PDA

View Full Version : interview over justin barnes van het engles british boxing

Anonymous
23-05-2006, 03:43
Britishboxing.net pride ourselves on covering ALL British fights so it was a nice surprise to hear from a young English boxer who's been making a name for himself as a successful amateur over in Holland.

Justin Barnes originally began his fight career on Merseyside and had 10 fights, 8 of which were wins, before moving abroad and continuing his amateur education in the Netherlands. And some education it has turned out to be!

Twice Vice Dutch amateur champion in 2001 and 2002, he has won more than his fair share of titles, including a Gold in the Hillirod Box Cup in Denmark in 2004 and now he is setting his sights on the professional ranks.

He makes his debut in Amersfoort on the 17th June against Miroslav Vilysmichy and is already looking at making a name for himself. It's always a good gauge of talent when a fighter can start his pro career with a good backing and it seems a lot of people have faith in Justin. Let's hope that he can make a name for himself and we can look forward to seeing him fight back home in England.

We managed to catch up with Justin this week and posed a few questions for him regarding his career, ambitions and on life as a boxer.

Q. You had a good amateur career, what would you say was your proudest moment? A. Winning the vice Dutch championships.

Q. So far in your career, who is the toughest fighter you have faced in the ring? A. An amateur called Per nielsen from Denmark - it was atough points loss but it was a four-round non-stop war.

Q. Was it a hard to decision to turn professional or do you feel you had achieved everything you could in the amateurs? A. Yes it was hard but with the chance to become full time pro and earn the same money from sponsorship is an offer you just don't let go.

Q. Do you aspire to fight in the UK and do you think the standard in britain compares to Europe? A. I would love to box in Liverpool's Everton Park, that was a dream since I was 13 watching the likes of Shea Neary who was and still is my hero.

Q. How did you first start boxing and what are you earliest boxing memories? When did you know you had the ability to make a go of it? A. I started boxing when I was 13 I think I lost my first four fights then just like they say win, win then you win them all, I started boxing because I loved the drive and the discipline that your trainer gives you, and beside that i was crap at football lol.

Q. Who are your favourite fighters, idols in the sport? A. Shea Neary former WBU world champion, he is a great guy and had a heart of a lion in all his fights.

Q. What is the toughest part of being a fighter? A. Keeping to weight, I'm 5'10 and 11 1/2 stone and its hard to avoid going to the fish and chip shop in Amsterdam!

Q. Do you have any unique training regimes etc? A. All training is unique if done properly but I get up for a 10 mile run at 6am then at 12 'til 13 I'm in the gym doing some weights and then 19:00 'til 20:30 I'm in the gym sparring, doing the bag and padwork with my trainer.

Q. How far do you see your self progressing? What are your immediate ambitions and what would you like to achieve long term? A. I'm looking forward to my first pro fight as this is the test its make or break but my dream would be a British title of course.

Q. Which fighters do you have in your sights for the near future? A. I will be boxing Miroslav Vymislicky from the Czech Republic but after that I hope to be able to fight a fight in the UK against some tough opposition.

Q. Who/what motivates you? A. My trainer Dave van Dijen as he gives me so much time and energy he is great to work with and just being able to say that im a pro boxer motivates me. I want to prove to myself and others that I have earned the right to be able to call myself a pro boxer.

Q. Do you want to win titles in Europe or can you see yourself aiming for a british title? A. First the Dutch title then the British if that happens then I think I will be the only boxer with two titles from two different countries, Holland and England.

Q. Do you have any pre-fight superstitions/habits? A. Before a fight I like to rest and focus on the fight with some good R&B music.

Q. For those that haven't seen much of you, how would you describe your style and technique? A. My style is very different to an English style. Let me explain. Every country has a different style. The US are very ‘peek a boo' and ‘swingy', the English are mostly pub brawlers with a good guard and Germans are mostly counter boxers with a lot of luck I just try to work out a way of getting round my opponent so I always box different.

Q. What hobbies do you have outside of boxing? A. Boxing is my life but i watch a lot of films.

Q. What do you love/hate most about being a fighter? A. Not being able to go to the pub for a pint! Damn I hate my trainer lol.

Q. What message would you like to give to the British fans, fighters and media about yourself? What can we expect from you? A. I hope if they here about me in the future that they see me as a boxer from England that lives in Holland. I've turned pro with Wim Jaap Koelewijn a kickboxing/boxing manager and I train three times a day with Dave van Dijen so im am full time pro. I'm sponsored by Amigo a local company that sells designer shoes like Diesel etc. I hope to achieve the Benelux title then we will see how it goes from there.

