Anonymous
25-04-2006, 10:51
valt wel mee

Mighty Me
25-04-2006, 10:57
Keylock Pijnlijk

ICON
25-04-2006, 11:06
ik kan hem nu niet zien. is dat die bjj gast die zn arm/schouder breekt met een partijtje tegen een braziliaan?

ICON
25-04-2006, 11:19
zo ja. dan hier een verklaring van die gast die bij de ander zn arm brak
Official Statement from CHOKE BJJ Academy

Dear students and friends,

last Saturday, April 1st 2006, I took part in the submission wrestling event called “Open Mat 8�, held in Copenhagen. My third match was against Mr. Mads Mekker and during the first minutes of this bout a scary accident took place. As I applied an americana lock (also known as “kimura�, a common type of shoulder lock submission), my opponent’s arm popped in a way I have never seen before in my 11 years involved with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

It was a fast move and as soon as I heard the snap sound I let go of his arm and stood up in shock, already aware that something had gone very wrong with his arm. Mads was evidently in pain and scared, but luckily he was assisted quickly and taken to a hospital where doctors took care of his injury.

Even though I had been informed that Mads was receiving medical treatment, I could not stop thinking about what had happened in our match and wondering how he was doing at the hospital. I have been injured myself and I know how awful it is to be alone in a hospital not knowing what is going to happen to you. It was a very hard day for me and I can only imagine how hard it was for Mads. Because of the shocking way the injury happened and because I was directly involved, I had a horrible night at home and could not get rid of the haunting memories of the accident.

The next day my first concern was to go visit Mads at Bispebjerg Hospital and find out how he was doing. So I traveled from Helsingør to Copenhagen along with my wife Kamille and my friend and assistant instructor Morten Pedersen. I was very glad and relieved to find out from Mads that the injury has been taken care of and that he will fully recover in due time.

This was also the first time Mads and I had a chance to speak to each other. He clearly is a very friendly and easy going guy. Despite all the guilt I was feeling, he made me feel at ease about it by saying that it was not my fault. I told him I wish this past Saturday could be erased from our lives and that we could have met under different circumstances, but unfortunately things are the way they are and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Nevertheless I still felt bad about the whole incident and wanted to make up for it in any possible way. So I gave Mads a couple of presents to cheer him up at the hospital: a box of chocolates and the latest issue of M! Magazine with 100 hot babes inside (-;

Despite all the pain and inconvenience of his injury, Mads made it clear to me that he is totally hooked on his martial arts training, and that one of the things he regrets the most is the fact that it would take a while before he could return to the mats. Since some of my students are physiotherapists, I have spoken to them and Mads will be assisted with his recovery so that he can be back in top shape as soon as possible.

Mads was also very happy to find out that he now has a free lifetime membership at any CHOKE BJJ school, including my master’s dojo in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, if he ever travels that way. I also gave him a rash guard from my sponsor, ISAMI/Reversal, and made him promise to stop by my school in Lyngby as soon as he feels ready to do so.

Mads is a great guy with a good attitude and a captivating sense of humor. Just imagine that less than 24 hours after our horrible accident, we were both having a few laughs together in the hospital.

Despite his good spirits, Mads has one tough recovery ahead of him. The injury on the arm prevents him from working in the coming months, therefore his financial situation will suffer a direct hit. In order to help solve this problem, I, as the head of CHOKE Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Worldwide, am mobilizing all our students and friends to contribute with funds to help Mads through this difficult time in his life.

Deuce
25-04-2006, 11:26
Hij doet er wel zn best voor, maarja...dan vind het een blessure die te voorkomen is...

Maargoed...blijft lastig

Christophe
25-04-2006, 11:53
:shock: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

M'n nekharen staan recht overeind van dat "krak"-geluidje dat je hoort!!!

Risico's van het vak, en ik ben niet geplaatst om iemand hierin te beschuldigen, al vind ik persoonlijk wel dat er duidelijk een niveau-verschil is tussen de twee dus de klem had mijn inziens wel wat "rustiger" (lees: gecontroleerder) aangezet kunnen worden.

Wel mooie reactie achteraf! Ik weet alleen niet in hoeverre die kerel daar van wilt profiteren, want volgens mij zat de breuk ter hoogte van de elleboog ... dus daar heeft hij de rest van z'n leven plezier van! Ik wens het niemand toe!

the white buffalo
27-04-2006, 23:09
het is wel heel hard gegaan hoor...