PDA

View Full Version : Coaches TUF seizoen 6 bekent

nick
24-04-2007, 18:49
Coaches Announced for The Ultimate Fighter Season 6

Now in its fifth hard-hitting season, Spike TV’s hit reality series,The Ultimate Fighter®,
has launched the UFC® careers of some of mixed martial arts’ brightest young stars. But for season six, not only will the series find the sport’s top young welterweight fighter, it will also settle a score between a charismatic new champion and a legend looking to wear the crown once again, as UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra and former champion Matt Hughes coach 16 fighters hoping to be crowned the ‘Ultimate Fighter’.

Production on The Ultimate Fighter 6 begins this spring and continues in Las Vegas for about the next 6 weeks. The Ultimate Fighter 6 premieres this fall. The series is hosted by Dana White, UFC President.

“We’re raising the stakes for season six of The Ultimate Fighter,” said White. “Matt Serra, UFC Welterweight Champion, and Matt Hughes, the former welterweight champion, do not like each other at all. It should be a wild ride.”

In the series finale, the two finalists will fight in a LIVE television broadcast with a location to be determined. In the end, one welterweight will be crowned the new Ultimate Fighter. As a special bonus for fight fans, The Ultimate Fighter 6’s two coaches, Serra and Hughes, will square off for the UFC Welterweight Championship in a pay-per-view bout on a date and site to be determined.

Matt Serra and Matt Hughes have come from opposite ends of the mixed martial arts spectrum, but in 2007, they meet at the top of the welterweight division, and with more than a little heat between them.

Long Island, New York’s Matt ‘The Terror’ Serra, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt known for his ground game, nonetheless shocked the mixed martial arts world at UFC 69 on April 7 with a stirring first round TKO of a man many thought was unbeatable, Georges St-Pierre. It was the pinnacle of an over seven year career that saw Serra face a Who’s Who of the sport, including BJ Penn, Din Thomas, Karo Parisyan, and Chris Lytle. It wasn’t until his stint on The Ultimate Fighter’s fourth season though, that Serra earned his title shot with a win over Chris Lytle in the series finale. Now he expects to guard his title jealously from all comers, but first, he will impart the wisdom he has given to his students - such as Luke Cummo and Pete Sell – for years on season six of The Ultimate Fighter.

“It’s no secret that Matt Hughes and I don’t like each other, and getting the chance to beat him as a coach before I beat him in the Octagon is a great opportunity and one I’m really looking forward to,” said Serra. “On season six of The Ultimate Fighter, I will show the bully how it’s done as I coach the future of the welterweight division.”

(bron) http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=5470

Belooft weer wat moois te worden :thup:

Maar als ik het goed begrijp krijgen we in september een titel gevecht tussen Huges en Serra.
Dan komt Serra voor die tijd vast niet meer in aktie want dan kunnen Dana's plannen weer in duigen vallen.

Zo kan Serra langer van zijn titel genieten dan GSP

Tsuki
24-04-2007, 18:58
TUF rouleert grote tijd ...........

Wheelie
24-04-2007, 19:38
Vette shit, duurt nog wel even dus voordat Serra zijn titel gaat verdedigen.

paspoes
24-04-2007, 19:58
Vette shit, duurt nog wel even dus voordat Serra zijn titel gaat verdedigen.

x1:thup:

Tony
24-04-2007, 20:00
ah leuk nieuws.

vind matt serra zowieso een top coach, dat zag je al bij de TUF4 :)