I mean, you here all the time about boxers going pro and shouting out im going to be the next Mike Tyson but I don't see it like that I want to take it slowly and step by step. I'm 24 years old and still have plenty of time so i don't want to jump in at the deep end. I still have my British passport so I would like to come and box in England as much as I can because it's a whole different ball game in England the crowd is better and I would like it for my family to be able to see me box.

Anonymous
23-05-2006, 20:40
die jongen die justin heet is volgens mij niet verder gekomen dan de c klassers bij de amateurs in nederland en die is nu prof geworden??? :o :shock: :x

Anonymous
24-05-2006, 01:38
die jongen die justin heet is volgens mij niet verder gekomen dan de c klassers bij de amateurs in nederland en die is nu prof geworden??? :o :shock: :x

Nee ik was B klasse en kom 17 juni kijken ik laat je graag zien dat ik thuis bent bij het profs......

Marco
24-05-2006, 12:02
Succes Justin !

Anonymous
24-05-2006, 13:39
Succes Justin !

Thanks man komt goed..... :P

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 01:27
tegen iemand waar je al 3 keer tegen heb gebokst, je hebt die tsjach al 3 keer ingemaakt, 3 wedstrijde achter elkaar tegen hem winnen dit wordt je 4e, vind je dat niet een beetje raar? wil je niet tegen andere vechten ofzo? want je hebt toch wel bewezen dat je beter bent dan die tsjech?

ik weet toch wel dat je nu weer wint.

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 13:09
tegen iemand waar je al 3 keer tegen heb gebokst, je hebt die tsjach al 3 keer ingemaakt, 3 wedstrijde achter elkaar tegen hem winnen dit wordt je 4e, vind je dat niet een beetje raar? wil je niet tegen andere vechten ofzo? want je hebt toch wel bewezen dat je beter bent dan die tsjech?

ik weet toch wel dat je nu weer wint.

Ik heb 2 keer tegen hem gebokst als amature nu ga ik tegen hem als prof, en ik wil geen risicos neemem voor mij prof debuut in Amersfoort dus daarom laat we hem kommen.als amature ging het de vol 4x2 maar deze keer gaat hij eruit.... die tsjech isgeen slecht jongen met 6 prof wedstrijden al achter de rug dus dit wordt wel en test en daar na komt de andere.

maar thanx martin voor de tip.

Halfshot
01-06-2006, 13:47
Lijk me een goede zet.
Met een beetje mazzel ben je binnen 2 tegenstanders wereldkampioen.

succes

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 14:48
Ik ben met justin eens,
Hij moet nu 4 x 3 ipv 4 x 2 en dit wordt gewoon een test of hij dat kan doen en te kijken waar die nu is met die verandering van amature naar prof,

Zet hem op justin. suc6 :P
Tuur.

Halfshot
01-06-2006, 15:45
Iets zeg me dat justin dezelfde persoon als tuur is :?

amature
Zo niet dan hebben ze op dezelfde basisschool gezeten.

Jochem
01-06-2006, 16:15
tja, boxwereld is wel iets anders als thaiboxen e.d. 1 of 2 losses in het begin van je carriere en je wordt al afgeschreven. Kan Justin ook weinig aan doen, dus lijkt me verstandig om ff op safe te spelen. Vooral in america heb je gasten met een record van 10-0, en die lui hebben nog nooit tegen een boxer gestaan die echt wat betekent

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 18:36

Nee ik was B klasse en kom 17 juni kijken ik laat je graag zien dat ik thuis bent bij het profs......

Ik heb even op Boksen.nl gekeken en daar kan je de wedstrijduitslagen bekijken vanaf 2000 en daar blijkt dat Dhr Barnes niet verder is gekomen als de c-klasse en deze afsloot door KO geslagen te worden door Fadia Koria in Nieuwegein,
Deze vent is een dagdromer blijkt wel weer!!!

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 18:49

Ik heb even op Boksen.nl gekeken en daar kan je de wedstrijduitslagen bekijken vanaf 2000 en daar blijkt dat Dhr Barnes niet verder is gekomen als de c-klasse en deze afsloot door KO geslagen te worden door Fadia Koria in Nieuwegein,
Deze vent is een dagdromer blijkt wel weer!!!

Ja jij heb gelijk met de KO van koria maar ik kon maar 1 keer in de week trainen ivm mijn werk in het buitenland, maar nu train ik 3 x per dag 6 dagen per week.maar waarom zit jij je naam niet erbij??? je bent goed in opmerking geven maar zou graag willen weeten wie jij bent. En denk jij dat het wedstrijduitslagen up to date is????? tuulijk niet. ik heb het slecht gehad bij het amateurs die laaste par jaaren daarom ben ik blij dat ik met een nieuwe begin bij het profs mag beginnen. moet je maar 17 kommen kijken.