PDA

View Full Version : Hughes en Lawler verlaten Miletich

Chico
02-09-2007, 05:29
van het forum van de tracker
--------------------

MATT HUGHES AND ROBBIE LAWLER LEAVING THE NEST

Former UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes has left Miletich Fighting Systems, the team that helped develop him into a champion and the fighter he is today. The most dominant welterweight in UFC history plans on starting a gym in southern Illinois that would be closer to his home.

“From what Matt told me, he was offered a good financial deal to do it,” revealed Pat Miletich. “Also, he’s away from his family a lot so he wanted to be closer to Hillsborough, Ill., which is close to St. Louis [where the new gym is expected to be located].

“I don’t blame him. He’s been training up here 8-9 years. It’s not easy being away from your family all the time, so I don’t blame him. I wish him good luck and hope it goes well for him. We had a lot of good years. I’m sad to see him go.”

Alongside Matt Hughes, “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler has left the Miletich camp to help the former champion in his new venture.

“I think Rob was offered a financial deal to train there. I wouldn’t blame Rob for taking the money either; something he feels is wise for his family. Whatever people think is best for them; I’m going to support them. That’s just the way it is. Obviously I’m sad to see him go. Rob’s been with me since he was, I think, sixteen. That’s the natural progression. Sometimes certain people get to the point where they feel it’s time to leave the nest; do things on their own. I have no problem with that. That’s the way it goes. I don’t run a cult, you know what I mean?”

Lawler is currently preparing at MFS for his fight against Chute Boxe’s Mauricio “Ninja” Rua at the next EliteXC on Sept. 15 in Hawaii. “Rob’s here training for ‘Ninja’ right now. Rob asked if he could train here and I said of course,” stated Miletich.

Matt Hughes looks to reclaim his welterweight belt at UFC 79 when he takes on Matt “The Terror” Serra. Hughes lost the title when he was stopped by George St-Pierre with strikes back in November of last year. Since then, the Illinois resident has rebounded with a win over Chris Lytle at UFC 68.

In the first defense of his new belt, Georges St-Pierre was defeated by Ultimate Fighter 4 winner Matt Serra in one of the biggest upsets in UFC history. Shortly after, UFC President Dana White announced that Serra and Hughes would be the new coaches on the next installment of The Ultimate Fighter and would face each other after the end of the televised season.
============

MilfhunterMMA
02-09-2007, 08:44
huh? mauricio "ninja" rua? lol

Chico
02-09-2007, 08:55
haha... was me niet eens opgevallen... :D

Wheelie
02-09-2007, 19:27
Wel cool hope Miletich er mee omgaat