PDA

View Full Version : Sangtiennoi,The,Deadly Kisser, in Paris

Hammerkick
30-11-2006, 05:26
Sangtiennoi, The « Deadly Kisser »
A Muay Thai superstar in Paris
By Yann Saulnier (http://www.muaythaitv.com/pages/helpcenter/support/index.php?department=4) , 25/11/2006

http://www.muaythaitv.com/_data/fr-fr/2006/11/061116_sangtiennoi_1.jpgAs « SANGTIE NOI SOR LUNG ROAD » was in Paris, we had the opportunity to meet this Muay Thai legend. The Thai journalists dedicated to sportive events gave him the following nickname: «The Deadly Kisser ». This worldwide Muay Thai superstar accepted to answer to our questions directly.

I STARTED PRACTICING MUAY THAI WHEN I WAS 13 YEARS OLD, I WAS PASSIONATE

MTTV: Hi SANGTIEN! How nice to see you! Why this trip to Paris?
SANGTIENNOI: I am in Paris, because I am with my boxer SORN PICHIT who must box on this Saturday.

MTTV: Before telling us more about your activities, can you remind us your Muay Thai prize list and curriculum?
SANGTIENNOI: Yes, I come from Pathum Thani a small province near Bangkok. I started boxing when I was 13 years old; not because our parents were poor, but because I was already passionate by the Muay Thai.

THE TOUGHER BOXER I’VE EVER MET IS SACKMONGKON

MTTV: Which titles did you collect during your carrier?
SANGTIENNOI: At 20 years old I was the Lumpinee Champion, at the age of 29 I was the WMC World Champion, and at 31 I was Champion of the Radjadamnoem. My weight kept moved from 61 kg to 70 kg. I stopped boxing at 33, after more than 200 fights within 20 years.

MTTV: Quite paradoxically, the boxers’ prize level completely sunk in Thailand, whereas it sky rocketed abroad. What’s your opinion about this phenomenon?
SANGTIENNOI: Yes, in the past, with Ramon (DEKKERS), we were the boxers the best paid.

MTTV: By the way, how much did you earned for this fight against him?
SANGTIENNOI: 10.000 USD. Almost 400.000 bath at that time. It’s been 16 years. (NOTE: in term of purchasing power (not in conversion), this would represent about 60.000 euros today).

MTTV: As you are telling us about Ramon DEKKERS, how many times did you meet him?
SANGTIENNOI: I met Ramon 3 times, I won twice and he won once. Ramon was the superstar at that time in Thailand; he had met all the Top Ten boxers and gave some KO on the way.

MTTV: Do you remember other Westerners from that time?
SANGTIENNOI: Yes, there was Hassan KASRAOUI and Dany BILL who I’ve met twice. I won once, I lost once but he was heavier than me.

MTTV: About your carrier, which famous Thai boxers have you met?
SANGTIENNOI: CHERRY twice (2 victories), CHAMOIPHET 4 times (1 victory, 3 defeats), JONGSANAN FAIRTEX 4 times (2 victories, 1 tie, 1 defeat), NAMAKABUAN twice (2 defeats), NAMPHON twice (2 victories), TEURD KIET twice (1 victory, 1 defeat), NOCKWEED DAVY 5 times (4 victories, 1 defeat), SACKMONGKON 3 times (1 victory, 2 defeats) and ORONO 4 times (2 victories, 2 defeats).
I may forget some.

MTTV: Among all the fighters you’ve encountered: foreigners or Thai, which one has been the toughest?
SANGTIENNOI: SACKMONGKON! Because he stroke really really hard with his legs.

I KEEP AN EXCELLENT MEMORY OF DIDA AND XAVIER DURINGER

http://www.muaythaitv.com/_data/fr-fr/2006/11/061116_sangtiennoi_2.jpgMTTV: Today, what are you doing? We’ve seen you in CHOK DEE with DIDA, are you planning to become an actor?
SANGTIENNOI: No, it’s only a good experience, with very nice people. I keep an excellent memory of Dida, Xavier DURINGER and the week we spent together. They are right and kind men. And I was consequently very much pleased to meet them again these days.

MTTV: What are doing now, as a job?
SANGTIENNOI: Well, I’ve opened my own camp at Pathumthani where I’ve got about fifteen professional boxers.

MTTV: Are you satisfied with your life?
SANGTIENNOI: Yes, because I am my own boss, I am evolving in an activity I already know and which has always been familiar.

MTTV: Camp owner, do many boxers start such an activity as a redeployment?
SANGTIENNOI: No, as the cost of life increased, only the famous boxers having a bit of money can afford doing it. Consequently few boxers open camps nowadays.

MTTV: What do you think about the fighting sports success nowadays worldwide?
SANGTIENNOI: I’m very glad of it. Though it all, Thailand remains apart, as the Thai public prefers small categories which are the synonym for faster and more explosive boxers. In addition, bets influence directly the match making and in consequence they also influence rankings.

MTTV: Who are the reference boxers nowadays?
SANGTIENNOI: SENCHAI SOR KHAMSING, ANUWAT KAEWSAMRIT, POTHA SAMPAN, ATTACHAI. And of course the strongest, BUAKAW POR PRAMUK.

MTTV: How come he never became the Thailand Champion?
SANGTIENNOI: Well, at that time, he was in the same category as SAMKOR, when he was champion, but both of them didn’t reach the same level. BUAKAW couldn’t win against SAMKOR at that time. In the same period of time, he started fighting in Japan and he then became a superstar.

MTTV: Will BUAKAW remain registered in the Muay Thai book as one of the best fighters?
SANGTIENNOI: For sure!

