PDA

View Full Version : vragen stellen aan fedor

MB667
04-05-2007, 00:15
4 mei neemt interview van niemand minder dan Fedor Emelianenko plaats op zijn officiele forum.
Als jullie willen dat je eigen vraag door hem beantwoord wordt post deze vraag hier.
Ik vertaal ze en stuur ze door dan worden meest interessante aan hem persoonlijk gesteld.

Sorry als mijn nederlands iemand stoort,dat is mijn moedertaal niet maar ik doe mijn best.
Probeer je vragen tot 4 mei middag hier te posten.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
van fighttalk, die jongen zit ook op het igor forum die dit heeft geschreven, ik heb hem erop geattendeerd dat ik hier deze topic heb gemaakt. dus als jullie een vraag hebben, stel hem dan maar hier.

michaell
04-05-2007, 00:44
Ik hoop dat jullie enkele goede vragen zien bedenken tot morgenmiddag.
MB667: dank je wel voor hulp.

MB667
04-05-2007, 00:45
anytime ;)

dtgerald
04-05-2007, 01:10
Hoe is het om met nederlanse kickboksers te trainen?

Joris
04-05-2007, 01:18
wat is zijn 5 jaren plan :P

Evilman
04-05-2007, 01:26
Hoe ziet hij de toekomst van het MMA?
Wie ziet hij als de beste MMA vechter naast hemzelf?
Op wat voor regels vecht hij het liefst?
Wanneer krijgen we een dikke Fedorseminar in Nederland?

Remco
04-05-2007, 01:28
Wat ziet Fedor als zijn meest zwakke plek?

Paganstars
04-05-2007, 01:28
Zullen we Fedor ooit eens in Nederland knokken?

Cave
04-05-2007, 02:14
Gaat Fedor de overstap maken naar de UFC?

KO TKO
04-05-2007, 03:12
Hoe geschikt vindt hij Judo voor MMA?

michaell
04-05-2007, 19:26
Bedankt allemaal voor jullie aandacht. Ga nu ze ff vertalen en doordrukken.

Highline
04-05-2007, 19:55
nog snel een vraagje

aangezien fedor af en toe in nl traint met nederlandse toppers, hoe zal hij zelf zijn kansen in het kickboksen inschatten en wil hij ooit zelf een partij in kickboksen of k-1 draaien?

michaell
04-05-2007, 20:58
Highline:
Je vraag is ook in mijn lijst nu toegevoegd.
Er zijn trouwens vragen door anderen gesteld dus misschien niet alle jullie vragen beantwoord worden aangezien deze conference maar 1,5 uur zal duren.

michaell
06-05-2007, 01:46
Ik heb het in het Engels vertaald. Geloof dat de meesten hier geen probleem daarmee hebben. Dan hoefde ik dubbel werk niet te doen. Deze conference heeft gisteravond plaatsgenomen.

http://xegami.com/uploads/Fedor9084b4d8jpg.jpg
Q: Lindland said he admired your armbar. He's never seen something like that, it was not a standard move. He didn't feel it as a potential dangerous moment until he got his arm strained...What was it: sambo, jiu-jitsu, catch-wrestling, something new?
A: No, actually it was a standard one. I just blocked his arm by keeping his arm pressed with my legs.

Q: In your last two fights you won by submission while lying on your opponent. Why didn't we see any striking techniques in the guard?
A: It was simply not necessary.I felt like i could win due to a submission.

Q: According to Dana White Pride fighters' losses in UFC showed Pride fighters are weaker than UFC fighters. Can you comment on that one?
What do you think of Randy Couture and Andrei Orlovski by the way?
A: I don't consider Pride fighters weaker. As for me, i believe that overall Pride army is stronger. I like Couture very much and i respect him as a fighter and a person. He's worth admiring. Andrei is a very tough fighter and i like his fights although he doesn't always use his strong side.

Q: Do you have any experience in using elbows? Would it be hard for you to get used to the UFC rules if you go there?
A: I work on my elbows and i constantly improve my skills. I think it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Q: Hello, Fedor! I'm 17yo, live in Yakutsk. I'd like to come to Red Devil to learn mixfight. Is there any special programme for newcomers? Would that be possible to train with you?
A: A school under Red Devil is opened in St.Petersburg, there is a training gym. It's possible to come train with me, but it would rather be more possible in Stary Oskol as i stay there pretty often.

Q: It's kind of strange but some major websites don't have any information about you fighting Martin Lazarov in Rings Russia vs Bulgaria II. Did this fight really take place back then?
A: I did battle Martin in 2000 when i won due to a choke.

Q: I've read that you are about to become a politician? Is that true? What for?
A: I'm not planning to become a politician.

Q: What is the story behind your nickname "Last Emperor"?
A: Japanese fans called me that way.

