PDA

View Full Version : PENN VS ST.PIERRE SIGNED FOR MARCH

Hollandpride
25-12-2005, 20:54
When 'The Prodigy' BJ Penn was brought out on the UFC 56: 'Full Force' pay-per-view broadcast and the announcement was made that he was back in the UFC, George St. Pierre's well earned rematch with Matt Hughes for the welterweight championship hit a roadblock that detoured his title shot through former UFC Welterweight Champion, BJ Penn.

BJ Penn broke the news on MMAWeekly Radio a couple of weeks back that he would fight St.Pierre in March. BJ Penn has signed the deal in the past 24 hours and the fight will take place.

"I would prefer to fight Matt Hughes for a title shot, but now I fight BJ Penn," St. Pierre recently told MMAWeekly Radio about his next match. On a four fight win streak over some big names: Sean Sherk, Frank Trigg, Jason 'Mayhem' Miller, and Dave Strasser; George hopes to add another impressive name to his hit list and extend his winning streak.

The confident and always respectable St. Pierre stated, "I'm a professional fighter. I'm not afraid of nobody. I think the opponent was set for that fight because he's one of the top welterweights, and some people think he's the top welterweight right now, so it's a big honor for me to fight him."

George didn't know the exact date of the match with Penn, but narrowed it down to "March or April."

BJ Penn is one of the most respected Mixed Martial Artists in the world and has become a seasoned veteran. 'The Prodigy' nickname seems to be more suited for the 24 year old George St. Pierre these days than BJ Penn, although Penn is only a few days over 27.

This has the makings of an epic bout written all over it, one of those rare matches in MMA history that only the future will reveal it's true importance. No matter who wins, something makes me think there will be a rematch somewhere down the line. I'm going to go out on a limb and saying we'll be talking about this match as a fight of the year candidate for 2006.

Bron: MMAweekly

Hollandpride
25-12-2005, 20:55
VETTE MATCH!!!!!!

Chico
25-12-2005, 21:01
idd..

maar st Pierre lag er vorige keer tegen Hughes toch al na 30 seconden ofzo uit?? of haal ik hem door de war met iemand anders...

Anonymous
25-12-2005, 21:16
idd..

maar st Pierre lag er vorige keer tegen Hughes toch al na 30 seconden ofzo uit?? of haal ik hem door de war met iemand anders...

het was volgens mij geen dertig seconden maar hughes had hem idd te pakken met een prachtige armklem! maar gsp is een pure mma'er en die leert van zijn fouten. naar mijn mening is dit zeker het gevecht van 2006. ik ben fan van allebiei, moge de beste winnen!

Jochem
25-12-2005, 21:26
impressive voor de ufc. vind Penn meer pride materiaal

Virus
25-12-2005, 21:33
idd..

Jip... dat was iemand anders...

Tegen St Pierre won Huhges ook maar dat was op een armklem 5 seconde voor het eind van de eerste ronde...

Ontopic!

Penn vs st Pierre wordt een heel vette match, maar Penn mag z`n A-game meebrengen want ik denk dat Pierre dit gaat winnen...

Chico
25-12-2005, 22:02
hmm kan er niet opkomen wie het dan was... maar kheb ff hughes's lijst bekeken op sherdog... best wel imposant.. en hij heeft van BJ Penn verloren.. misschien leuke rematch indien bj deze partij wint...

ICON
25-12-2005, 22:39
ik ga ook voor st pierre

Nickuraba
26-12-2005, 00:44
ik hoop en ga voor st pierre

Mike
26-12-2005, 01:56
wow!!

dit lijkt me echt een top partij

ik denk en hoop dat GSP wint!

Emilio
26-12-2005, 03:06
cool, dit wordt een technisch hoogstaande partij denk ik!

Tsuki
26-12-2005, 10:08
Penn all the way , die gast is echt super

maartenjackie
26-12-2005, 11:34
ik weet zeker dat penn wint, mits hij in goede conditie komt, de luie rat

Anonymous
26-12-2005, 11:49
ik weet zeker dat penn wint, mits hij in goede conditie komt, de luie rat

my thoughts exactly

Anonymous
26-12-2005, 12:51
hmm kan er niet opkomen wie het dan was... maar kheb ff hughes's lijst bekeken op sherdog... best wel imposant.. en hij heeft van BJ Penn verloren.. misschien leuke rematch indien bj deze partij wint...

volgens mij is dit ook de bedoeling, voor de ufc mw title :wink: dat maakt deze partij nog interresanter 8-)

Wheelie
26-12-2005, 13:34
BJ Penn is the shit en gaat deze partij zeker winnen

the dragon
26-12-2005, 13:39
uhmz bj al lang niet zien vechten en GSP daar hoef ik niet eens over te beginnen neem ik aan

word een ''harde'' partij

P.S: GSP ,AA & Rich Franklin moeten naar pride !

Paganstars
26-12-2005, 16:32
BJ gaat gsp slopen!