PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Emelianenko waarsch. níet naar UFC

lopez86
21-08-2007, 09:11
Alexander Emelianenko Unlikely Headed to the UFC Soon

Posted by UFC Junkie on August 20, 2007 at 3:49 pm ET
--> http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/08/20/alexander-emelianenko-unlikely-headed-to-the-ufc-soon/ (http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/08/20/alexander-emelianenko-unlikely-headed-to-the-ufc-soon/)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5889/070820alexanderemelianevo7.jpg

Despite the UFC’s recent influx of heavyweight talent — including Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum — one fighter that probably won’t be added to the mix is Alexander Emelianenko, a top-ranked heavyweight and the younger brother of MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko.

Emelianenko, who owns an 11-3 career record (including a 6-2 mark in PRIDE Fighting Championships), recently discussed his fighting future with the site mixfight.ru, and the Russian made no mention of the UFC as a possible destination.

According to the translated interview:

Q: Hi, Alexander. I’d like to know in which mma-events you are going to participate, how and where you prepare for them?
A: I train in St. Petersburg in the Red Devil team. At the moment there are no fights planned for me. There are some negotiations going on about my next fight in Japan, maybe even in September.

The fact that the UFC didn’t come up in the conversation isn’t surprising. Although Alexander’s brother Fedor has been in constant communication with the UFC about a possible contract, Alexander’s name has only surfaced when Fedor’s manager said he wants some of the fighter’s Red Devil teammates — including Alexander — also signed to contracts.

UFC president Dana White recently stated that he’s in contact with Fedor’s management daily, but as of yet, no deal has been signed (or even rumored to be close to completion).

Alexander appearing to be afterthought in the process is a bit surprising, considering he’s a legitimate top 10 or 15 heavyweight in the world. White has said he wants the UFC to have the world’s best fighters (and he’s delivered quite well in recent months). With previous wins over UFC fighter Assuerio Silva, Sergey Kharitonov and James Thompson, Alexander would be just that.

Heel toevallig houd K-1 Hero's een evenement in september...
Nu Fedor waarsch. bij hero's tekent is het niet onwaarsch. dat Alexander dat ook doet.

MB667
21-08-2007, 16:34
Mooi! Er zullen dadelijk hoop ik op den duur veel meer nieuwe ufc (en oude ufc?) vechters naar de K1 gaan nu Fedor daar ook gaat tekenen.

Tony
21-08-2007, 17:01
Ik denk niet dat vechters in de rij staan om tegen fedor te mogen knokken :)

MB667
21-08-2007, 17:42
Denk dat oa Minotauro toch anders had gekozen als hij wist dat Fedor naar hero's zou gaan....

Biiyen
21-08-2007, 18:42
Alexander gaat net als de rest van Red Devil en Fedor naar Hero's. Idd je krijgt nu even een grote battle omde UFC belt en daarna gaan de toppers met ballen naar Hero's om op Fedor te hunten. Mooi toch?