PDA

View Full Version : Sean Sherk positief getest op nandrolone

Yamato Damashii
20-07-2007, 06:41
SHERK TESTS POSITIVE

Sean Sherk, the reigning UFC World Lightweight Champion, who last competed on July 7, 2007 in Sacramento, has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite. He has been fined $2,500. His suspension period runs from the conclusion of his bout on July 7, 2007 through the remainder of his licensing year which is June 26, 2008. Furthermore, he has been assessed an additional 10 days in order to fulfill the terms of his suspension (365 total days). The additional days will be added at the beginning of his next licensing year when he reapplies.

Normal levels of Nandrolone range from 2 ng/mL (average person) to 6 ng/mL (athlete engaged in rigorous activity). Mr. Sherk's reported level certified by the Director of Science and Technology from the laboratory that conducted the tests was 12 ng/mL. Both the "A" sample and "B" sample were tested and confirmed as positive.

Bron:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4359&zoneid=2

Ben benieuwd of de UFC hem na een eventueel positieve contra-expertise strippen van zn titel en eruit knikkeren.

Biiyen
20-07-2007, 06:44
Tot zover dus Sherk Vs BJ Penn... Penn by Dokter stopage dus

Yamato Damashii
20-07-2007, 06:45
A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST **UPDATED

This statement was provided to MMAWeekly on behalf of Hermes Franca to address the positive drug test as found by the California State Athletic Commission after his bout with Sean Sherk at UFC 73:

In the next few days, the results from the California Commission will be released. The tests will show that I had a "banned substance" in my system.

I would like to apologize to my fans, the UFC, my students and family. I offer only an explanation and not an excuse. I made a decision during a difficult time in my training for the fight that I regret.

About 8 weeks out from the fight, I badly injured my ankle during a training session. For the following week I had rested it, rehabbed it and tried to work around the injury. It was obvious that I could not train as required.

I contacted the UFC and explained my injury and how I could not possibly train to the level I thought I would need in order to be properly prepared for my fight. I asked the UFC if we could push the fight out to the following UFC with the chance that it could happen. They explained that they could not do that and that the card had been set and it isnt as easy as just moving around a fight. I totally understood their position. They asked me to keep them informed should I not be able to fight.

I had not fought for 5 months. Fighting is literally how I put food on my wife and childs table and how I pay my bills. As a fighter though, even at this level, I live a simple life and I literally live from fight to fight. Not getting a paycheck for another few months and losing my chance to fight Sean for the title was overpowering. Fighting is the life I chose and I love it.

As a lightweight fighter, our purses are comparatively
small. The public sees the payouts. As lightweights, we do not pull down the money anything near the bigger guys. Its just the way it is. I think Sean fought and defended his title for less than $30,000. Its no ones fault, its just the market. I love the sport, I love the people in the
sport.

At this point I was desperate and needed anything I could to get my injury as close to healing as possible and be able to recover from the daily training regimen I was going through. I made the shortsighted choice to hopefully accelerate the healing process and allow me to keep training. Under the pressure of literally not being able to pay next months bills I made a choice. I had to fight and did whatever I could to do so.

I hope my fans, students, the UFC and the public accept my
sincere apology. Whatever punishment is dictated by the California Athletic Commission I will understand. I would like to get through this very difficult time and the times ahead and get back to fighting. All the best to my fans and much thanks to my family and friends that continue to support me during these times.

Hermes Franca

**Franca tested positive to Drostanolone. He has been fined $2500 and suspended through his licensing year which is July 5, 2008.

Bron:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4358&zoneid=13

bryan
20-07-2007, 07:02
hmm ok dat maakt het gevecht tenminste weer eerlijk ....
laten we eerlijk zijn... sporten op dat nivo kan niet zonder middelen..
al die andere zijn gewoon nog niet gepakt thats it...

Mickey
20-07-2007, 07:02
Allebei gebruikt, dus boeieh.. ;)

Ronald
20-07-2007, 07:24
Dat wordt een vacante titel denk ik...

Jani
20-07-2007, 07:51
alle 2 nog wel !!!
Echt bizarre (sherk met zijn 22 pilletjes per dag met die all access)

Dat wordt een vacante titel denk ik...

BJ PENN VS TAKANORI GOMI VOOR DE UFC LW TITLE !!!!

