PDA

View Full Version : Nieuw Crocop interview uit Kroatische krant

Judas
25-04-2007, 18:40
ZAGREB - Croatian MMA fighter in his home in Zagreb heals the consequences of his hard defeat on Saturday against the Brazilian fighter Gabriel Gonzaga at the UFC 70 in Manchester. The shocking images of Cro Cop laying in the middle of the cage fainted seemed unreal because of the reversed roles we are used to see in the last few years.

Similar experience Filipović did have against Kevin Randleman (in PRIDE) and Michael McDonald (in K-1). From both fighters he lost to a KO and both times he managed to get at the top. Al thou his charisma got seriously damaged in Manchester, Mirko is saying he has the motive and strength for a new rise to the top.

Nothing is broken

Are you feeling any consequences for your health?

There are no headaches, nor any other visible after effects of Gonzagas high-kick. If there was no pain in my right ancle I would've been long in training by now. Because of that, there's 2 weeks of passive rest for me now. The ancle is swallen, but I think there's nothing broken because I wouldn't be able to walk in that case. Nevertheless, I'll be going to a doctor for some examinations.

You were looking distracted in the ring?

I was not myself against Gonzaga. I just couldn't decide to start a series of strikes, I didn't go forward. Something similar happened in my last fight against Sanchez in Las Vegas, but I managed to win that fight. These kind of things happen to me in regular intervals. Nevertheless, there's no excuse for this defeat, no alibi, nor am I seeking one.

What was crucial for that kind of a lose?

Gonzaga's elbow strikes in my temple were the main thing. When I stud back up, my perspective was faded and i didn't even see that high-kick.

Were the preparations wrong?

The preparations for the fight were perfect and that isn't the problem. Just before the fight I was in a bad mood, I couldn't focus, I fought without any strategy.

What's your future in the UFC?

I'll be back even stronger. This is not the time to speak of the UFC belt, but I will respect the contract to it's end. Of course, in the case there will not be any new injuries. Al thou, I don't know what could make me fight once i fulfill my contract of four more fights.

When could your next fight happen?

I believe I will fight at the end of August or the beginning of September. I am expecting a rematch against Gonzaga. I would like to thank everyone who came to Manchester because of me and everyone who called to express their best wishes. I had more than 200 calls and i couldn't answer them all.

source: http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/ostalisportovi/clanak/art-2007,4,23,,71557.jl

MMA Davy
25-04-2007, 18:45
Echt zonde die partij. Maar ik ben er zeker van overtuigt, dat hij terug komt.

nick
25-04-2007, 18:46
rematch tegen Gonzaga zou idd leuk zijn

stiffler
25-04-2007, 18:50
Echt zonde die partij. Maar ik ben er zeker van overtuigt, dat hij terug komt.

X2

KO TKO
25-04-2007, 21:16

x2

chief108
25-04-2007, 21:24
x3

dreamone
26-04-2007, 05:25

Mijn advies aan crocop, vecht vooruit, agressiever, net als bij de OWGP. Straf je tegenstander af als hij naar voren probeert te komen, hij heeft alles in huis, goeie stoten, goeie clinch, goede takedown-defense. Gonzaga gaat niet afwachten totdat Crocop eindelijk beslist aan te vallen of niet, die gaat gewoon druk zetten.

26-04-2007, 05:43
Mijn advies aan crocop, vecht vooruit, agressiever, net als bij de OWGP. Straf je tegenstander af als hij naar voren probeert te komen, hij heeft alles in huis, goeie stoten, goeie clinch, goede takedown-defense. Gonzaga gaat niet afwachten totdat Crocop eindelijk beslist aan te vallen of niet, die gaat gewoon druk zetten.

komt helemaal goed in de rematch!! zeker weten!!

Judas
26-04-2007, 05:45

Na de OWGP zei hij dat ook over zichzelf. Als hij op die manier vecht, is hij bijna niet te stoppen(volgens hem ook niet door Fedor die avond hehe). Toch gek dat hij dan zo afwachtend vecht.

Luka
26-04-2007, 17:48
denk als die rematch er komt.. dat Crocop gebrand is hem ff te laten zien wie de baas is in de ring.. :D
Wel jammer dat we weer even moeten wachten voordat we CroCop weer op een gala zijn mja..