PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Quotes gezocht

Jochem
13-08-2007, 10:54
Ik ben op zoek naar een stuk of 25-50 quotes enigzins met betrekking tot MA. Wel belangrijk is dat je de auteur erbij weet. Voel je vrij om er 1 toe te voegen!

I am a shark and the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to SWIM."
- JJ Machado

Your mind is like a parachute.. It works best when it is open.
- Rickson Gracie

The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.
- Sun Tzu

Chico
13-08-2007, 11:35
niet mixed martials arts,.. maar toch ff voor je gezocht..

http://www.urbin.net/EWW/sigs/ma-sigs.html

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art32435.asp

http://www.mvkarate.com/library/insights/martial_arts_quotes_collection.htm

moet zeggen dat ik deze wel heel goed vind..

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
~ Unknown

chief108
13-08-2007, 19:32
is al een hele thread met MMA quotes:
http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=73223&highlight=quotes

:rolleyes:

Biiyen
13-08-2007, 19:47
I Promise violence - Wanderlei Silve das mijn favo hahaha

Jochem
13-08-2007, 20:54
is al een hele thread met MMA quotes:
http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=73223&highlight=quotes

:rolleyes:

hehe jeah, maar ik bedoelde wat serieuzere quotes. Was wel weer funny om te lezen trouwens :D

Jochem
13-08-2007, 21:08
nog wel een hoop goeie, thx

"There is no better way to die, than to die in the midst of a battle, fighting to the very end......like a man." -Enson Inoue

"The ground is my ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." -The Machado brothers, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu experts.

"A black belt only covers two inches of your ass, you have to cover the rest." -Royce Gracie

"I will get my respect or I will die." -Ken Shamrock

"My style is that when I get into the ring, I never assume that I will win before I actually do. The only thing I am confident in is myself. I think to assume that you are going to win before the fight even begins is an insult to your opponent. I've always thought so and I always will." -Emelianko Fedor

"I fight because I like it." -Kazushi Sakuraba

"If it works, don't change." -Royce Gracie

"Blood is just red sweat." Enson Inoue as tattoed on his back.

"Prepare yourself for the worst and the best will always happen." -Tito Ortiz

"The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it is open." -Rickson Gracie

"It's actually the samurai spirit, which is 'no fear and never give up." -Enson Inoue

"It's about having confidence in yourself. I'm not afraid of that man across from me." -Ken Shamrock

"I was born to fight." -K-1 Kickboxer Andy Hug

"You put the Devil on the other side and I will come to fight." -Royce Gracie

"I just keep going until he dies." -Phillip Miller

"Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man." -Enson Inoue.

"In Brazil, it's our culture to fight. At school we learn Judo and Jiu-Jitsu. It's a culture about fighting." -Mario Sperry.

"A knock out is an accidental win." -Helio Gracie.

"Boxer guys are very tough and they play a very tough game, but its a game. Karate guys, tae kwon doe guys, kickboxers or judo guys, they are very tough guys and a lot of heart and a lot of training, but its very specifically as a sport. It's not a fight. A fight is everything goes." -Rickson Gracie

"Conditioning is my best weapon." -Frank Shamrock

"At least one time in your life, train with the will to die." -Enson Inoue

"My strategy is just to attack, attack and attack." -Don Frye

"I promise violence" -Vanderlei Silva

"The idea of jiu-jitsu is to give the little guy a chance to beat the big guy." -Royce Gracie

"Pain is temporary. Pride is forever." -Enson Inoue.

Briant
13-08-2007, 21:15
http://www.judoinfo.com/quotes1.htm
http://www.judoinfo.com/quotes2.htm
http://www.judoinfo.com/quotes3.htm
http://www.judoinfo.com/quotes4.htm

Glen
13-08-2007, 21:22
"Blood is just red sweat."

Wow...

Yamato Damashii
13-08-2007, 22:10
"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
- Aristotle

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress”
- Frederick Douglas

“If size mattered, the elephant would be king of the jungle.”
- Rickson Gracie

“History has demonstrated most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.”
- B.C. Forbes

“Pain is temporary, giving up is forever.”
- Lance Armstrong

“The greatest courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.”
- Robert Ingersoll

“Never celebrate your victory until it is assured; for in any battle scenario, there is always one variable you cannot predict.”
- Julius Caesar

Niet echt MA gerelateerd, maar goed:
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Ik vind de slogans van de laatste reclames van Nike ook mooi:
“Training is a necessary evil, if you want to be evil.”

“No one trains to be number 2”

En nog een paar waarvan ik de auteur niet ken:

"To perform like a champion, you must train like one."

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is."

Chico
13-08-2007, 22:16
in de film "million dollar baby" hangen er ook overal van die gezegdes in de gym waar ze trainen :D

chief108
13-08-2007, 22:27
in de film "million dollar baby" hangen er ook overal van die gezegdes in de gym waar ze trainen :D
da's zo fucking amerikaans... :wink:

op Musician's Institute hingen in elk klaslokaal ook allemaal van die "motiverende one liners" van bekende muzikanten

Tony Galento
13-08-2007, 22:29
M'n linkse is dodelijk en van m'n rechtse ben ik zelf bang...

