PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop interview

The Maniac
16-01-2007, 06:21
Heb ik even afgeplukt van de Cro Cop (blog) site geplukt vertaalt en wel:

Cro Cop – a former member of the anti-terrorist unit back home, as well as a member of the Croatian Parliament – has compiled a stellar 21-4-2 over his five year career, defeating (among others) Heath Herring, Igor Vovchanchyn, Josh Barnett (three times), Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, and Wanderlei Silva while fighting for the Pride organization in Japan. Most recently, he left Pride on a high note by winning their Open Weight Grand Prix tournament with wins over Barnett and Silva on the same night. Daborvny of Prasnava interviewed Cro cop of his recent happenings him moving to UFC and furthering his rematch with Fiodor.

D:What's up Mirko how are things going have you started preparation for UFC 67.

M:I have been sparring alot with my guys working on by boxing and jiu jitsu game with Maestre Parduc and Werdum. I am also helping fabricio prepare for a fight.

D:How are you injury wise?

M:I hurt my leg with the fight against Silva and had some trouble against Josh in the finals I got surgery on that it is going good up to now. I will be at 100% in my UFC debut.

D:What do think about the HW division in the UFC?

M:It is full of great fighters it will become my goal to beat the best to get to the belt that is my goal.

D:Sylvia is the champion what do you think of him do you think he is a bigger threat than a Fedor or Noguiera.

M: (sighing) Oh that is difficult to say I have not faced Sylvia yet he will be one of the biggest guys I have faced in MMA. Personally I dont think Sylvia is more dangerous than Fedor. He is much bigger and is more a striker than Fedor is.

D: Do you want to face Fedor in the future?

M: Yes I want to fight him again I dissapointed myself the first time I hurt him several times he was the champion and showed he was the champion his gameplan worked mine didn't.

D: Where you suprised he wanted to stand up with you.

M:Yes I waiting for the shoot all the time which took me off my strategy that was too tire him in the defense and then counter his stand up was good.

D:He trained a lot in the Netherlands with people like Ernesto Hoost. But any way back to the current news.

D:Your facing Eddie Sanchez he is a striker like you and has only 5 fights and he mentioned he will try to knock you out with his right hand.

M:I am not underestimating him I dont know much about him I have only seen one fight what I know is he likes to stand up I know nothing about his ground game. I think I am the better striker and I am faster than him. But we will see I dont like too talk I let my legs do the speaking.

D:Would we ever see you return to K-1 or Pride?

M: I dont know K-1 is where I started but UFC is my new home they have been good for me.

D:This will be your first time in a cage what you think about that and do you think it is a disadvantage for you.

M:Yeah I dont know we will see I think there is no problem I train to fight so ring or cage it doesn't matter.

D:Who would you like to fight after you defeat Eddie Sanchez?

M:Grinning, I am not looking past this guy there certain guys I like to face people like Arlovski and Sylvia that time will eventually come I will train hard for it these guys are strong and it would make a great fight.

D:Final question champion in 2007 or 2008

M:I hope as quick as possible I want to be the champion.

D:Thank you and good luck in the future

De man van 14K
16-01-2007, 06:33
in 2007 is hij de champ..

Influcted
16-01-2007, 06:39
Ik denk 2008 omdat een cage echt wel anders is dan een ring maar hij wordt kampioen, sowieso.

stiffler
16-01-2007, 16:46
Ik denk ook 2008, 2007 is te vroeg... Maar dat hij hem wint zeker weten !!

wrestler_nl
17-10-2007, 21:14
IN 2008 is hij de champioen

Chico
17-10-2007, 21:19
thx voor de bump (onderhand negen maanden later ;) )... had deze nog niet gelezen..

Tony
17-10-2007, 22:18
lol. ik ook. Ik dacht, hey vet, eindelijk een update over CC.

Achja, mooie kick van dit topic inderdaad.

Moet wel zeggen dat wrestler_nl op dezelfde golflengte zit als mij :)

Jochem
17-10-2007, 22:51
ik denk in 2008 CC retires, zit er al een poosje aan te komen.

el bastardo
17-10-2007, 22:59
Ik blijf hopen op een goeie comeback. Zou echt zonde zijn als hij ermee kapt volgend jaar. Hij kan nu wel een paar winstpartijen gebruiken, want met nog een verliespartij zal het wel beginnen te knagen.

Emilio
17-10-2007, 23:26
ik denk ook dat hij gaat stoppen in 2008.