.

Right now your back at Keddles Gym, who are the fighters you work out , your daily gymmates so the speak? Hows a Keddles Gym week looks like?
My main training partner would be Kieran Keddle but there are many more fighters there, Rob Storey, Michael Showers and Phill Ireland to name a few. Unfortunately I live quite a way from the gym so part of my training takes place at Keddles with my trainers Alan Keddle and Chris Carley. Since coming back from Australia I have set up my own gym, AKA Thaiboxing local to where I live so I train regularly there with one of my trainers aswell as running the gym. A typical training session would be to run, skip, then 5 rounds of pads finishing with clinch. I have regular sparring sessions aswell.

What are the fighters you look up to in UK, Europe and the rest of the world and why?
I just want to be the best fighter that I can be. I am interested in watching fighters compete around the world and watching their style.

What about other sports, every healthy Englishman is a soccerfanatic arent they? What about you? Which club ?
I can honestly say that I am not really interested in football. I used to support West Ham years back, but now my main focus is on my training and my own gym.

Anything else to add, Richard? For Lima, your fans or??
No I think that that is all, thanks for doing the interview Guy and I look forward to fighting Lima in Holland on the 18th.

Thanks for your time and good luck the 18th

PICTURES

ARCHIVE

Albert 'The Hurricane' Kraus (August)

Valon Basha (September)

Patrick Erokson (Oktober)

Gregory ChiKO Swerts (November)

WIM NUYENS (december)

Interview Nico Verresen (February)

Richard Fenwick (December)

Anonymous
09-12-2005, 00:21
Gokhan Saki vs Bruner is een rematch die Saki eerder verloor dus die heeft wat recht te zetten daar in Oss..

Hammerkick
10-12-2005, 13:06
Het gaat een heel mooi gala worden !!I Ik zal er zijn.

Anonymous
11-12-2005, 15:18
Er volgt ook nog een zeer piitig interview met Menno Dijkstra... Hou het in de gaten!!

jcsport
11-12-2005, 15:44
Ik ga ook zeker wel even kijken!

Ossie
11-12-2005, 16:38
Er volgt ook nog een zeer piitig interview met Menno Dijkstra... Hou het in de gaten!!

Waar wordt dit interview geplaatst?
Ben er benieuwd naar.

Anonymous
12-12-2005, 16:27
Natuurlijk zijn wij ook van de partij!!

Lammie
13-12-2005, 10:59
Waar vind ik meer info hierover???

Link naar website ofzo??

gr,
Lammie

Anonymous
13-12-2005, 23:59
Wat wil je weten mijn vriend?
Het listje begint toch al aardig mooi te worden..
Albert Kraus(Team Superpro) vs Menno Dijkstra(Pancreation)
Alviar Lima(Team Superpro) vs Richard Fenwick(Keddles) (binnen een paar dagen interview van deze Britse knokker)
Abid Boudhan (Pattaya Gym)vs Bensimed (Fr)
Chahid (Future Gym)vs Tom Seansuk (Pinas)
Turgut Ozturk (Friends Gym) vs
Kevin De Bougne (Masseurs) vs Hallil (Bully's Gym)
Collette Van Ham (Yoshida) vs Takada (Japan)
Debby Broeders (Friends Gym) vs Ota (Japan)
Geoffry Spittael (Team HTK) vs Chakoud (Gym International)