PDA

View Full Version : Interview Angela Parr

payap
03-05-2006, 11:15
bron : http://zine.infinitemma.com

http://www.infinitemma.com/theforum/gallery/albums/userpics/10034/AngieRamMuay.JPG

We know you should not ask a lady how old she is but we will anyway?

I am 27, but feel 21.

What's it like been the wife to JWP?

It is great when he is in the ring or training I am so proud of him and he is very inspirational, but a couple days before a fight he is very scary and I try not to talk to him too much.

Ok that out of the way

Why did you start training in Muay That and have you done any other styles?

I started training for self defense. Soon after I started I watched a kickboxing fight and I was convinced that I wanted to become a fighter. My first style was kickboxing and then a couple years later I moved to train with Thai trainers and train full Muay Thai in Las Vegas.

What are some of the gyms you trained at & what were they like to the one JWP & yourself run now?

I trained at a few but the two that stand out are the most successful, Master Toddy's Las Vegas and Boxing Club in San Diego USA. At Master Toddy's they focused on the art of Muay Thai and the Boxing Club focused on fitness. JWP and I combined the concept of the art of Muay Thai and Fitness so our gym can be open for everyone.

What does an average day of training consist of for you when preparing to fight?

I do a morning session of running and strength training and afternoons I do 30 minutes cardio warm up and then all the good stuff pads, bag, sparring, grappling, and sit ups.

http://www.infinitemma.com/theforum/gallery/albums/userpics/10034/P1010030.JPG

You have trained in Thailand can you tell us a little about your experiences there?

I have been to Thailand 4 times. Every time I went were for different reasons. 1st to fight so I only trained a few days at Jockey Gym. 2nd I went to support someone fighting in Thailand, I was a little out of shape so I had it easy and I trained at Galaxy Gym. 3rd I went to watch Wayne fight in S1 so I did not train at all. 4th I trained with Legend Sakmongkong. It was three weeks and was very hard cause I took my daughter, but I was prepared for my fight which I won. I have been lucky to go to different camps and have learned that every camp is strong and have different styles and I use them in my training and teaching today.

How many fights have you had and what is your record?

35 about 27 wins.

Who would you say has been your toughest opponent yet?

Germaine from Holland. She is strong like a man, and I don't think that is a bad thing.

If you could go back and fight one of your opponents again who would it be and why?

Germaine, I did not do enough sparring and I would like to fight 5 rounds with her.

Who is the person you would most like to fight and why?

No one special at the moment just want to fight starting regular again.

You have recently moved into a new gym, how are you finding the new location and facilities?

I love it. It has a good vibe and lots of good energy colors.

Do you find it difficult to train and run a gym with a young daughter? and is she kicking butt yet?

Yes, it is very hard. But I get bored if I am just teaching. My daughter is getting easier and I can train with out worry. I used to have to watch her every minute to make sure she is okay. Now I can hit the bag or pads and not have to keep her in the corner of my eye.

http://www.infinitemma.com/theforum/gallery/albums/userpics/10034/JWPVSANGIE.JPG

What or who most inspires you to keep fighting and training?

The thing that keeps me in it is the smell of the sweat, leather, and blood. I was born to be a fighter and I won't stop unless I got my ass kicked a bunch of times.

You are fighting in Toowoomba on 6th May against Shari Ranger, it is a rematch. can you tell us about the last fight and your thoughts on how this fight will go?

I hope I do well, I want to win of course but I want most of all to be impressive.

What does the future hold for Angela Parr? are you going to keep fighting and if so who is your next opponent after the May fights in Toowoomba?

I don't have another fight lined up, but would like to fight as much as I can this year. I would like to be a fighter again and get busy.

Who do you think is the best female fighter in the world today and why?

Germaine De Randamie. The woman is tough I had never been Ko'ed in 30+fights and I have never been Ko'ed in sparring and she knocked me out. She is undefeated.

Which up and coming girls do we need to keep and eye out for in the future in Australia?

Jessica from Black Dragons, she is very determined and really tough.

JWP & yourself put on AM JWP muay thai events would this ever lead into bigger show's?

I hope to do big promotions after we both finally call it quits.

What one piece of advise would you give to anyone wanting to be a fight?

Don't drop your hands.

If you could fight one famous person eg. boy band member, actress, politician, tv personalitywho would it be and why?

Tom Cruise because he is just annoying me at the moment. Sorry TomKat fans.

What do you enjoy doing outside of training and fighting?

I like eating, going to Amusement parks and going to Animal parks with my daughter and hubby.

Mighty Me
03-05-2006, 11:24
Leuke vrouw doet ze ook MMA

Anonymous
03-05-2006, 11:38
Germaine de Randamie is de wereld aan het veroveren.

Anonymous
03-05-2006, 11:46
Germaine de Randamie is de wereld aan het veroveren.

:lol: ""the most dangerous women of the world!!!"" ze zal lucia rijkers plaats snel innemen!!!

wie gaat germaine nog stoppen???

payap
03-05-2006, 11:50
Zou wel een rematch tussen deze 2 dames willen zien in Nederland.

Denk dat Germaine aardig door de voorraad kansmakende tegenstandster begint te raken. Ze is gewoon te goed voor de rest.

smike
04-05-2006, 00:57
Leuk interview en inderdaad Germaine is te vergelijken met Lucia Rijker, of Fedor :)