PDA

View Full Version : Shonie Carter Speaks

ChimiChero
22-09-2006, 11:57
Shonie Carter
Mr. International

From ADCombat.com:

One had to wonder why Shonie Carter would accept a role as a participant in the UFC’s fourth season of the Ultimate Fighter reality show entitled, “The Comeback�.

“They made me an offer I couldn't refuse,� said Carter who holds a professional mixed-martial-arts (mma) record of 34-15-6 but never holding UFC gold. UFC maybe brought Carter in for his character and charisma but the fighter whose record is a who’s who of mma, was coming back for business.

Well, maybe it’s his character too. Thus far this season, “Mr. International� has worn his normal dubious attire with cane and hat to match to the weigh-ins and fight announcements. To the displeasure of some of his housemates, Carter also redecorated the house with spray paint and made use of over 60 empty water bottles to make himself float. But Carter insists what you see on the reality show is not an act. “It was the real Shonie Carter, and as far as their (other fighters) complaints are concerned, fuck'em!� said Carter. “I have been portrayed correctly as I am nothing more, nothing less.�

But while others were complaining, Carter insists that there were other house mates that were hard to get along with as well. When asked about other participants, Carter responded, “The hardest (to live with) was grumpy ass Jorge Rivera and pessimist Charles McCarthy.�

Regardless of his antics, when Carter was first picked to fight he proved why he was there by beating Rich Clementi by unanimous decision after two rounds. Although the fight appeared close, Carter thinks there should have been a round three. “Sure if my uncles on the commission and would've said they thought there should be (a third round), I would've done it!�

So Shonie wins the first fight and has time to relax and have fun, but another participant made the biggest waves of the season thus far. In regards to Jeremy Jackson leaving the home to talk to a female, Carter responded, “I wouldn't have done it unless Beyonce was on the other side with no panties on, with a large briefcase with my loot!� Coincidently, Jackson was the fighter that Carter wanted to face later on if Jackson was successful in his first fight.

So it appears thus far that Carter has made the right decision. Besides getting another opportunity to fight in the UFC again, Carter had the chance to train with fighters like Randy Couture, Rich Franklin, and Georges St. Pierre. Although with an all star line up of coaches, Carter mostly interacted with someone else. “I spent most of my time with Mark Delogrotte and the heavy bag,� said Carter. He then added, “And I taught Georges judo throws!�

With plenty of time left on the show for Carter to do damage he told ADCC News what to expect. “More of my foolishness of course,� stated Carter. But it appears as though Mr. International will be at a disadvantage as he may have lost something comparable to Superman’s cape. Carter concluded, “Can someone please get my flagged speedos back? I'll even pay!"

lowen.f
22-09-2006, 12:56
“I wouldn't have done it unless Beyonce was on the other side with no panties on, with a large briefcase with my loot!�

:lol:

Die gast spoort niet helemaal, maar is wel lachen :D [/quote]