PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Woods vs Glen Johnson 3 *Spoiler*

Ronald
04-09-2006, 10:08
Afgelopen weekend was de bokspartij Clinton Woods vs Glen Johnson om de IBF light heavyweight title. Beide boksers hadden al 2 keer eerder tegen elkaar gestaan (1x draw, 1 maal winst voor Johnson). Wat een fantastische partij was dat. Normaal gesproken kunnen 12 ronden nog wel eens wat lang duren, maar dit was 12 ronden lang een en al actie. Enige minpuntje is dat Woods uiteindelijk won op split descision. Zelf dacht ik dat dat omgekeerd was, maar ja...

Voor wie de partij ook wil zien zal ik 'm straks even in het Multi Media Forum zetten.

Edit: hier (http://www.mixfight.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=364402#364402) staat ie

http://www.itv-boxing.com/Images/74222.jpg

Maupie
04-09-2006, 22:02
thanks ronald

Makijs
05-09-2006, 07:13
Hele mooie partij. Ben benieuwd of Woods vs Calzaghe er nu van komt.

Ronald
05-09-2006, 07:43
Hele mooie partij. Ben benieuwd of Woods vs Calzaghe er nu van komt.
Zou leuk zijn :D .

Makijs
05-09-2006, 08:47
't Gaat in ieder geval nog wel ff duren:

Calzaghe puts Woods on backburner
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/5314020.stm
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42049000/jpg/_42049424_calzaghe203.jpgCalzaghe is still undefeated in 41 fights
Joe Calzaghe says he will not allow talk of a British showdown with Clinton Woods to distract him from the defence of his super middleweight titles. Calzaghe will defend his WBO and IBF belts against Cameroon's Sakio Bika in Manchester's MEN Arena on 14 October. But Calzaghe said negotiations for a fight with IBF light heavyweight champ Woods have already begun.

"Although the talk is of a fight with Woods or fights next year, I can't take my eyes off the ball," Calzaghe said. "This guy is going to come to win and if I'm not prepared then that's a danger for me. I've not actually seen him fight yet but from what I understand he was a good amateur, boxed in the Olympics and now bases himself in Australia. He's only lost once, and that was on a close decision four years ago, and since then he's gone undefeated.

The only memory they have of Clinton Woods in America is of him getting beat by Roy Jones Joe Calzaghe

"He boxed Marcus Beyer (the WBC super middleweight champion) in his last fight and was unlucky it got ruled a no-contest because of a cut as he was beating Beyer."

The 34-year-old Welshman said that Woods deserved to shade his split-decision over Glen Johnson in Bolton on Saturday night . But while welcoming a British showdown with Sheffield man Woods, Calzaghe maintained he would rather face Johnson.
"When I was watching the fight live I thought that Clinton probably did edge it," Calzaghe added. "But Johnson would have been a bigger fight in America, a bigger pay-day for me. He knocked-out Roy Jones and beat Antonio Tarver, it would have been a lot more credit for me to beat Glen Johnson. The only memory they have of Clinton Woods in America is of him getting beat by Roy Jones, so a fight with Woods would be harder to sell. But Frank is speaking with Woods' guys and it would be great for me if I get the fight, we'll have to wait and see."

The Maniac
05-09-2006, 12:07
Sakio Bika is niet echt een caliber van een Johnson of een Woods the big bucks ligt toch met een gevecht met Kessler of met een Jones jr of een Tarver. Zou ook een betere uitdaging zijn voor Calzaghe. Ik geef Bika ook weinig kans tegen Calzaghe

Makijs
05-09-2006, 12:28
Mee eens. Tarver vs Calzaghe en Kessler vs. Woods. Daarna de winnaars tegen elkaar en je hebt eindelijk weer een undisputed champ in dat gewicht.

The Maniac
05-09-2006, 12:45
Kessler vs Calzaghe eerst voor de undisputed Super middleweight title en dan Tarver vs Woods for the light heavyweight title en dan de supermiddleweight champ vs the light heavyweight champ op 170 pond gewichtslimiet zou eerlijk zijn voor beide vechters

Makijs
05-09-2006, 12:46
Nog mooier :lol:

Ronald
05-09-2006, 22:14
Woods zou dus gewoon nog wat mensen met naam moeten verslaan om in aanmerking te komen voor een partij tegen Calzaghe. Bijvoorbeeld een rematch tegen Jones of een partij tegen Tarver.