PDA

View Full Version : bas weg bij pride

RNLMC
20-12-2005, 19:35
http://www.basrutten.tv/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=1

echt jammer man,hij deed het echt goed,en was echt grappig :) :(

redjuh
20-12-2005, 20:21
why god why??? voor zijn commentaar dlde ehm ik bedoel kocht ik altijd de japanse en amerikaanse dvd!!!

Highline
20-12-2005, 20:49
bas was echt super bij pride.. echt jammer

Jay Hoov
20-12-2005, 21:01
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

dtgerald
20-12-2005, 21:08
quit Pride! I know, quite a shocker he?
Why would people say, it’s a dream job! You are absolutely right, it IS a dream job, and the Company is great, they have unbelievable fighters and unbelievable shows!

Of course this is not without a good reason, and just to make sure that there are NO misunderstandings, I am going to tell you a little bit of what happened. (Pay attention to the “little bit part�) If I don’t do this, people start speculating and rumors will get started and this way you hear it straight from me and not some gossip that people are going to make up.

First of all, I deal with people here in the States that work for Pride, so it’s NOT the fault of the people that work for Pride in Japan. The people in Japan are great people and the President Mr. Sakikabara is a very nice person and he and his staff has always been very good to me.

I came to the States to try to become an actor so I asked them if I could only do the Pride shows for next year, no more Bushido shows, because I already had said “NO� to three movies, all leads, and the reason for that was that I had to go to Japan all the time.

So I asked to do only the Pride shows and because the company grew so much, PLUS I really think that I did a good job and a lot of good work for Pride, I thought it was time for me, after 6 years of working for them, to ask for a raise. Well, here we go, the “very short version� out of respect that I have for the Company. The negotiations started, going back and forward, saying this, saying that, you know, the usual negotiations drills, and it resulted in me finding out that Frank Trigg is co-hosting the next “Pride FSN show�.

Wow!! Now NOT telling me that this was going to happen after everything that I did for them in the last 6 years?? That was something just unbelievable and that was right away the motivation behind my decision to quit. (Of course this is not the only reason, that’s why I said the “little bit�) If they would have at least called or emailed me to inform me that Frank was going to do it, I would have been OK with that, because there are many reasons that they can come up with for that. But doing this behind my back, I mean, don’t these same people here call me “The face of Pride?� No thank you! This is just NOT the way you tread people and trust me, surely not me!

That’s it! It’s also not a thing that I can turn back because once I know that people don’t respect me for what I do for them, it’s irreversible. That’s just my character and I can’t change that, I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror anymore if I did stay with them and still have to work with the people here in the US who don’t respect me.

I feel VERY bad about all this and I am sure that I am going to miss this job tremendously, the fighters, their trainers and friends, the staff in Japan, the friends that I made over there and of course the wonderful reactions from you guys that I always received!!

Understand that I won’t go into details (this is for the people who want to interview me, this is it, I won’t say anything more). First of all because I am not that kind of person and second, because I had a great and outstanding 6 years with Pride and like I said before, Mr. Sakikabara and the Japanese staff always have been treating me with respect and have been very good to me.

I wish Frank Trigg all the best of luck and I hope that he will do a great job! Together with the one and only Mauro Ranallo, who’s the best play-by-play guy in the business I truly believe, it should be no problem!

No worry though, because I am pretty sure that “El Guapo� is not out of the picture and will “pop up� somewhere else, because this is in my blood and you simply can’t get that out just like that!

The one thing that’s good about it, this will be the first time in 6 years that I am home with New Years Eve with my family and I love that!

Happy Holidays everybody, and I really hope that you understand my decision.

Best wishes,

Bas Rutten

Emilio
20-12-2005, 22:47
nou dan maar samen met joe rogan de ufc doen.

Mickey
20-12-2005, 23:01
Precies! Dat is ook in the states!

Goed stukje trouwens! Bas snapt goed hoe het werkt op het net en is alle gedoe zo mooi voor!

Erg coole actie! Wel ontzettend jammer dat ie er weg is.. Damnit.. Heb me laatst nog bescheurd om die topic met Bas Quotes.

Silat
21-12-2005, 00:37
zo jammer..

Anonymous
21-12-2005, 01:01
quit Pride! I know, quite a shocker he?
Why would people say, it’s a dream job! You are absolutely right, it IS a dream job, and the Company is great, they have unbelievable fighters and unbelievable shows!

Of course this is not without a good reason, and just to make sure that there are NO misunderstandings, I am going to tell you a little bit of what happened. (Pay attention to the “little bit part�) If I don’t do this, people start speculating and rumors will get started and this way you hear it straight from me and not some gossip that people are going to make up.

