PDA

View Full Version : S-1 results 2-9-2006!

Justinian
03-09-2006, 09:46
Van axkickboxing

http://www.sitpholek.com/fotos%20homepage%201/S-1%20Poster%20Sponsors.jpg

It was a great show, best card I've seen in ages. Well done to Scotty Thompson, congratulations. Good venue, pretty good crowd turn out.

Shane Chapman beat Mot Eck, UPD. Chopper was too big, put a nice 8 count on him through body punches.

Warren Elson beat Aaron Dixon, UPD. Warren Scored a flash knock down in the first with a punch. He dominated the fight using his height and pretty much constantly going forward. Aaron landed some nice straight hands but Warrens height was a deciding factor

Wanlop beat Simon Chmaberlin UPD. I thought Spike was awesome, used the ring well, workign nice uppercuts and leg kicks against a very aggresive Wanlop. I might be biased becuase I'm freinds and train with Spike but I thought he did enough to sneak at least a draw. The Judges saw it differently however, one scoring 29-29, the others 29-28 and 30-27 to Wanlop.

Hamid beat Shane Cornish 3rd RD KO. Shane Cornish is as tough as they come. Despite the punishment he absorbed he kept on coming. Hamid dropped him in the first, twice in the second I think, and put him away in the 3rd with a solid knee. Hamid battered the body, scored a nice 8 count with a jumping downwards elbow, knees to the head, I forget what else. Shane was game as, kept on coming forward and landed some nice shots of his own though, but Hamid was too experienced and powerful.

Shane Champan beat Warren Elson, UPD. Not much in this fight, but Choppa definatly did enough to win.

Wanlop beat Hamid 4th round extra time decision. Controversial win to Wanlop as Hamid was announced the winner after the extension round but then the decison was reversed after both fighters had left the ring due to an error in judging or something.

Choppa ko win over Wanlop in the final. Choppa landed a sweet left hook right on the button putting Wanlop down and out.

Superfights and Undercard.

Aaron Boyes beat Leonard Sithoplek points.
Steve Anderson beat Gordon Pye, TKO
Sone Vanathey beat Sefa Fue UPD
Andy Donaldson beat his opponent UPD.

Great fight night. Only criticisim was one of the undercard fighters tested positive for Hep C and was still allowed to compete. It seemed pretty irresponsible to me, given that Hep C is seriously debilitating illness with potentialy lifelong consequences. I think the sanctiong body should seriously consider examining this and consider banning any fighter with a serious contagious disease from competeing.It's not worth the risk as one fighter can infect trainers, training partners, any member of the crowd splashed with blood (it happens), not to mention their opponent. Just my humble opinion.

Congratulaions to all who fought on the night, truely, everyone who got in tonight was awesome and it's a shame there is a winner and loser.

Justinian
03-09-2006, 10:03
Wanlop zoals verwacht in de finale. Op de foto hieronder zie je Wanlop rechts in goudkleurig broekje en hier zit een klein verhaaltje aan vast. Wanlop heeft speciaal voor dit gala 3 broekjes besteld; als ik me niet vergis een rood-, blauw- en goudkleurig broekje. Het rode broekje voor de eerste partij. Mocht hij deze winnen dan het blauwe broekje voor de tweede partij en mocht hij zich naar de finale vechten dan een goudkleurig broekje. De broekjes wilde hij aldaar verloten voor een goed doel. Topactie van een geweldige vechter!

http://message.axkickboxing.com/images/user_uploaded/Boa%20Rogue/final1.JPG

Voorafgaand aan de finale schijnt er nog het een en ander te hebben plaats gevonden tussen het Sitpholek kamp en Prince Hamid. Volgens de verhalen kwam Prince Hamid op Wanlop afgestormd terwijl deze zich aan het voorbereiden was voor de finale. Hamid sloeg Wanlop hierbij met een icepack op z'n hoofd. Wanlop werd kennelijk goed geraakt want hij liep hierbij een zwelling op. Hoe dan ook de manager van Wanlop, Frank, heeft Hamid vervolgens verwijderd, althans dit is het verhaal dat ook op axkickboxing te vinden is. Het is geschreven door iemand die hier achteraf met Frank over heeft gepraat.
Een ander zegt trouwens het volgende over Wanlop in de finale, wellicht dat het met bovenstaande te maken heeft?
"I really felt for wanlop going into that last fight-he looked half koed just climbing the ropes to fight choppa,didnt look like he felt very good at all."

