PDA

View Full Version : vanderlei interview

MB667
08-03-2006, 11:47
Here's the full inteview:

Question: In a recent interview, Charles Bennett said he knocked you out in the backstage of PRIDE. What do you have to say about his claims? What really happened?

Vanderlei: What really happened was that Bennett was staring at Cristiano Marcelo in a disrespectful way. I said to Cristiano that he can't let this happen, and that he has to fight him. Then they both clinched, Bennett got Cristiano down, and Cristiano triangled him. He was nice to Bennett, though, because I was telling him to punch him before Bennett starts sleeping, but he didn't and just put him to sleep. We were all there in the dressing room, but it was a fair fight. There was no cowardly actions of everyone jumping him; the fight was allowed to go one-on-one. Afterwards master Rudimar woke him up and we asked him to leave.

Question: Do you want a rematch against Vitor Belfort? what do you think of fighting him in the PRIDE Open Weight GP?

Vanderlei: I would like very much to fight him. I'm waiting for him to gain the right to fight me.

Question: Is there any fighter you would like to fight more than anyone else?

Vanderlei: Chuck Liddell. He talks too much, and I know I can make a good fight with him.

Question: Which fight was the hardest of your career?

Vanderlei: Dan Henderson. I was actually supposed to fight Belfort on that card. Henderson replaced him in the last minute.

Question: What about Mark Hunt, are you ready to fight him again?

Vanderlei: That was a good fight. I had just fought Jackson in November. Then I trained to fight Sakuraba, traveled to fight Nakamura or Tamura, and two days before the event they offered me twice to fight Hunt, and I accepted it.

Question: How did you win the decision against Arona when the only thing you did was two sprawls and those pointless kicks? You got taken down several times, your guard got passed, and you bled. Do you really think you won? Don't you think your star status in Japan weighed heavily in that split decision?

Vanderlei: Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I respect yours, and when I watch the fight I see that I won. I think I was more aggressive, I defended the takedowns, and I landed good strikes. When he passed my guard, it was only because I was attacking because the round was coming to an end!

Question: I once read that the top fighters purse in PRIDE was around USD$300,000. Is this true?

Vanderlei: That was two years ago, now it's a lot more.

Question: What do you think about Rogerio Minotoro's performance? He has greatly improved his boxing. Would you like to fight him in the future?

Vanderlei: I would like to fight him, I think his style matches with mine. But I want to fight his brother; it'd the same kind of fight, except that it would be a bigger profile fight in Japan.

Question: Is it true that before you fought Vitor Belfort, you said he wouldn't last five minutes with you?

Vanderlei: Sometimes we make mistakes. I would've liked that. I wanted to be the winner... but today would be totally different!

Question: Does drug testing really exist in MMA, or is it just a myth?

Vanderlei: Drug tests are performed before the fight. Every fighter urinates in a small cup before and after the fight.

Question: Georges St-Pierre or B.J. Penn?

Vanderlei: B.J. Penn for sure...

Anonymous
08-03-2006, 11:55
haa mendo ouwe rukker..t is Wabderlei he ....bedankt voor t interview!!!

Anonymous
08-03-2006, 11:56
Wanderlei (sorry ben net wakker)

p diddy
08-03-2006, 13:49
vet interview thx man!!!

MMA Davy
08-03-2006, 14:24
leuk intervieuw thnx :wink:

Anonymous
08-03-2006, 14:47
Question: How did you win the decision against Arona when the only thing you did was two sprawls and those pointless kicks? You got taken down several times, your guard got passed, and you bled. Do you really think you won? Don't you think your star status in Japan weighed heavily in that split decision?

gezien het antwoord op vraag 1, heeft de interviewer behoorlijk veel lef met deze vraag...