PDA

View Full Version : Minotauro interview

MB667
25-05-2007, 18:05
"I’m 30 years old and able to negotiate my own stuffs I know what is good to me, BTT is an excellent place for me to train"

Talking about the polemics

After the last facts about the career of Rodrigo Minotauro, the deal with the UFC and the polemic with the BTT team, the black belt participated of an exclusive interview to site TATAME and told us how he got into the UFC. “Anderson Silva gave me the contact of Dana White”, said Nogueira, who is waiting the return of Murilo Bustamante from to finish this polemic with the team. “When Murilo be back from we will talk about it and give a solution to all this misunderstanding”, said Minotauro. During the interview, he also analyzed the victory of Napăo under Cro Cop. “Napăo was perfect and he used a perfect strategy, he was superior during the whole bout”. Check out now the complete interview:

How you got your contract with UFC?

Anderson Silva got me in contact with Dana White about four months ago. But the proposal was made when I went to UFC Fight Night to help Roan Carneiro.

Why you made this decision to get a contract with UFC without BTT´s support?

I have to thank Anderson Silva, it was his idea and his manager Eddie also helped a lot. I’m 30 years old and able to negotiate my own stuffs I know what is good to me, BTT is an excellent place for me to train but I got this contract thru Anderson Silva and his manager.

It means that you are going out of BTT?

No. I didn’t take any decision to leave BTT. I’m waiting Master Murilo Bustamante arrives from ADCC. As soon as he arrives we will talk and set everything up. What happened is that I got the invitation of Mr. Dana White and couldn’t get in contact with BTT people before sign the contract, but I know it will be good to me and, if they are together with me, it will be good for them too.

In case you don’t came to an agreement and you leave BTT, will you made your own team?

I’m not thinking about that by now. As soon as Murilo returns from we will talk and came to an agreement.

How you evaluate Gonazaga´s win over Mirko?

Gonzaga was perfect and used a perfect strategy; He was superior during the whole fight. It was not just a kick. If He fights that way against Randy He has great chances to win. Gonzaga already proved in Brazil He is a top BJJ fighter and now He showed that He is also an excellent MMA fighter too.

Looks like Mirko had problems with UFC rules. How will you deal with elbows rules?

I started fighting MMA in the octagon. In the ring sometimes they stop the fight when it’s going out of the ring and that never happen in the octagon what is better for the one who looks for submissions. Elbows are not bad for me, because when the opponent tries to use elbows He will open space for my submission attacks. Also I never liked soccer kicks and stomps. I think that’s for street fights.

Is there anyone who you want to fight in UFC?

I’ll be ready to face anyone, but I always wanted to face Randy Couture who I really admire as a fighter. I saw him doing great fights with Victor, Liddell so I would love to face him.

Source: Tatame

Enjoy