PDA

View Full Version : kort interview alistair overeem

MB667
17-09-2007, 18:38
Alistair Overeem Choice to Sign with Hero's

Q: On his choice to sign with HERO'S
A: I've been fighting in Japan since I was 19, and I like fighting in Japan. I think HERO'S has potential. I want to be the HW champion of HERO'S and make a bigger name for myself.

Q: Kharitonov is a very tough fighter. What is your approach going to be?
A: I trained very hard and trained smart. I'm ahead of Kharitonov in every aspect: heart(yes, that's what it says:lol: I am NOT making this up!!), technique, striking, and on the ground. It's going to be impossible for him to win.

Q: Kharitonov mentioned that he dislocated his shoulder and couldn't continue to fight back in the first match in PRIDE lst year. What are your thoughts on this?
A: His shoulder got dislocated as I took him down. It wasn't an accident. It was me that dislocated it. Watch what I'm going to do to him this time

Q: HERO'S is an MMA brand, but FEG also runs K-1. Do you have any plans to fight in K-1?

A: I'm focusing on MMA, but I'd like to give it a shot at least once since I also train Muay Thai and boxing.

Q: It has been said that you had a hard time in PRIDE fighting in the MW division. Will this not be an issue with you fighting in the HERO'S HW division?

A: I normally walk around at 99kg. Cutting to 93kg(205lbs) made me weak and kept me from training for power since weight training would increase my weight. The weight limit for HERO's is 100kg. Since there are guys weighing 110, 115kg, I am going to have to bulk up. I think 105kg would be just right for me. Emelianenko Fedor and Mirko Crocop are also around 105kg. 105kg is my natural weight, and I think I'd be able to beat anyone at this weight.

Q: Conditioning seems to be one hole in your game. Would this not be an issue if you don't have to cut weight?

A: Ask me that after watching me fight on Monday.

FOCUS
17-09-2007, 22:19
hij heeft er zin in:)

rene37
18-09-2007, 01:10
hij heeft er zin in:)
Ik heb er ook zin an... Go Alistair!

Fr3ddy
18-09-2007, 01:46
Euhm, de partij was al afgelopen voordat jullie je post neergezet hadden :P

Evilman
18-09-2007, 01:48
Qua carrieremogelijkheden is K1 heros n goeie keus..
ik denk dat ie in de ufc t veel te lastig zou hebben.

nu maar s kijken wat er terecht komt tegen sergey (a)

Highline
18-09-2007, 01:50
is al geweest zoals ferry zegt ;)

Evilman
18-09-2007, 01:53
weet ik.. maar daar kun je hier niets over zeggen ;)
zie de: (A)