PDA

View Full Version : Alistair's partij 10-09-2006 *spoiler*

andrewsgym
10-09-2006, 17:11
Naar eigen zeggen had Alistair na die harde lowkick tegen het kuitbeen van Arona een zenuwpijn in het hele been waardoor zijn hele been niet meer functioneerde, een uitval dus.Hij vertelde mij dat zijn hele been het gewoon niet meer deed. Dit herstelde tijdens het grondgevecht niet dus kon hij het gevecht niet voortzetten tegen iemand van het niveau als Arona. Alistair was hierdoor geschrokken en is nu erg teleurgesteld. Dit ter info voor alle fans.

ashi76
10-09-2006, 17:18
Bedankt voor de info, maar er zijn mensen die de uitslagen nog niet willen weten voordat ze de beelden hebben gezien.

Ik heb de titel even aangepast.

makavelli
10-09-2006, 17:34
Damn het zit hem de laatste tijd niet mee
Ik denk dat hij beter ff wat langer rust kan nemen tussen steeds van die zware partijen!

micha
10-09-2006, 18:15
zonde man maar ja dit kan de beste gebeuren

m.g
10-09-2006, 18:28
http://www.prideofficial.com/free/result/img/photo_fs/1157885500.jpg

http://www.prideofficial.com/free/result/img/photo_fs/1157885510.jpg

http://www.prideofficial.com/free/result/img/photo_fs/1157885514.jpg

http://www.prideofficial.com/free/result/img/photo_fs/1157885518.jpg

RNLMC
10-09-2006, 19:11
hij blijft onze held

The_Rock
10-09-2006, 19:33
hij blijft onze held

Dat is de bedoeling

Iedereen maakt een slechte tijd in zijn carriere mee....en wij zijn er om hem te suporten hoe het ook gaat

Ronald
10-09-2006, 20:16
Erg jammer gewoon. Ik had 'm graag zien winnen. Ging ook heel vreemd met die trap.

Silat
10-09-2006, 20:30
Shit man, ben er goed ziek van.

inc
10-09-2006, 20:38
damn na de eerste slagen wisselingen waar ali* zeker pijn uitdeelde dacht is....sow... dit kan leuk worden.... ik schorl echt toen hij door zijn knie heen zakte.... echt matig!. happens 2 the best

Ton
10-09-2006, 23:38
Shit man, ben er goed ziek van.

Damn echt balen ja! Mn toetsenbord heeft aardig wat klappen moeten incasseren!

Ook is het kut dat het weer een wat rare opgave was. Las na Alistairs laatste gevecht die hij verloor door opgave/handoek in ring, veel brasiliaanse verhalen die absoluut niet door hadden waarom de handoek werd gegooit... Dit was weer zoiets, wij horen de inside info maar anderen niet. Hoop niet dat het Alistairs repuatie omlaag haald!

ashi76
11-09-2006, 00:36
Echt zonde.
Bijkomend nadeel is dat hij zich nu waarschijnlijk weer omhoog zal moeten knokken voordat hij weer tegen gasten als Arona mag vechten.
Ik had echt veel van deze partij verwacht, maarja.... je doet er niets aan als je tegen zo'n blessure aanloopt.

Renzokid
11-09-2006, 01:25
Hi guys I can't write dutch but am interested in following Dutch fighters. Aliastair seems to be on a very bad run since he changed camps. Where as his old team mate Melvin Maenhoff is doing really well. Perhaps Aliastair needs to think about the training he's getting and whether he is getting the best from where he is at present. I suggest he goes and spends a few months at MFS and let them tweek him a bit. Although FFC have a fairly decent record in Muay Thai they seem to be lacking when it comes to winning MMA stratergy. Alaistair needs a change and a change soon, or he will become old news.

inc
11-09-2006, 09:33
as far as i know he didn't switch camp and he has a great mma coach( Martijn de Jong).

Mickey
11-09-2006, 10:22
Alistair still trains at FFC for his standup and at Tatusjin for his groundwork. Just like always.

Anyway..
Ik schrok me ook suf toen ie er zo door heen zakte..
Ik dacht dat ie iets met zn knie zou hebben ofzo.. En dat zijn
vaak langdurige blessures en dat zou helemaal klote zijn!
Dat gedeelte viel gelukkig mee, hoewel ik me kan voorstellen
dat je flink schrikt als je rechterbeen plots uitvalt..

