PDA

View Full Version : -interview- fedor

kickboxer1987
09-01-2007, 18:39
Here is last nights on-line meeting with Fedor, I hope you like. he answered most of your questions and more:

1) Who do you think are the top 3 205lbs (96kg) fighters in the world in order?
I think, 1, Shogun, 2 Wand, 3 Liddell

2) What were your thoughts on Wanderlei Silva – Mirko Crocop match from 2006 GP?

Mirko worked very properly, intelligently and smartly. Wanderlei was totally not himself. I couldn’t recognize him. He was too heavy and was doing some strange things.

3) Is there a realistic chance of you fighting in UFC anytime soon? Has UFC approached you?

UFC approached us a few times. For now Pride is #1, so we are here. I don’t know how good the chances are to see me in UFC in future. I think this may be a better question to my manager Vadim Finkelstein.

4) What do you think of UFC HW Champion Tim Sylvia? Approximately where do you think he belongs on your top 10 HWs list?

Honestly I haven’t thought of this, and haven’t seen enough fights with Tim. The fights that I have seen were not bad at all.

5) What is your opinion on “systema”?

Don’t undestand the question. (this is an abvious sarcastic remark by fedor. Every russian knows what systema is. Fedor obviously suggests by this remark that Systema sucks, fake, BS etc. and hence doesn't warrant his attention)

6) UFC’s undefeated contender Diego Sanchez has trained with you. What did you think of him, and Georges St. Pierre?

We didn’t train together (Diego probably meant that he took a class!!! You know where there is 100 people there? Fedor does NOT consider that “training with him”) but I’ve seen his fights. He is a good and very talented fighter.

7) If Nogueira and Mirko Crocop had a rematch now, who do you think would have a better chance of winning?

It’s 50/50. If Nog takes it to the ground Crocop is weaker there, but if Crocop is able to keep it standing Nog will take a terrible beating. It all depends on their game plan and how well they execute it.

8) If you were caught in a submission that you felt you couldn’t escape, would you tap out?

Never been in that situation, so I have no idea about what I’d do.

More questions from around the world:

Q. Who are your coaches or trainers for endurance?
A. We are working with all kinds of endurance athletes such as skiing champions to learn their secrets to great cardio.

Q. What do you think is a maximum amount of fights a serious fighter can have and still perform at 100% a year?
A. 3. It’s possible to have up to 5, but then the fighter’s “mental state” will be weakened. Another words “psychologically” it’s not good for you to fight more than 3 or 4 times a year.

Q. Francisco Filho beat Ruslan Karaev in k1 recently. He is in negotiations with Pride and trains with Brazilian Top team. Do you think that in his age it is possible to learn ground game on a high level?
A. Yes, it’s possible to learn grappling at any age and be sufficient.

Q. Did the illegal strike by Hunt to the back of your head stun you?
A. It wasn’t pleasant, but not too bad.

Q. Do you think Crocop could do better vs. you in a rematch?
A. Yes, if he learns from his mistakes. But I’d try to present him new problems.

Q. Did you sign a new contract with Pride?
A. Not yet. We are negotiating, but initial outline and an agreement are there.

Q. How is your foot?
A. 100%. It was a pity that it happened just before Hunt fight. I had to stop sparring, running etc. I could only do boxing in my training.

Q. When is the next fight?
A. I may fight in the World Championships of Combat Sambo in Russia in February.

Q. have you met Putin yet?
A. Not yet.

Q. Will you PR more to popularize MMA in Russia?
A. Yes.

Q. Who is your next Pride opponent?
A. Nog or Barnett.

Q. Did Aleks/Crocop fight influence you during the Crocop fight? Did you want to avange your brother?
A. No. It was simply a game-plan and a normal fight, not emotional.

Q. Do you think you have good genetics? Does that help in your fighting?
A. No, I think it’s hard work.

Q. Were you ever on a brink of defeat? (Fujita?)
A. No.

Q. What gives you the edge over the competition?
A. I see my shortcomings, and the shortcomings of my opponents.

Q. Do you fight with your wife? (not physically, lol)
A. Sometimes.

Q. You didn’t look good at the very start of Hunt fight. You looked slower and tired.
A. Yes, I was tired.
-------------------------------------------

hoe bescheiden is deze man!!:thup: