PDA

View Full Version : Peter Manfredo vs. Scott Pemberton **** Spoiler ****

Makijs
14-02-2006, 09:38
Manfredo dismantles Pemberton!
http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEFAlluAppaDFCNcQR.html

Monday, February 13 2006
By Billy "Loops" Luppert at ringside

Contender runnerup Peter Manfredo Jr (25-3, 11 KOs) moved up to super middleweight and scored an impressive third round knockout over recent title challenger Scott Pemberton (29-5, 24 KOs) Monday night at the Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence, Rhode Island. Manfredo dominated the bout, dropping Pemberton twice in the third round before the bout was stopped at 2:06 by referee Dick Flaherty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In what on paper was a very interesting heavyweight bout, the fight between Olympian Jason Estrada (5-0, 1 KO) and Juan Carlos Gomez-conqueror Yanqui Diaz (13-3, 8 KOs) ended in a no decision after Diaz was cut by an unintentional headbutt midway through the first round.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former "Contender" Miguel Espino (11-2-1, 4 KOs) outpointed Dorian Beaupierre (12-5-2, 6 KOs) over six rounds. Scores were 59-55, 58-56, 58-56.
Middleweight Mohammad Said (17-4) won a majority decision over former Contender cast member Jonathan Reid (33-4) in a bout originally slated for six that was dropped to four rounds. Scores were 39-37, 39-37, 38-38.
Cruiserweight Matt Godfrey moved to 11-0 with 6 KOs after a second round stoppage of Ernest "Machine Gun" Mateen (29-12-3, 10 KOs). Time was 1:51.
In the opener, unbeaten featherweight Matt Remillard (7-0, 6 KOs) scored a forst round stoppage of Garvin Crout (11-8-1).

Makijs
14-02-2006, 10:42
Barrage by Manfredo ends bout in third round
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2329868
By Thomas Gerbasi
Updated: Feb. 13, 2006, 11:45 PM ET

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The snow may have postponed Sunday's "East Coast Pride" show at the Dunkin' Donuts Center, but the storm didn't let up when the card finally got underway Monday night, as hometown super-middleweight hero Peter Manfredo Jr. was nearly flawless in stopping fellow New Englander Scott Pemberton in three one-sided rounds. It was a stirring display of punching variety and power from "The Contender" star, who had logged only 10 knockouts in his previous 24 wins. As for Pemberton, 39, who has been known throughout his 11-year career for his resiliency and his memorable wars with Omar Sheika, it was obvious from the start of the bout that he had seen better days.

"Maybe I got old tonight," 39-year-old Scott Pemberton (left) said after failing to last three rounds against Peter Manfredo Jr.
"What can I say?" Pemberton said. "Maybe I got old tonight. I didn't feel comfortable getting into the ring tonight. I felt very stiff and awkward, and I never got into any mode."
"The Pride of Providence" must have sensed it, too, and he fought accordingly. "I wanted to take him out early," Manfredo said. "I felt extremely strong tonight."

From the opening bell, Manfredo showed little respect for Pemberton's punching power, standing right in front of the veteran as he picked him apart with quick 1-2s and a radar-like right hand that rarely missed the mark. The second round held more of the same, with Manfredo standing in the pocket, beating Pemberton to the punch and deftly eluding most of the return fire.

Early in the third, Manfredo struck, hurting Pemberton with a left hook, and then after a bit of shoe-shining, dropping his foe with a beautiful right uppercut to the jaw. Manfredo immediately jumped on his former sparring partner, digging to the body and sending Pemberton down a second time with a right hand to the head. One final barrage was all it took then, with referee Richard Flaherty wisely calling the bout off at 2:06 of the third round.

With the win, Manfredo improves to 25-3 with 11 KOs; Pemberton, who was coming off a knockout loss to 168-pound king Jeff Lacy, falls to 29-5-1 with 24 KOs.

"The Contender's" Miguel Espino improved to 11-2-1 (4 KOs) in the co-feature with a six round unanimous decision over Dorian Beaupierre of Orlando, Fla., who after an 11-1 start is 1-4-2 in his past seven bouts.

In the opener, Mohammad Said finished strong en route to a four-round majority decision over "Contender" alum Jonathan Reid. The scores were 39-37 twice and 38-38 for Said, who improves to 18-4 with 10 KOs. Reid, who has lost three in a row, falls to 33-4 with 19 KOs.

2004 U.S. Olympian Jason Estrada took a big step up in competition against Cuba's Yanqui Diaz, but a first-round clash of heads rendered Diaz unable to continue due to a cut, and the bout was halted and ruled a no-decision.

CAPO58
14-02-2006, 17:52
Ik was al voor Manfredo met the contender, hij had zn re-match tegen Mora eigenlijk gewonnen, maar die jury he. En nu K.O. zege o.l.v. top-coach Freddie Rouch. Manfredo is goed bezig.