PDA

View Full Version : Words from Bas about the fight.

Anonymous
25-07-2006, 09:17
The fight itself through my brain

The game plan was to see if I could KO him, if that wouldn’t work, because we know he had a strong chin, I would see if I could “chop down his legs� and if that didn’t work I would go for a takedown and a submission, but later in the fight when he would get tired.

I trained for 7 rounds of 6 minutes, so I was not going to get tired; the things I did in training were insane, so I knew that I was always going to have more stamina. More than Kimo, Tank, Wes and Warpath, that was the order from the fighters that I was going to face.

Straight punches was also the game plan, since he has a longer reach than I have. For the people who though I had my hands to low, that was also part of my game plan, you hear my corner saying the same thing to me during the fight, and I motion them that it’s OK. I did this because my right rib had popped out a week before in training and I wasn’t allowed to numb it up with an injection in the dressing room.

This way, with my hands low, he would only hit for my head and not my body, also, I saw that his punches were “looping� so if I would go backwards his hands would be down after a punch and I could capitalize on that.

When I realized that he had a good chin, and trust me, you will see that I didn’t hit one punch on just his head, I really aim for his jaw, and since they all where right on his jaw, I knew he had a great chin, time for plan 2, I started to low kick him.

Also, I always listen to what HIS corner is saying, I heard them saying that I was “one dimensional� with my punches (which was true because I wanted to give only straights), that was the moment that I gave him a left hook/right straight, see? You can use that against him. I had the same in my Kohsaka fight, Maurice Smith told TK that I was going to high kick him (which was true) that’s why I changed it into a right straight, worked like a charm.

The first low kick had good impact, the second also, and the third, while I was backing up, was very good, I hit him with the shin part right underneath my knee (which is the best) after that I saw him limping, so that’s where the last one came, I should have stepped that one in deeper because he moved backwards and I hit him with the part just underneath my toes, not good but it closed the deal.

It was a great nigh for me; I fell really good and relaxed. I am happy that Warpath stepped up the last minute so I had a fight, too bad it wasn’t Kimo, I was going to show off my takedown defense, I couldn’t do that right now.

Oh, and when I said that I wanted to fight Fedor at the press conference, I said first that I didn’t want to fight him because he’s so good, THAN I said, you know what? I would like to fight him, but just to see if I can survive him the whole fight. ( I know how good he is and I am a natural light heavyweight)

When they asked my where I saw myself ranked, I told them that I hoped (HOPED) I was on the top 10 list, because knowing that there are 6.000.000.000 people on the planet that would be pretty unbelievable.

What I am trying to say is that I know that I need some more training to fight the top guys, but I am good on my way, there was no “ring rust� at all and the stamina was there.

Thanks for all the support, I will get some things done to my body and hopefully you see me again!

Best wishes,
Bas

Kaoklai
25-07-2006, 09:46
Bas vs Cyborg of Bas vs Rampage zou een vette partij zijn!!

remco pardoel
25-07-2006, 10:03
Klinkt als een mooi gevecht in Rotterdam
Bas vs Cyborg

Anonymous
25-07-2006, 10:46
Bas vs Cyborg of Bas vs Rampage zou een vette partij zijn!!

Klopt, maar Bas vs Rampage zal never nooit gebeuren... Bas en Quinton zijn daar te goed bevriend voor...

Mike
25-07-2006, 11:47
top interview

hij let echt op veel shit in de ring. Slim en strategisch gevochten

The Bulldog
26-07-2006, 15:01
en benieuwd in hoeverre hij van plan is zich terug te knokken in de aktuele top ..

in ieder geval te gek dat hij er voor gaat en er dus eigenlijk een beetje lak aan heeft dat hij zijn "legend"status op het spel zet..

Mike
26-07-2006, 15:31
ik hoop dat hij binnekort tegen Ken Shamrock, Randleman, Sakuraba, Tank of Kimo komt te staan. Tegen Chuck lijkt me ook een vette partij maar das waarschijnlijk nog te snel. En tis jammer dat TK net gestopt is want dat was ook zeker een leuke rematch geweest.

hoop dat WFA wat mooie tegenstanders uitzoekt voor El Guapo, vind t top dat hij weer vecht!

Chico
26-07-2006, 19:07
Also, I always listen to what HIS corner is saying, I heard them saying that I was “one dimensional� with my punches (which was true because I wanted to give only straights), that was the moment that I gave him a left hook/right straight, see? You can use that against him. I had the same in my Kohsaka fight, Maurice Smith told TK that I was going to high kick him (which was true) that’s why I changed it into a right straight, worked like a charm.
moet zeggen dat ik dit wel een geniaal stukje vond :mrgreen:

leuk interview... hoop dat ie nog een aantal partijen draait.. zoals iemand al eerder zei.. hij was al lang en breed gestopt voordat ik geinterreseerd raakte in mma... is leuk om een (nederlandse) legende weer bezig te zien :mrgreen: