PDA

View Full Version : Rickson awes Paulo Filho

Anonymous
30-04-2006, 12:36
Bomb!! Paulo Filho, Brazilian Top Team’s undefeated MMA champion, is training with Rickson Gracie.

He confessed to GRACIEMAG.com to be astonished with the experience. Filho reveals that he has never seen anyone with the technical knowledge of the great Jiu-Jitsu myth. “I have trained with the toughest guys formed by Carlson Gracie. They were all great and I for sure don’t want to diminish anybody, but I have to say that no one ever did to me what Rickson Gracie has done during training these last days,� confesses last Pride Bushido star. Filho also clarifies that did not change teams. He is still part of BTT, although he points out that he maintains a certain degree of technical secrecy: “The opportunity I’m having is unique, so I’m not divulging it. Those are techniques that I intend to incorporate to my fighting, and hopefully will make me a more worthy Jiu-Jitsu representative.�

Back in the 90’s it was common for a great Jiu-Jitsu champion to train with Rickison and come out astonished. That was the case of Fabio Gurgel, Renzo Gracie, Roberto Roleta, Alexandre Paiva, Nino Schembri, among others. Filho statements are much more powerful for two reasons:

1) It is current news. It’s been ten years since any first class fighter came public with such statements. Many even thought that Rickson’s supremacy was a thing of the past.

2) Filho comes from the Carlson Gracie’s lineage, where opinions about Rickson were the most skeptical within the world of Jiu-Jitsu, but maybe only because no one from Carlson’s side had ever the opportunity to train with the icon before Filho. Rickson is training in Brazil for about five months now. Filho confirms that, despite his age, the Gracie is at his top physical shape.

bron: www.graciemag.com

Deuce
30-04-2006, 13:46
Pff nou als Paulo Filho het zegt, tja...ik zie Filho echt als de next big thing...dus dan zal ie de skills zeker hebben.

Maar ik ben nog niet overtuigd voor een lidmaatchap van 50 euro per jaar :lol:

Anonymous
30-04-2006, 18:35
leuk dat dit naar buiten komt.
de insiders weten natuurlijk allang dat Rickson de source is.Het gekke is hij moet dit keer op keer bewijzen. kijk nu weer eens met zijn 45 jaar in top shape en draait die jonge gasten gek.
Ja Rickson je bent me dr een.

Anonymous
01-05-2006, 08:47
die rickson :lol:
als hij openbaar was dan wist iedreen het. nu komt het zo nu en dan naar buiten.
rickson is een legende. geniet ervan zolang hij bestaat.

Remco
01-05-2006, 09:54
Paulo Filho was enorm indrukwekkend tegen Ninja, het lijkt er inderdaad op dat niemand hem gaat stoppen. Iemand als hij is een nachtmerrie voor een vechter als Chuck.