Renzokid
11-09-2006, 10:35
I could be wrong but wasn't he with a crew called Mikes gym in Amsterdam. He then moved to FFC who are a good Muay Thai Camp but seem tactically naive when it comes to MMA. Also I thought the guy who was in charge of the corner was Mr Carbin, a great Thai boxer but on recent form no great shakes in MMA. Even so as you mentioned Martin De Jong he has an MMA record of 8 - 7 - 3 , which doesn't sound to me like he is the best MMA strategist. He is certainly a great ground instructor, from what I've read, but that doesn't necessarily equate to being an expert on MMA stratagem. My suggestion is not that these guys are no good full stop, just that they are not getting the best out of Alistair. I could be completely wrong in my supposition and other factors are at play, but I do get the impression that these guys aren’t getting the best that they can out of Alistair. Out of his last 4 fights 3 have been losses, which implies, to me, that he needs some sort of change. If I had Alistairs ear then I would suggest he go to somewhere like MFS and maybe try a completely new way of thinking. It just seems that on recent form he is on the slippery slope to the lower levels of the Pride MMA pile. He also seems to be becoming increasingly nervy when he gets in difficult positions, a sign that his confidence is being affected.

Mickey
11-09-2006, 10:44
Heheh.. This is so typical of the MMA community.
When he was choking out Igor and Vitor everyone worshipped the ground he walked on, now he had to take 2 losses and all of a sudden he's on "a slipery slope"? I dont buy it..

I think that the evidence to the fact that a fighter that had a couple of losses is in no way on the bottom of the pile, as you so eloquently put it, can be found in the same event in the person of mr Crocop ;)

MB667
11-09-2006, 11:09
last 2 loses were because of injuries.

Renzokid
11-09-2006, 11:12
Mickey your generalizisation is partially correct, in that the MMA community can be extremely fickle, but my post does not suggest that Alistair is at the bottom of the pile, just that he is heading in that direction. He has lost 3 out of his 4 fights and in recent fights he seems to be less confident when the going starts to get tough. Out of his last 7 fights under the guidance of FFC, 4 have been losses. Where as out of the 15 fights he had with the Euro pro team (Mikes gym) only two were losses. To me this says something, and I think that Alistair could get more out of training with someone who better recognises what his true strengths are.

As previously stated this is not a direct slight upon Mr Carbin as he is a great Muay Thai trainer, but his MMA tactics , for Alistair at least, leave a lot to be desired.

Renzokid
11-09-2006, 11:14
Cool avatar by the way :wink:

ICON
11-09-2006, 11:16
ja tering ik was er ook goed ziek van.
eerst zie ik allistair verliezen. dan silva en dan ook nog eens noguiera.
wel hele mooie partijen gezien
allistair succes en beterschap

BRAINDEAD
11-09-2006, 11:19
Ik hoop dat allistair helemaal hersteld is voor de partij tegen Gilbert !!!

Fightchick
11-09-2006, 11:32
Jammer dat het zo gelopen is. Maar we weten wat hij kan en dat hij na zijn herstel weer gewoon gaat knallen!

Luka
11-09-2006, 13:31
dat was wel heel appart hoe die op de grond ging jah..

mja.. re-match keertje .. dan pakt hij hem zeker weten :D

Ton
11-09-2006, 13:36
@ Renzokid,

As the topic starts in Dutch, I think you didn't recognize what was said by andrewsgym.
A little translation:
Alistair had a nerve pain after those hard low kick against his leg. As a result his complete leg no longer functioned....!
During the ground fight Alistair's leg did not recover. Therefore he couldn't continue the fight against someone of the level such as Arona.

This had nothing to do with an strategic fight plan, just really BAD luck!

The fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (where the towel was thrown in the ring) was just as bad luck as this... If im not wrong Alistair was recovering from a neck injury and it was almost not responsible to fight. Due to his fighting spirit he fought that day, of course his corner man is then thinking better save then sorry!

Renzokid
11-09-2006, 13:57
thank you for the translation.

Mickey
11-09-2006, 14:36
Mickey your generalizisation is partially correct, in that the MMA community can be extremely fickle, but my post does not suggest that Alistair is at the bottom of the pile, just that he is heading in that direction. He has lost 3 out of his 4 fights and in recent fights he seems to be less confident when the going starts to get tough. Out of his last 7 fights under the guidance of FFC, 4 have been losses. Where as out of the 15 fights he had with the Euro pro team (Mikes gym) only two were losses. To me this says something, and I think that Alistair could get more out of training with someone who better recognises what his true strengths are.

As previously stated this is not a direct slight upon Mr Carbin as he is a great Muay Thai trainer, but his MMA tactics , for Alistair at least, leave a lot to be desired.

Hahah thx! I like my avatar too ;)

Anyway.. Although Alistair might have lost a couple of matches, I think you need to consider the level of competition has increased aswell.. He fights in the top leagues now against the best of the world. He has defeated guys that are considered top notch.
I dont think he lacks heart to compete. On the contrary.

Lee Hottie # 1 fan
11-09-2006, 14:42
arona gaf hem nog een lekkere klap na alistair had afgetikt
is niet echt sportief in mijn opzicht

Kaun
11-09-2006, 15:12
weet niet of die klap na nou met opzet was,,Arona staat ook strak van de adrenaline