PDA

View Full Version : Comeback Bas Rutten in WFA?

Yamato Damashii
10-05-2006, 12:32
Artikeltje op MMAweekly.com
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2032&zoneid=2

Geen officiële berichten, maar wel interessant!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late Monday night, one professional fighter who wished to remain anonymous told MMAWeekly that the WFA has already started shooting publicity photos for their upcoming show, which is scheduled to take place in late June or early July.

The photos, according to this fighter, featured Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Lindland in the main event.

This would be big news, indeed, not only because it would confirm that Jackson has signed with the WFA, but also because many people thought that Lindland was going to be a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter 4 (which begins taping later this month). It now appears that is not the case.

MMAWeekly.com put calls into Lindland late Monday night, but could not reach him. Lindland did tell MMAWeekly.com months ago that he had signed a WFA contract, so this could fall under the contract that was orginially signed months ago.

In what would be an even bigger surprise, the same fighter told MMAWeekly.com that the WFA is working on trying to put together a fight that would turn heads in the MMA community. The potential match-up would be Bas Rutten vs. Kimo.

Rutten hasn't fought in MMA since UFC 20 in May of 1999 when he defeated Kevin Randleman by split decision to win the UFC Heavyweight Title. Kimo's last fight was in July 2005 at Pride Bushido 8, where he lost to Ikuhisa Minowa.

As far-fetched as it sounds, the fighter told MMAWeekly.com that he knew the WFA had already begun talks with Rutten and Kimo in an attempt to put together the fight.

Additionally, Ivan Salaverry has signed with the WFA and is getting a check-up from his doctor today. Upon being cleared, he will throw his hat in the ring once again and face King of the Cage veteran Art Santore.

Jason "Mayhem" Miller is another name that could spend time in the WFA and should make for some interesting match-ups.

We will have more on this story soon on MMAWeekly.com, your news leader in MMA.

Mike
10-05-2006, 12:35
wtf is wfa?

ik ken cr, kotc, ufc ,pride , , heroes ifl en nog wat andere kleinere organisaties maar wfa heb ik nog nooit van gehoord.

denk niet dat rutten ooit nog de ring en gaat en zo wel die zie ik hem liever tegen Rickson of Royce in pride vechten.

Silat
10-05-2006, 13:01
World Fighting Alliance of was het nou "Association"

Jochem
10-05-2006, 13:11
als bas rutten een comeback gaat maken, zou hij denk ik eerst beginnen in een wat kleinere show. hij heeft tenslotte veel te verliezen als ie meteen in pride stapt

TheSkindo
10-05-2006, 13:19
Ik denk dat tie het voor het geld doet en dat een nieuwe carriere 'm niet echt veel kan schelen. Maarre.....weltrusten Kimo....

Anonymous
11-05-2006, 10:44
battle of steroids.

Nickuraba
11-05-2006, 11:45
naja.....niet zo voorbarig met je conclusies guest...
We hebben het hier over Bas Rutten hoor

Anonymous
11-05-2006, 11:49
hmmm een vraagje bas rutten
trainde tog bop sapp the beast ??
of heb ik het fout

Anonymous
11-05-2006, 12:06
hij hielp alleen bij het spuiten van de anabolen :)

Mephisto
11-05-2006, 12:35

Rukker :?

Bas is pound for pound de beste MMA vechter die Nederland ooit heeft gehad

Anonymous
11-05-2006, 18:46
nou memphisto kun je een geintje niet waardeeren?

Anonymous
15-05-2006, 11:48

bedankt je dat me vraag hebt beantwoord :D

Mephisto
15-05-2006, 12:54
nou memphisto kun je een geintje niet waardeeren?

Als het guests betreft niet... en de waarheid mag toch gezegd worden, rukker?