MTTV: Nevertheless when I compare BUAKAW’s nowadays technique to SAMATH PAYAKAROON’s past technique, it seems that BUAKAW is very far behind technically.
SANGTIENNOI: That’s true but things are changing today. Now, people appreciate physical boxers working powerfully.

TODAY, LIKE 27 YEARS AGO I AM PASSIONATE BY THE MUAY THAI

MTTV: Is it the reason why the K1 is taking the advantage upon the Muay Thai?
SANGTIENNOI: No, I don’t agree! K1 has more money, a better marketing but in reality any boxer looking for success has to use Muay Thai techniques. The proof is that it’s me who trains MUSASHI and it’s also me who formed KID YAMAMOTO.
The world best fighters always come from Thailand or practise Muay Thai.

MTTV: By the way, how are the best foreigners nowadays?
SANGTIENNOI: Before I would have answered John WAYNE PARR who I have been training for years, but it seems that today Farid VILLAUME took the advantage.

MTTV: Farid VILLAUME in traditional Muay Thai and BUAKAW in K1?
SANGTIENNOI: Yes that’s it!

MTTV: If there were a fight between them, who would win, up to you?
SANGTIENNOI: That’s difficult to tell. In Muay Thai or following the Kick Boxing rules?

MTTV: Let’s say in Muay Thai.
SANGTIENNOI: In Muay Thai, I would bet on Farid VILLAUME if the fight takes place in Europe or in the USA, but not in Japan nor in Thailand. Villaume is more technical and I’ve seen him fighting several times, he is able to adapt himself to all his opponents’ styles.
Anyway I think that the real winner would be the promoter because this fight would bring people from Japan, Thailand, Europe (especially France) and Holland.

MTTV: Thank you for this interview Sangtien, do you want to add something?
SANGTIENNOI: Yes, two things:
I would like all fighters worldwide to respect the following traditional rituals: Ram Muay and Waï Kru because there’s no real Muay Thai without those rituals.

In addition, I had the opportunity to train at the Phénix club during my stay. There were many fighters learning there. That’s a sound club as I could notice everywhere else: in Canada, in Holland, in Germany and this makes me happy. I’ve got nothing to win when saying this. Today, like 27 years ago, when I started, I am passionate by the Muay Thai.

http://www.muaythaitv.com/_data/fr-fr/2006/11/061116_sangtiennoi_5.jpg

Sangtiennoi’s gym:
T. SANGTIENNOI GYM
T. Chainngraknoi
A.Muang
P.Pathumthani 12160

Kaoklai
30-11-2006, 05:51
MTTV: About your carrier, which famous Thai boxers have you met?
SANGTIENNOI: CHERRY twice (2 victories), CHAMOIPHET 4 times (1 victory, 3 defeats), JONGSANAN FAIRTEX 4 times (2 victories, 1 tie, 1 defeat), NAMAKABUAN twice (2 defeats), NAMPHON twice (2 victories), TEURD KIET twice (1 victory, 1 defeat), NOCKWEED DAVY 5 times (4 victories, 1 defeat), SACKMONGKON 3 times (1 victory, 2 defeats) and ORONO 4 times (2 victories, 2 defeats).
I may forget some.

My God ..wat een vette startlijst, dit zijn allemaal Thaise legendes tegen wie hij stond:eek: :eek:

Respect!!

Biiyen
30-11-2006, 06:20
En natuurlijk hoort bij dit interview de leukste Ramon Dekkers foto uit mijn verzameling.

Ramon Vs The deadly Kisser :cool2:

In de gevechten die de twee heren met elkaar uitvochten vielen de nodige kusjes, wederzijds....

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8762/ramonkissedcf0.jpg

Justinian
30-11-2006, 06:21
Leuk om te lezen, thanks Dirk!

marcelt
30-11-2006, 07:42
ram muay en wai kru. Wat is het verschil?

Highline
30-11-2006, 08:14
super! hoe oud is hij nu of heb er daar overheen gelezen? echt een topvechter!

@ marcelt is de wai kru niet de buigingen die de thai op zijn knieen maakt? de dans die daarop volgt is geloof ik pas de ram muay

Highline
30-11-2006, 08:27
ram muay en wai kru. Wat is het verschil?

Wai Kru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wai_Kru) (also transliterated as Whai Kru) - A ritual before a competition. The fighter performs three bows, on the third one the fighter concentrates, thinking about someone who is very dear to them. This ritual is meant to show respect toward family, gym and teacher.
Ram Muay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Muay) - The Ram Muay is the pre-fight ritual conducted after the Wai Kru. It is a dance that the fighter performs to traditional music. In ancient times, the Ram Muay was used as a warm-up before a fight, but it is now performed prior to the beginning of a Muay Thai match.

Jeru
30-11-2006, 08:27
Wai Kru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wai_Kru) (also transliterated as Whai Kru) - A ritual before a competition. The fighter performs three bows, on the third one the fighter concentrates, thinking about someone who is very dear to them. This ritual is meant to show respect toward family, gym and teacher.
Ram Muay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Muay) - The Ram Muay is the pre-fight ritual conducted after the Wai Kru. It is a dance that the fighter performs to traditional music. In ancient times, the Ram Muay was used as a warm-up before a fight, but it is now performed prior to the beginning of a Muay Thai match.

Highline
30-11-2006, 08:28

hahaha ik was net iets eerder, wat een toeval :lol:

Jeru
30-11-2006, 08:36
wow dat is wel heel grappig :thup:

Highline
30-11-2006, 08:59
wow dat is wel heel grappig :thup:

haha idd, lang leven wikipedia!

dontmindme
01-12-2006, 03:28
leuk om te lezen
en damn wat een startlist :eek: