PDA

View Full Version : wanderlei silva verklaard afwijzing partij vs chuck liddell

Jani
14-07-2007, 06:39
van wanderlei zijn website :

http://www.wanderleisilva.com.br/site/index.php

EDIT: Also posted on mma weekly:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4324&zoneid=13

Friday, July 13, 2007 - by Jeff Cain, Transcribed by Ivan Canello

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time"

The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true"

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."

goede reden van wandy
hopen op november dan maar!!!

Virus
14-07-2007, 06:50
Niet meer dan logisch imo...

Eerst orde op zaken en wennen, dan flink trainen en vervolgens knallen... :)

Tony
14-07-2007, 08:03
helemaal mee eensch...

waarom zou wand ook gaan knokken als ie niet in shape is... en dan ook nog eens tegen de ijsboer.

ik begrijp hem volledig.

chief108
14-07-2007, 08:57
wandy is cool...

laat hem maar lekker schuiven
de ijsboer mag vet uitkijken in november als wandy weer klaar is voor aktie

Emilio
14-07-2007, 10:30
laten we hopen op november :D

ik zie t nog altijd als een bad matchup voor wandy. Iedereen die juist achter chuck aangaat gets clipped.

DennK
14-07-2007, 10:37
duidelijk jah.. goeie reden!
we zullen zien in november dan!

Mickey
14-07-2007, 17:54
Aaaah! Dat verklaart het! Silva is gonna kick ass and chew bubblegum! And he's all out of gum!

Wheelie
14-07-2007, 18:11
Wanderlei Owned Chuck Liddell

Biiyen
14-07-2007, 20:44
Wanderlei Owned Chuck Liddell
x2
Wanderlei by murder

fedor
17-07-2007, 03:22
Als Chuck voorbij Keith komt tenminste ;)

remco pardoel
21-07-2007, 04:15
en trainen?
Rudimar zal toch niet mee verhuizen naar de USA??
of...