Anonymous
15-05-2006, 13:41
kan me niet echt voorstellen dat bas aan de steroids zat.. vond hem nooit echt gespierd ofzo... goede vechter (met een slechte td defence tho :mrgreen: )

zou hem wel weer eens in actie willen zien..

chico

Anonymous
15-05-2006, 13:56
kan me niet echt voorstellen dat bas aan de steroids zat.. vond hem nooit echt gespierd ofzo... goede vechter (met een slechte td defence tho :mrgreen: )

zou hem wel weer eens in actie willen zien..

chico

Josh barnett was absoluut niet gespierd... maar wel aan de steroids... tja de enige die dat weet is hij natuurlijk.. maar zal me niks verbazen hoor, helemaal omdat ie ook veel prowrestling gedaan heeft en het dan best handig om wat 'groter' te zijn... maar ik weet het niet..

Ontopic... lijkt me leuk om bas te zien vechten.. netzoals eergister met Ramon Dekkers.. Laat het iig een mooie afscheids pot worden ofzo.. 8-) 8-) Bas is en blijft de fokkin man!!

italian

Silat
15-05-2006, 14:23
Bas kan beter de legende blijven.

Z'n leeftijd en tig blessures gaan een grote rol spelen tegen nieuwe jonge toppers.

Emilio
15-05-2006, 17:19
zou wel heel vet zijn zeg. Kunnen we toch eens kijken hoe Bas al die trucs van zn DVD's in de praktijk brengt ;)

Anonymous
15-05-2006, 18:21
heej memphisto zo goed? je moet es niet zo gestressed doen,of ben je echt zo ongelukkig met jezelf..

Anonymous
16-05-2006, 17:50
hmm geen zin in reactie dus..omdat je wel weet dat je fout zit...l....r

TheSkindo
17-05-2006, 00:43
of hij heeft net als mij genoeg van noobs en guests...

Mephisto
17-05-2006, 12:55
hmm geen zin in reactie dus..omdat je wel weet dat je fout zit...l....r

misschien ben ik niet zo een loser die 24/7 achter het internet zit, enne... (oh my god, wat haal ik me nu op de hals :lol: )

ik kan me niet voorstellen dat ik ooit wel eens fout zit trouwens, meestal gewoon met twee billen tegelijk op een stoel ofzo, je kunt eigenlijk ook niet veel fout doen

enne l....r staat zeker voor loser? heb je wel een puntje te veel weggezet... ......

Iwan
17-05-2006, 13:36
LMFAO 2 Mephisto!!!
Hahaha, ach ja sommige guests leven voor dat ene gloriemomentje dat per ongeluk iemand op hun post in gaat!
Als je toch iets lulligs te zeggen hebt doe het dan in ieder geval met open vizier en niet achter een guest account!

p diddy
17-05-2006, 15:46
ik hoop het beste voor hem!!!

Yamato Damashii
23-05-2006, 15:05
Het lijkt er steeds meer op dat Bas Rutten inderdaad zijn comeback gaat maken!! Check dit interview dat op MMAweekly staat:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight fans throughout the United States got the chance to witness the International Fight League (IFL) when it debuted to a national cable audience on Fox Sports Net over the weekend. The coach of the IFL's Anacondas, "El Guapo" Bas Rutten, recently spoke with MMAWeekly about the new mixed martial arts promotion and the possibility of his return to in-ring MMA competition.

The biggest question marks leading up to the IFL’s first show were how it would be received by the public, and how the team concept would go over with the public. Bas told MMAWeekly, "Those guys [the IFL promoters], they did everything that they promised, everything. They took care of the fighters. Everything was top notch, taken care of. The show was a great show. The team concept was really cool. You have five fights and if it’s a tie, you win two fights, the last guy who is going to win that, it’s not just a win. On top of that, he wins for the whole team, so there’s a lot of pressure on those guys. Maybe they’re behind like 1 to 2 or something, and then if it comes to the third one they could lose the whole thing right away, but if they can come back they’re still in the race, so it’s a real cool concept."

Further discussing the team concept, Rutten commented, "We were walking around there, and we were with, like with a group. They were all supporting each other. What you’re going to see is like the next fighter, he’s warming up behind stage... but the other three, plus the three coaches, we're all sitting on chairs behind the fighter, and everybody is screaming and cheering for those guys."