First of all, I deal with people here in the States that work for Pride, so it’s NOT the fault of the people that work for Pride in Japan. The people in Japan are great people and the President Mr. Sakikabara is a very nice person and he and his staff has always been very good to me.

I came to the States to try to become an actor so I asked them if I could only do the Pride shows for next year, no more Bushido shows, because I already had said “NO� to three movies, all leads, and the reason for that was that I had to go to Japan all the time.

So I asked to do only the Pride shows and because the company grew so much, PLUS I really think that I did a good job and a lot of good work for Pride, I thought it was time for me, after 6 years of working for them, to ask for a raise. Well, here we go, the “very short version� out of respect that I have for the Company. The negotiations started, going back and forward, saying this, saying that, you know, the usual negotiations drills, and it resulted in me finding out that Frank Trigg is co-hosting the next “Pride FSN show�.

Wow!! Now NOT telling me that this was going to happen after everything that I did for them in the last 6 years?? That was something just unbelievable and that was right away the motivation behind my decision to quit. (Of course this is not the only reason, that’s why I said the “little bit�) If they would have at least called or emailed me to inform me that Frank was going to do it, I would have been OK with that, because there are many reasons that they can come up with for that. But doing this behind my back, I mean, don’t these same people here call me “The face of Pride?� No thank you! This is just NOT the way you tread people and trust me, surely not me!

That’s it! It’s also not a thing that I can turn back because once I know that people don’t respect me for what I do for them, it’s irreversible. That’s just my character and I can’t change that, I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror anymore if I did stay with them and still have to work with the people here in the US who don’t respect me.

I feel VERY bad about all this and I am sure that I am going to miss this job tremendously, the fighters, their trainers and friends, the staff in Japan, the friends that I made over there and of course the wonderful reactions from you guys that I always received!!

Understand that I won’t go into details (this is for the people who want to interview me, this is it, I won’t say anything more). First of all because I am not that kind of person and second, because I had a great and outstanding 6 years with Pride and like I said before, Mr. Sakikabara and the Japanese staff always have been treating me with respect and have been very good to me.

I wish Frank Trigg all the best of luck and I hope that he will do a great job! Together with the one and only Mauro Ranallo, who’s the best play-by-play guy in the business I truly believe, it should be no problem!

No worry though, because I am pretty sure that “El Guapo� is not out of the picture and will “pop up� somewhere else, because this is in my blood and you simply can’t get that out just like that!

The one thing that’s good about it, this will be the first time in 6 years that I am home with New Years Eve with my family and I love that!

Happy Holidays everybody, and I really hope that you understand my decision.

Best wishes,

Bas Rutten

It's very sad for the whole MMA world man,you were the perfect man to do that.

ICON
21-12-2005, 08:17
kutzooi!!!

Remco
21-12-2005, 11:55
Jammer dat het zo heeft moeten lopen. Ik hoop dat Trigg het waarmaakt. Mauro is overigens super, IMO.

Mike
21-12-2005, 12:30
echt kut dit !!!

TheSkindo
21-12-2005, 12:41
Ze zijn bij Pride ook niet echt slim he...Iedereen op internet roept dat ze Quadros weer terug willen en wat doen ze? Ze breken ook maar met Bas.....?!? Rare gasten hoor....Ik denk dat de kwaliteit van het commentaar nu echt dramatisch slecht gaat worden...

maartenjackie
21-12-2005, 12:51
echt heel jammer, ik kijk nu minder graag naar pride

Deuce
21-12-2005, 13:25
opgerot staat netjes...

*wacht op reactie*

Anonymous
21-12-2005, 13:35
opgerot staat netjes...

*wacht op reactie*

Neem aan dat je op een andere thread replied? :evil:

Tjonge, dit is echt jammer Bas kan de saaiste partij nog het aanzien waard maken en dat is een eigenschap die niet veel commentators hebben. Samen met Quadros unbeatable. :cry:

Remco
21-12-2005, 15:02
Wat is er mis met Mauro Ranello? In mijn ogen is hij erg snel, heeft hij begrip voor het spel en daarmee de ideale verslaggever. Hoevaak ik Bas wel niet heb horen zeggen: "I was just about to say that"...

Bas fungeerde als de commentator met de persoonlijke ervaring. Daarvan lopen er natuurlijk meer rond. Misschien waren de ervaringen van Bas volgens Pride uitgeput geraakt en hebben ze behoefte aan een nieuwe invalshoek.

Jammer dat de Nederlandse inbreng er niet meer is, dat vond ik een leuk aspect aan het commentaar van Bas.