Silat
03-09-2006, 12:44
LOL een zwelling van een icepack :lol:

Nou ik ben benieuwd naar de beelden.

Highline
03-09-2006, 13:26
Choppa is toch gewoon shane michael chapman?

Justinian
03-09-2006, 13:31
Choppa is toch gewoon shane michael chapman?
Dacht het wel ja.

sitpholek
05-09-2006, 23:19
Hallo everybody,

Here the report what happen on the S1 tournement.
How Frank Sitpholek have seen the fights and what he have seen happen.

First the fight with Hamid. After 3 rounds the judges gave the fight a draw. What I really did not understand because the fights where Muaythai rules and Wanlop won the clinch big and Hamid
did many fancy things as spinningback kicks and hax kicks etc. without making clear points.
So Wanlop manly counter and made the pionts. But OK an extra round. Wanlop in a higher tempo
to be sure to win the round. What in my eyes also happen. And than the judges (ring speaker) gave it to Hamid. I was very suprised so went to the judges and asked if I could see the scoring cards what they also showed me. On the scoringcards was clearly written 2 times the name Wanlop as winner and 1 time the name Hamid, but the judges mix up the colour of the corners and wrote the names in the colour corner. On the program Wanlop must fight in the red corner and Hamid in the Blue corner but Wanlop was in the Blue corner and Hamid was in the red corner.

The promoter Scotty had the scorings card in his hand and seen the same mistake. He did go direct in the ring and chanced the result how it suppose to be.

When Wanlop and me where walking back to the changing room someone throw some fighting boxing gloves to me and Wanlop. I could not seen who did that.

Up to Leoanard because he was the next fight. I made his corner work. Unlucky leonard
broke hist thumb (2 places broken and he is still in NZ and had yesterday an operation for 2 hours on his thump. Like to thank Mariam and Dion Crounch from Zero Tolerance for to look after him ) He broke his thump in the second round and wanted to stop because off the pain. I spoke with him make your points and not take any risk if possible and he did what I said. So he manly was scoring in the counter (Muaythai style points) and won the clinch big even with a broken thumb.
After the last round I said to him nice win and run to wanlop because he must fight the next fight.
I heard a few hours after the show that Leonard have lost the fight. I was suprised.

After seen some more results is that the most NZ judges only like fighters who are going forwards fighting with or without scoring clean points(or clean muaythai points) will win. But Ok when that is the rule in NZ we must fight by this rules.

So back to the fights. After I left Leonard in the ring I went to Wanlop who was waiting to enter the ring and fight the final round. He looked good and was pumped up and ready to fight.
Than Hamid came around the corner half running and attacking Wanlop from behind. he made a big swing with his arm and he had something silver colour around his knuckle (I heard later it was a Ice press ) At that moment I puched Wanlop by site but I was to late and Hamid hit Wanlop on the back off his head just behind the back of his right ear. Wanlop did not know what happen and run in to the hall. Hamid stapped back and someone taked him away. So I could go to Wanlop. He felt dizzy he wanted to sit down. After Wanlop was sitting down he still did not know what was happen and said only he has a pain behind of his head and felt dizzy. I run to the promoter to tell what happen. Doctor came to check Wanlop after 10-20 min Wanlop felt better.
Wanlop did not had the feeling to fight again but as a real sportsman he made the fight even his concentration was gone. He did not want to disapoint the people who where waiting for the big final. between Him and Choppa. As many now people know the result Ko win by Choppa. (I was scare that something like this would happen because the focus from wanlop was gone and Choppa is a good fighter that you can not make mistakes).

Frank sitpholek
[email protected]
http://www.sitpholek.com