PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop terug in de gp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makavelli
07-08-2006, 22:45
Preventing an Absolute Disaster

After two exciting events, this year’s Pride Absolute Grand Prix has produced two stellar final four match-ups. Brazilian Top Team’s Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will meet former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett while the current Pride middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva will face Mirko “CroCop� Filipovic. Anticipation for Pride Final Conflict Absolute is high as the match-ups are an MMA fan’s dream.

Dream Stage Entertainment, the parent company of Pride Fighting Championships, is looking to rebound from recent setbacks with a successful show. The most intriguing match-up of the event is arguably the rematch between Wanderlei Silva and Mirko “CroCop� Filipovic. The two fighters met at Pride 20 and fought to a draw under special rules. The majority of the MMA community agreed that Silva would have won a decision had they fought under normal rules.

Recently, Mirko told two Croatian newspapers, Jutarji List and Vecernji List, that he would not be participating in the last part of the Absolute Grand Prix. Apparently, Mirko’s decision to not participate stemmed from a dispute regarding his pay. According to the newspapers, Mirko stated that “We couldn’t make a deal. They said I’m too expensive for them but I just want to be paid for the risk. I’m very sorry for my fans but I won’t give up on my principles.�

But now the crisis is over and the Croatian star was able to come to an agreement with Pride DSE and is fighting in the Open Weight GP in September according to Vecernji List. If DSE was unable to secure Mirko’s participation in the final four, a potentially historic event could have taken a disastrous turn for the worse. In addition, the newspaper reported that “CroCop� received a substantial offer to fight for the recently resurrected World Fighting Alliance. Mirko is one of Pride’s main stars and his absence would have been a huge loss to the organization. Pride DSE felt that it was in their best interest to come to a compromise with the former K-1 kick boxer and now the fans will be able to see Cro Cop in the conclusion of the highly anticipated tournament

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2463&zoneid=13

Yes!!!!!!!!
Ik wist het wel hij heeft pride op deze manier gewoon flink onder druk gezet om meer geld te vangen

Jani
07-08-2006, 23:01
superrrrr :!: ik heb gelijk me topic over wie ze vervanger zal zijn weg gehaalt :D

Arjan
07-08-2006, 23:48
Supernieuws... dit was denk ik ook het gevecht waar de meeste op zaten te wachten die kun je niet zomaar schrappen.. ;)

Silat
07-08-2006, 23:53
mooi zo

Arjan
07-08-2006, 23:56
Mirko stated that “We couldn’t make a deal. They said I’m too expensive for them but I just want to be paid for the risk. I’m very sorry for my fans but I won’t give up on my principles.�

Kan hem ook geen ongelijk geven...

j0ker
08-08-2006, 00:23
nope , hij had gewoon groot gelijk . :!:

Virus
08-08-2006, 02:29
Ik denk dat Mirko toch gewoon zal vechten en dat Crocop en Pride er wel uitkomen samen...

Toch ook logisch... 8-)

Kato
08-08-2006, 11:30
Maar vragen jullie je dan nooit af om welke bedragen het gaat?

Want wat zou bv. Allistair verdienen per pot?
Kijk bij de UFC krijg je die info nog wel eens maar bij Pride ben ik dat nog nooit tegen gekomen, alleen maar als winnaar van een toernooi, maar je krijgt tijdens dat toernooi toch ook nog per partij betaald?

Emilio
08-08-2006, 13:07
Mja best hoge bedragen. Crop cop wilde niet 2 partijen draaien voor 150000 dollar.

remco pardoel
08-08-2006, 13:08
Het is een leuke oude dag voorziening
zullen we het daar op houden...
:-)

Evilman
08-08-2006, 13:26
Ik las ooit ergens dat Fedor 200.000 per partij ontvangt

Nopain
08-08-2006, 14:32
bij fedor ligt het geloof ik rond de 5 ton hoor

Nickuraba
08-08-2006, 15:27
dit zeiden de personen uit zijn team:

Source: Nokaut, Croatian MMA Site
http://forum.nokaut.com/viewtopic.php?t=7953&start=750

"Mirko is very serious about this ad he's about to skip the finals. I know that we all will be dissapointed if Mirko won't fight at the finals, but he has every right to leave PRIDE. PRIDE is offering only $150.000 as a winning bonus for the GP winner, which is really a low bonus. Furthermore, if Mirko beats Wandy and losses in the finals he'll get paid only for a fight vs Wandy, which will be a far lower purse then a usual one as PRIDE has different criteria regarding fighter purses in the GP. Basically, for 2 very strong fights Mirko would get less money then he would get in a single superfight.

You think that he should fight no matter of the money? Well I don't think so. It's his job to fight and he should be getting paid for the job. Every fight is a big risk and no one fights for free. Do you really think that other fighters are fighting just for the fans and Mirko doesn't? Mirko feels very bad about dissapointing his fans, but he's the man of the principles and he won't let PRIDE to treat him like this.

I got tons of emails and messages and I am not able to answer them all so please accept my apologies. This news is a huge blast to all MMA fans and Croatian MMA fans especially.
Now PRIDE is on the move. If they care about their show and if they respect Mirko like they should, they will bring Mirko back. In my opinion PRIDE can't have this GP without Mirko, if they want this show to deliver a true champion"

I think this arguments can contribute the current discussion. I still hope that Pride and Mirko will find a gentleman greement and that we will see him in OWGP Finals in Tokio.