Overigens heb ik liever dat een saaie partij ook zo behandeld wordt, zoals Royers doet. Bij Pride zouden ze nog in superlatieven spreken wanneer beide vechters een uiltje knappen.

ICON
21-12-2005, 15:50
Wat is er mis met Mauro Ranello? In mijn ogen is hij erg snel, heeft hij begrip voor het spel en daarmee de ideale verslaggever. Hoevaak ik Bas wel niet heb horen zeggen: "I was just about to say that"...

Bas fungeerde als de commentator met de persoonlijke ervaring. Daarvan lopen er natuurlijk meer rond. Misschien waren de ervaringen van Bas volgens Pride uitgeput geraakt en hebben ze behoefte aan een nieuwe invalshoek.

Jammer dat de Nederlandse inbreng er niet meer is, dat vond ik een leuk aspect aan het commentaar van Bas.

Overigens heb ik liever dat een saaie partij ook zo behandeld wordt, zoals Royers doet. Bij Pride zouden ze nog in superlatieven spreken wanneer beide vechters een uiltje knappen.

er is nix mis met mauro dat wordt toch ook nergens gezegd. samen waren ze te gek. alhoewel ik quadros beter vond.

Virus
21-12-2005, 17:03
[er is nix mis met mauro dat wordt toch ook nergens gezegd. samen waren ze te gek. alhoewel ik quadros beter vond.
Absoluut mee eens...

Bas Rutten en Quadros waren (en blijven) de beste in hun vak. Joe Rogan van de UFC is trouwens ook een topper...

Jammer dat Bas ermee stopt, daarmee neemt een stukje van Pride afscheid van ons... Ik heb daar ongeveer hetzelfde gevoel bij als toen bij het vertrek van Quadros.

Goed stukje van Bas...

Mephisto
21-12-2005, 17:37
opgerot staat netjes...

*wacht op reactie*

Neem aan dat je op een andere thread replied? :evil:

Tjonge, dit is echt jammer Bas kan de saaiste partij nog het aanzien waard maken en dat is een eigenschap die niet veel commentators hebben. Samen met Quadros unbeatable. :cry:

Hé, dat was ik, en ik ben er zeker van dat ik ingelogd was :?

RNLMC
21-12-2005, 17:42
hij is naar kotc,....
http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2005/kotc_canada.html

zal flink wat aan salaris in hebben moeten leveren,..

Wheelie
21-12-2005, 19:44
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=1260&zoneid=2

Deuce
21-12-2005, 19:59
Mephisto.....in het geval dat jij het was...ja ik meen het...en ja het ging over deze topic..:lol:

Anonymous
22-12-2005, 01:00
Persoonlijk vind ik het commentaar van Bas wel geinig en idd leuk dat het een Hollander is, maar zeker niet uitzonderlijk, zit er niet zo mee eerlijk gezegd.

m.g
22-12-2005, 03:28
Is zeker jammer....

Nickuraba
22-12-2005, 11:19
iedereen zegt dat t pride is maar tis toch de amerikaanse organisatie die hem stuurde niet pride? als ik het goed heb benadrukt hij dat nog eens

HUNEBED
22-12-2005, 11:35
Bas is een wereldgozer, zonde dat-ie weg is bij Pride.... 'ben nu z'n vrijgezellen feest aan't downloaden, "Bachelor Bas Gone Wild"

Deuce
22-12-2005, 13:40
Zou het persoonlijk gezonder vinden dat je iets van jenna jameson download ofzo...

Maargoed..wat jij wilt voor deze eenzame kerst :wink:

HUNEBED
22-12-2005, 14:36
Zou het persoonlijk gezonder vinden dat je iets van jenna jameson download ofzo...

Maargoed..wat jij wilt voor deze eenzame kerst :wink:

hahaha... 'k heb de hoes gezien en aangezien Bas ook wel 'n womanizer is zit dat wel goed mienjongen, waarom zou 'k wat downloaden van JJ als 'k hier 'n paar films van haar heb liggen ? 8-)

MB667
22-12-2005, 15:57
bim bam boeien toch. ik kijk toch alleen maar de japanse versie

ICON
22-12-2005, 16:41
bim bam boeien toch. ik kijk toch alleen maar de japanse versie

amerikaanse is veel leuker joh. ik vind dat japans toch maar moeilijk te begrijpen hoor :)

wat is dat voor avater trouwens?

Jochem
22-12-2005, 23:55
die bachelor bas is ontzettend saai. kreeg em gratis bij big dvd`s of combat.

Paganstars
23-12-2005, 13:25
@ mb is dat niet van tool ofzow jou avatar? back on topic... wel jammer dat bas weg is, vond zijn commentaar wel grappig!