Elaborating on the dynamics of the team concept, Bas said, "Of course, if you come from one gym, like Pat Miletich has already a whole group of fighters that comes from the gym, but it’s not a team concept [in a typical MMA promotion]. Those guys have got their own sponsors. They’re kind of really fighting for themselves. They fight for Pat Miletich and for me, but now this is a real team [in the IFL]. Everybody has got outfits and jerseys. They’ve got everything the same. It gives it a whole different feeling. When you walk around there, like I said, everybody was like, it was like a big family. It was cool to see, really nice."

Regarding the TV presentation of the show and the management of the IFL, Rutten said, "You’re going to be amazed at the production. You’ve got to understand, the production people, the one guy did the Fox Super Bowl. It did like thirty Emmys. The production is top notch. Everything, it’s really good. Maurice Smith had a guy who got injured like five days before the fight, had a big cut above his eye, got a lot of stitches, came in and got his normal money paid. Everything that they promised, they did, and that’s why I think it’s going to take off, I think."

Mixed martial arts is undoubtedly a one-on-one sport. The team concept is a revolutionary format idea, but its downfall could be that some of the most exciting well-known fighters' teams could lose, which would result in the fans not getting to see those specific fighters as other teams advance. Rutten addressed this issue, saying, "The coolest thing about the IFL is... they bring guys back for super fights, like now on June 3rd, I don't fight as a team. I have three super fights. Okay? So, that is a one-on-one thing, but still they’re a part of a team, but it’s a one-on-one thing."

Bas Rutten is a legend in the sport, boasting a 27-4-1 record. Is the 41-year-old contemplating a return to the ring?

When asked about the recent rumors that he’s coming back, Bas responded, "I think I’m interested, but I’m just training. I have so many injuries. I started training with those guys, and my injuries started going away. Right away, everything started to blow up. Everybody starts making assumptions and everything, but I’m just going to wait and see what happens with my body. I’m training for what, three weeks? I haven’t trained in three years, and haven’t fought in seven. I’m just working my body, just like this morning, I trained. From there, I’m just going to see."

Rutten continued, "It’s been a long time, but you know what? I sparred the first day... it was a terrible sparring session. The second and third day, I started dropping people with liver shots all over the place, so it came back so fast. The only thing, I’ve got to start rolling now. It will be my first roll workout... the rest of it is just power training, strengthening my arms and everything, so I’ll be in good shape for it."

Rutten's last fight was against Kevin Randleman in May of 1999 at UFC 20: Battle for the Gold, where he won by decision to capture the UFC Heavyweight Title.

Put on the spot by MMAWeekly’s Ryan Bennett and asked if he wants to fight again, Rutten answered, "Yeah, the itch is definitely there. I’ve got the bruises. My foot is swollen, and everything is back... and you know what? To tell you the truth, man, I missed that. I feel like I’m alive again. It’s really cool. I feel really good."

Bennett followed up by asking, "Give me your percentage of Bas coming back to fight between now and the end of the year." Rutten responded, "I think there’s a clear chance, like 80 to 90 percent. That’s good. If I keep going like I do now, I see no problems."

Bas added, "Randy [Couture] doing it, in a way made me say, 'Man, come on, man.' We're both going to open a gym next month. We just got the keys and everything. I said, 'I’ve just got to come back.'"

If Rutten does return to MMA competition, which organization might be choose for his comeback fight? Bas provided a not-so-subtle hint when he said, "What about Pat Miletich fighting Renzo Gracie in August? They’re going to fight in the IFL, and so the coaches are going to fight each other, and God knows, there are going to be four new coaches coming, and maybe I’m going to be fighting one of the other coaches."

It certainly sounds as if Bas Rutten will be making a return to MMA competition, and we'll keep you posted on his future plans as more details emerge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2108&zoneid=13

Mike
23-05-2006, 15:09
Bennett followed up by asking, "Give me your percentage of Bas coming back to fight between now and the end of the year." Rutten responded, "I think there’s a clear chance, like 80 to 90 percent. That’s good. If I keep going like I do now, I see no problems."

8-) echt vet dit !!!

Ik kan niet wachten