Bejito007
20-07-2007, 10:03
Kijk, dat zeg ik nou ook altijd tegen mensen die sporters (meestal wielrenners) aan de schandpaal willen nagelen: er wordt enorm veel druk op zulke mensen gelegd om constant aan een bijna bovenmenselijk niveau te presteren, het langdurig gebruik van zo'n middelen maakt het lichaam op lange termijn kapot, dus geheel blij zullen ze zelf ook niet zijn om zo'n zaken te ondernemen en tot slot: als bijna iedereen wel iets neemt, dan is het nog altijd het talent, het inzicht, de ingesteldheid, etc die de bovenhand neemt.

Emilio
20-07-2007, 10:50
lekker weer. :S

Sherk had hem ook zonder doping nog wel gepakt. Wat zou ik graag een reactie van Dana White zien. :D

en dat van de rekeningen moeten betalen vind ik altijd wel een makkelijk excuus. Volgens mij hoef je je als UFC LW champ echt geen zorgen te maken. t is misschien niet een ontzettende vetpot maar je zit gerust ruim boven het minima.

sebaksteen
20-07-2007, 14:32
Nandrolone, dat gedeelte lieten ze niet zien bij ALL ACCESS

stiffler
20-07-2007, 16:58
hier sta ik dan weer niet van te kijken!!

MB667
20-07-2007, 17:05
of iedereen of niemand, nu doen ze het beide dus bim bam boeien.

Mickey
20-07-2007, 17:29
Voor mij doet het verder geen afbreuk aan hoe Sean zich voorbereid op zijn gevechten.

bryan
20-07-2007, 17:55
Voor mij doet het verder geen afbreuk aan hoe Sean zich voorbereid op zijn gevechten.

inderdaad , ik zou dat nooit trekken al was ik doped up... tering wat gaat die gast tekeer

chief108
20-07-2007, 18:03
zeker niet...

nandrolone of niet
je moet het nog steeds allemaal zelf doen

Tony
20-07-2007, 18:37
helemaal mee eensch...

het wordt tijd dat de mensen minder naief gaan worden. presteren op top niveau in de mma wereld neemt een enorm zware tol op je lichaam. Spierherstellende middelen zijn bijna noodzakelijk.

en besides dat.. het is echt neit zo dat een sherk die middelen neemt zodat ie een grote big bad beast wordt (ala bob sapp of een WWE worstelaar)...

het is net zoals bij bodybuilding.. heel veel mensen walgen ervan.. al die "anabolen bobbies"... maar dit is toch precies wat eht publiek wilt...

als al die bodybuilders 80 kilo wegen en gewoon gespierd zijn dan komt er geen hond op af... ze willen perse zo'n onmenselijke jay cutler of ronnie coleman zien van 140+ kilo....

we doen het ons zelf aan.

MB667
20-07-2007, 18:43
zo is het bij elke vorm van topsport.

chief108
20-07-2007, 18:45
helemaal mee eensch...

het wordt tijd dat de mensen minder naief gaan worden. presteren op top niveau in de mma wereld neemt een enorm zware tol op je lichaam. Spierherstellende middelen zijn bijna noodzakelijk.

en besides dat.. het is echt neit zo dat een sherk die middelen neemt zodat ie een grote big bad beast wordt (ala bob sapp of een WWE worstelaar)...

precies...
ze gebruiken die spullen heel anders als BBers
die gebruiken het om te groeien en te groeien

in sporten zoals MMA wordt het voornameljik gebruikt om langer en harder te kunnen trainen

new_world_order
20-07-2007, 20:27
Hoe je het ook went of keert, ik vind het toch vals spelen. who cares dat ze beide aan de juice zaten. Je vecht met je lichaam en als je dan spullen nodig hebt om je lichaam sterker te maken of wat dan ook vind ik dat wel minder.

FOCUS
20-07-2007, 21:04
zo hee,

ik ben echt onaangenaam verrast door dit bericht.
Je zou haast denken dat het meer gebeurd, doping.
stelletje valsspelers.
wat ben ik teleurgesteld in Sherk, zonder die doping bakt hij er natuurlijk helemaal niets van.
Boehoe...

new_world_order
20-07-2007, 21:13
^^^^

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/2e548b35_71484417_a9bf4ce234_b.jpg

viCo
20-07-2007, 21:36
22 pillen per dag, sick!