Q: Do you plan quitting the sport? When? Are you not afraid of losing?
A: We are about to sign a contract for a year or two. I don't think about possible losses and i don't intend to lose.

Q: How come Russian fighters stay so calm before the fights. Do you have some psychological training which helps you prepare mentally for the fight?
A: It has more to do with one's own personality. The more you fight the better you get tuned up for the upcoming bouts.

Q: What is more important in the fighting career:
-An opportunity to earn money?
-International popularity of the best fighter in heavyweight division?
A: For me all these factors are crucial. But to be the best one comes in the first place.

Q: Would you like to battle anybody particular in the future?
A: Rulon Gardner, champion of the Olympics who won the battle against Alexander Karelin.

Q: Do you have dreams before the fights. What do you see there: some nightmares or something more pleasant?
A: Once in a while i see some dreams of me fighting, but i dont't try to remember them and i just don't pay any attention to it.

Q: Could you clear the situation with the belts you have. You don't have any contracts signed now, you still negotiate with Zuffa. Did they try to intimidate you by taking off you belts?
A: During the first stage of negotiations there were some threats from their side. Now we try to find some compromise. As for my champion's belts they all stay at sportschool in Stary Oskol, so that kids up there could see them and get more motivated. One of the points of my contract is holding a Mix Fight event in Russia, probably next autumn in Moscow.

Q: Which rules do you prefer more: those of UFC or Pride?
A: As far as i know all those rules are about to be unified.

Q: Tell something about Putin. What did you talk about? Did he try to demonstrate some of his judo skills?
A: We drank tea with Vladimir Vladimirovich and talked about different things. He mentioned he tries to watch our fights, tries to follow our performances.

Q: How did you like it in St.Petersburg? Did it look like Japanese 40'000 crowd?
A: I enjoyed it so much. Russian fans are great. It seems they understand the fight game. It took Japan several years to reach that level.

Q: Ropes...again. Did grabbing the ropes help you avoid falling to the ground?
A: I didn't grab the ropes. What i did was leaning on it but it was more unintentional. I don't think it violated the rules.

Q: Are you planning to have more children in the future?
A: Of course.

Q: Why don't you use liver shots? They are so effective. I saw it in a Goodridge fight.
A: I choose a target according to a fight situation. It goes automatically.

Q: What's your thoughts about throws to the floor (that Randleman's throw would send anyone far away for a long time). Could you throw somebody in a similar way?
A: I had such opporunities but i didn't want it.

Q: Do you have any phobia?
A: No i don't.

Q: Would you accept any challenge from any fighter?
A: I would do it under a proper contract conditions.

Q: Do you consider yourself as a strongest fighter of the heavyweight division?
A: I have never considered myself as the strongest one.

Q: Do you have any idols you look up to?
A: Yuri Vlasov, Russian powerlifter.

Q: What's your favorite meal?
A: I eat a lot and actually i have many favorite ones.

Q: Do you keep yourself to some sort of diet?
A: No i don't. I just try to avoid fat food, cakes and sweats.

A question to Fedor's trainer, Vladimir Mikhailovich:
Q: How come nobody of Russian fighters can't approach Fedor's level?
A: When Fedor came to the MMA, he's already achieved International Judo and Sambo class master's level. We work wirh Red Devil about three years now. A lot of fighters show us a clear evolution of their skills, but they are still too young to achieve what Fedor did.

Q: Do you study your future opponents' behaviour, their psyhological level? Do you have some tricks you haven't used yet?
A: As far as my trainer is concerned, i've reached 50% of my top notch skills.

Q: Do you make up a plan before a battle?
A: I don't have a big plan, but i do have thoughts about the upcoming fight.

Q: How was your vacation after your last fight?
A: Wonderful.

Q: Matt Lindland said he'd like a rematch. Your thoughts on it?
A: I'd like it as well because he's a very good fighter.

Q: Who do you consider the most dangerous heavyweight fighter?
A: I guess i'm afraid of my trainer. He's the one who can leave me without breakfast, dinner or supper.

Q: Would you agree to fight in K-1?
A: I haven't get any offers from K-1 organisation yet.

Chico
06-05-2007, 01:59
A: As far as my trainer is concerned, i've reached 50% of my top notch skills
shit.. niet eens op vol vermogen :p

A: I guess i'm afraid of my trainer. He's the one who can leave me without breakfast, dinner or supper.
hahahahahaha

dope dope reps

FOCUS
06-05-2007, 02:40
Fedor is zo 'down to earth',
bedankt voor het interview

Evilman
06-05-2007, 22:16
Tof, alleen zijn de antw erg sumier helaas.
Maar dit is denk ik dat hij zelf antw geeft
en je krijgt het ingevuld terug he?

In depth interview zou wel tof zijn, net als bijv.
de vraag over eten heb je nog steeds geen echt
antw. Dat vind ik wel jammer.