Kenneth Hart (bokser)

(volgens mij heeft Koen Scharrenberg deze meesterlijke quote ooit opgetekend, ik weet niet meer precies waar ik het heb gelezen)

Chico
13-08-2007, 22:35
da's zo fucking amerikaans... :wink:

op Musician's Institute hingen in elk klaslokaal ook allemaal van die "motiverende one liners" van bekende muzikanten
yepz.. zal ze zelf ook niet in de dojo ophangen... maar er hangen leuke oneliners :D

amilster
13-08-2007, 22:41
"consistency is the key to succes in any discipline"

Barry Lee (Ving-Chun instructeur)

The Bulldog
13-08-2007, 22:48
mijn rechter trap brengt ja naar het ziekenhuis, mijn linker op het kerkhof - Cro cop

fireblade900
13-08-2007, 23:05
Als ie niet wil kloppen dan breek je zijn arm! - By Jochem Branderhorst @ Ede

KO TKO
13-08-2007, 23:24
"A man with one year training in boxing and wrestling can beat any martial artist with 15 years of experience" - Bruce Lee

The best don't rest - Randy Couture

Winning isn't everything.....it's the only thing! - Vince Lombardi ( American football's coach )

"The mind will quit before the body will."

" I spend hundreds of hours in the gym to just spend 30 seconds in the ring." - MIKE TYSON

"...luck is when preparation meets opportunity." - Ken Shamrock

joost
14-08-2007, 05:48
"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye". Bas Rutten

Fasada
14-08-2007, 08:31
"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless like water. Now, you put water into cup, it becomes a cup; put it into a teapot, it becomes a teapot. Now, water can flow, or crash. Be water my friend"
Bruce Lee....

Zocht er één van Muhammed Ali maar kwam deze via een site tegen.. dan maar alles posten..

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing.
Muhammad Ali

Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.
Muhammad Ali

At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far.
Muhammad Ali

Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.
Muhammad Ali

Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
Muhammad Ali

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Muhammad Ali

Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life.
Muhammad Ali

Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
Muhammad Ali

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
Muhammad Ali

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
Muhammad Ali

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Muhammad Ali

I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own.
Muhammad Ali

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
Muhammad Ali

I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace.
Muhammad Ali

I figure I'll be champ for about ten years and then I'll let my brother take over - like the Kennedys down in Washington.
Muhammad Ali

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.
Muhammad Ali

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
Muhammad Ali

I know I got it made while the masses of black people are catchin' hell, but as long as they ain't free, I ain't free.
Muhammad Ali

I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.
Muhammad Ali

I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.
Muhammad Ali

I run on the road, long before I dance under the lights.
Muhammad Ali

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.
Muhammad Ali

I'll be floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.
Muhammad Ali

I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.
Muhammad Ali

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.
Muhammad Ali

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.
Muhammad Ali

I'm the best. I just haven't played yet.
Muhammad Ali

I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.
Muhammad Ali

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
Muhammad Ali

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.
Muhammad Ali

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.
Muhammad Ali

It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.
Muhammad Ali

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Muhammad Ali

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.
Muhammad Ali

It's not bragging if you can back it up.
Muhammad Ali

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
Muhammad Ali

Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don't let yourself believe it will happen to you.
Muhammad Ali

Love is a net that catches hearts like a fish.
Muhammad Ali

My toughest fight was with my first wife.
Muhammad Ali

My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world.
Muhammad Ali

No one knows what to say in the loser's locker room.
Muhammad Ali

Old age is just a record of one's whole life.
Muhammad Ali

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
Muhammad Ali

Only the nose knows, Where the nose goes, When the door close.
Muhammad Ali

Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths.
Muhammad Ali

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
Muhammad Ali

Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.
Muhammad Ali

Superman don't need no seat belt.
Muhammad Ali

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
Muhammad Ali

The man who has no imagination has no wings.
Muhammad Ali

The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.
Muhammad Ali

There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.
Muhammad Ali

To be able to give away riches is mandatory if you wish to possess them. This is the only way that you will be truly rich.
Muhammad Ali

Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.
Muhammad Ali

We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.
Muhammad Ali

What keeps me going is goals.
Muhammad Ali

When you are as great as I am it is hard to be humble.
Muhammad Ali

When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.
Muhammad Ali

micha
14-08-2007, 17:11
Heath Herring: I heard his elbow pop....

BBC
14-08-2007, 22:56
Yesterday, I murdered a house
I injured a brick
I'm so bad...
I make medicine sick.

The greatest (M. Ali)

Chuck was right, Knock out in the frst!
Quinton Jackson

It's not about the dog in the fight, it's about the fight in the dog!
weet niet precies wie

Pain is just weakness leaving your body

Emilio
14-08-2007, 22:57
Never give up, be strong in your life - Igor Vovchanchyn

redjuh
15-08-2007, 00:23
MMA draagt bij aan de verislamisering van onze maatschappij... G. Wilders

chief108
15-08-2007, 00:30
Hyves is Gay - Chief108

redjuh
15-08-2007, 00:37
no you're gay~ mr garisson

Biiyen
15-08-2007, 04:33
Mike Tyson... De man heeft me toch boute uitspraken gedaan.

* "I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him [Lennox Lewis]. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children."

* “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

* "He was screaming like my wife."

* "I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

cholitzu
15-08-2007, 10:11
I dont fear the man who did thousands techniques a few times.

I fear the man who did a handful of techniques thousands of times.

"Some wise old man"

chief108
15-08-2007, 18:27
LOL @ de Tyson quotes :w00t: