PDA

View Full Version : Bas Rutten gaat Kimbo trainen

Wheelie
20-05-2007, 20:05
KIMBO SLICE UPDATE
I was talking on the phone last night with "El Guapo" Bas Rutten, and one of the things we discussed was backyard brawler Kimbo Slice's upcoming MMA debut against former WBO world heavyweight boxing champ "Merciless" Ray Mercer (for which I am pleased to say I'm gonna be ringside). From what Bas told me, Kimbo is not lacking quality training these days!
Kimbo's management team contacted Bas some time ago and asked him to train the big guy. With Bas' schedule being as crazy as it is, Bas couldn't do it but set it up so that Kimbo could train with the LA Anacondas and Shawn Tompkins until they leave for Everett, WA to meet the Tigersharks on June 1. At that point Kimbo's gonna head over to Bas' "Elite MMA" club in Thousand Oaks, CA (elitemmagym.com) to hook up with their in-house boxing coach, Randy Kathami. And then when Bas gets back from the Washington IFL show, he will personally be training big Kimbo for a week!
Hearing all this has made me start looking at Kimbo as the favourite against Mercer, and my eyes will be glued to the cage on June 23 to see how this one unfolds!

http://www.paullazenby.com/ (http://www.paullazenby.com/2007/05/kimbo_slice_update.php#trackback)

Jeru
20-05-2007, 20:08
Aparte combinatie :D

Wie weet kan Rutten nog iets van hem maken ;)

Staat trouwens nog een een leuk stuk op die pagina :thup:

I CHANGED MY MIND--ANDY WANG IS A GOOF

Awhile back, I took The Ultimate Fighter 5's Gabe Reudiger and Andy Wang to task for being whining babies after having a golden opportunity laid at their feet. At the end of the entry, I added a qualifier that Wang had at least clawed back a little bit of respect by going on the Underground Forum at MMA.tv and admitting that he shouldn't have been sniveling like a little girl after losing his fight due to not listening to his coach. Sadly, it didn't take him long to throw what shreds of my respect he had regained to the four winds by acting like a proper ass this week.

Coach BJ Penn had finally had enough of Wang, and in an unprecedented move he called his troops together and publicly fired Wang from the team. This of course caused no small uproar, and in an effort to minimize the damage Dana White asked Jens Pulver if he was willing to take Wang on as an additional member. Jens consulted with his team and they were initially resistant to the idea, but upon hearing that the ousted member of Team Penn was Wang, they immediately did a collective 180 and enthusiastically agreed to accept him. That's when things got incredibly stupid.

Wang was called into an office with Pulver and White, and told of the second chance he was being given. At that point he began hemming and hawing, making it painfully obvious that he wasn't sure that he wanted to make the move to Team Pulver. He said that he'd made a commitment to Team Penn and that he felt like he had to see that commitment through. News flash, idiot--when you get FIRED from a team, that means that they don't WANT you and your obligation to them is no more!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing as White and Pulver actually had to try to sell Wang on the idea of accepting their more-than-generous offer (which carried with it an outside chance to get back in the mix for the UFC contract at stake)! In the end, White actually had to ORDER Wang to accept the change!

I hate to come off like the proverbial old man who walked ten miles through a snowstorm to school every day, but after what I went through during my fight career this kind of pathetic behaviour makes me sick! In 1997 I was living in my buddy's auto shop and doing most of my grappling training on the shop's concrete floor. From there I went to Japan and lived in an unheated corrugated metal shack, sleeping on a thin mat on the floor and having the shit kicked out of me by world champion fighters every day. And even though I spent my entire time there nursing a torn bicep, puking almost every day from exertion, and often thinking I was going to die, I never ONCE thought of quitting! I knew that many other guys would have done anything for the opportunity that I had been given, and I appreciated it.

I honestly think that the whining, ungrateful, overprivileged and disrespectful assholes who are showing up on The Ultimate Fighter with increasing regularity are going to spell the show's ruin. I know that the conflict they generate makes for good television, but to be honest they turn my stomach so much that if this is a sign of things to come, I might just take a pass on The Ultimate Fighter 6.

Andy Wang, you are a disgrace, and you in no way deserve to call yourself a true fighter.

Chico
20-05-2007, 22:22
kan me wel vinden in dat tweede stukkie :D

thrillseekah
20-05-2007, 23:43
I hate to come off like the proverbial old man who walked ten miles through a snowstorm to school every day

LOL

fedor
23-05-2007, 02:47
Ik zag op de site van elitemmagym het volgende staan:
Bas / Alistair Overeem
This Thursday - 1/3/2007 - at 10:00am Bas and Alistair Overeem will be doing a special MMA class.
Kunnen we hier uit afleiden dat Alistair wat trucs van gold 'old Bas aan het oppikken is ...?
(ben er ff een beetje uit geweest dus het zou kunnen dat ik dit gemist heb..)

Evilman
23-05-2007, 07:33
kwil die kimbo raw en natuurlijk zien..
niet met foefjes!

Dit moet lomp tegen lomp worden!
dit zuigt!