Justinian
07-05-2007, 00:59
Thanks Michaell! Leuke vragen en erg leuke antwoorden. Reps!

FOCUS
07-05-2007, 05:56
die antwoorden van hem zijn denk ik ook zo kort en gebonden, omdat hij er verder ook niet veel van vind?? beetje ongecompliceerde manier van denken... vind het wel wat hebben.

chief108
07-05-2007, 18:18
thnx man...
vette reps!!

Remco
07-05-2007, 18:30
Leuke antwoorden, jammer dat onze vragen er vrijwel niet in terug komen.

Luka
07-05-2007, 19:00
Q: Who do you consider the most dangerous heavyweight fighter?

haha :D

D_K
08-05-2007, 05:21
heel leuk :P

michaell
08-05-2007, 22:38
Maar dit is denk ik dat hij zelf antw geeft
en je krijgt het ingevuld terug he?
Precies.
Niet alles werd door hem beantwoord omdat Fedor opeens het telefoontje kreeg van burgemeester van Belgorod (das een stad waarnaast Stary Oskol ligt). De resultaat van hun gesprek is het openen van een Martial Arts school in Belgorod die de naam van Fedor Emelianenko krijgt!
Super news.

michaell
19-05-2007, 06:13
Eindelijk is de rest van de vragen op zijn forum in het form van audio question-answer geplaatst. Ik had geen tijd om ze heel nauwkerig te vertalen. Hoop dat jullie toch verstaan. Hier gaan de vragen van de nederlandse users die ik van jullie ontvangen had.
Q: Your impression about the training with Dutch kickboxers? Why did you actually choose FFC & VOS Gym for training in the Netherlands?
A: Because i consider Dutch kickboxers the best kickboxers in the world. I came there to train and improve my striking technique (legs and arms). We are very good friends and by the way one of my managers is Dutch, he arranged all this training with the best Dutch fighters.
Q: Who do you conside the best MMA-fighter except yourself?
A: Oh,i don’t consider myself as the best one. I have never thought of this. I think Randy Couture, Mirko Crocop, Antonio Nogueira, Andrei Orlovski are very good fighters. Basically there are many very interesting and honorable fighters who deserve respect.
Q: When will the Dutch fans get the opportunity of having a seminar with you in the Netherlands?
A: There has been no talk about this yet. I don’t know exactly when. I spend a lot of time training myself. So there is not that much time left to make some seminars abroad. Moreover, there should be a person who’d arrange this event in the Netherlands itself.
Q: Concerning your frequent trainings with Dutch top-fighters how do you consider yourself in kickboxing? Would you like to fight in K-1 maybe?
A: I believe everyone should do his own business. If i’m a MMA-fighter, i don’t possess that something special in my blood which Ernesto Hoost possesses. He’s spent his whole life in muay-thai, kickboxing. And for me to have one fight and heal my wound half year afterwards – that is something i don’t want to do. I want to fight in the same kind of martial arts.
Q: How do you think judo matches with MMA?
A: I think judo is a favorable sort of the MA for the MMA. But it’s not only up to the initial sort of the MA you are in. It’s more up to the ability of a fighter to develop his skills from Judo amateur up to MMA level.
Q: Do you develop your owo fightstule or do you just perfect your present style of fighting?
A: No, i do my best to constanly improve my abilities and i pay a lot of attention to legs. The matter is that i haven’t trained my legs yet to react automatically. I hope it soon will work this way.
Q: Is there any possibility of you fighting your younger brother Alexander?
A: I don’t think there is a chance of it. Although i guess Alexander would probably want it to happen. At least he talks about it pretty often.
Q: What is your opinion about the upsets of this year? Why do the topfighters lose?
A: Well, if you think of W.Sliva...he fought Crocop and Henderson. I consider these two opponents of Silva as topfighters as well. So it’s pretty obvious one of them was about to fail. Speaking of Mirko (against Gonzaga in the UFC) i guess he just didn’t prepare himself mentally. He was more eminent, more experienced higher-class fighter than the Brazilian opponent but he let that leg fly high enough...I hope it’ll only boost him as it had happened after his fight against Kevin Randleman when he came back strong knocking out everyone.
Q: Who did you want to become being a little kid?
A: I wanted to become a wrestler. But, unfortunately i didn’t perform that well. Also i think like may of us those days i wanted to become a cosmonaut.
Q: What do you like else except sport?
A: I like to spend my spare time with my friends and family. I still like drawing. Also i enjoy reading. Right now i read Ivan Bunin “Dark alleys”
Q: Some foreign actors you like to watch?
A: Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson.
Q: And foreign singers?
A: Sting, Mylene Farmer.
Q: Are you happy? If you could turn back time what would you change then?
A: I’m a happy man. As for changing something...i think i’d change something but i’m happy now.I like the way of living i have.

viCo
20-05-2007, 01:55
Thanks - leuk om te lezen!