PDA

View Full Version : interview josh barnett

wrestler_nl
12-11-2007, 16:24
He's a top Heavyweight in mixed martial arts and he's been on a hiatus since Pride was sold. Josh Barnett is a Heavyweight that a lot of MMA fans would like to see against some of the other top Heavyweights but that won't happen until Barnett finds a home. So what's going on with him, who has thrown out offers, and what has he been doing since we last seen him in the ring? Barnett answers this as well as his take on the Randy Couture/UFC situation and a lot more. Always an entertainer, Barnett battles the flu but still keeps a great sense of humor.

LC- This is Luis Cruz joined by "The Baby Faced Assassin" and a top Heavyweight contender in MMA, Josh Barnett. Josh how are you and what have you been up to lately?
JB- Helping train and corner a lot of fighters as of late and apparently getting the flu in the process.
LC- That sucks. With EliteXC and M-1 trying to stake claim as the next big threat to the UFC, have they attempted to contact you at all? If so, were they any offers that intrigued you?
JB- I have listened to many offers and all of them have something that interest me in some way, be it opponents or money but I haven’t signed yet so I am still waiting for the right one.
LC- What are your thoughts on Mark Cuban getting involved in MMA, he seems like a real down to earth and fan friendly guy?
JB- I had a good conversation with Mark at his first event and he seems to know at the very least how to treat his talent. For a first event they did a great job handling us and the locker rooms, the way it should be. I think if he keeps up the treatment that he showed us then he will do very well on the side of the talent. I don’t know how far he intends to take it but he could have a very solid promotion if wants to.
LC- Any idea of when, where, and who you could possibly fight next?
JB- My next fights are in Japan, pro wrestling December 20th for the IGF and a catch wrestling match December 22nd for Pancrase.
LC- Most MMA fans feel there are two major threats to Fedor's reign and those being Randy Couture and yourself. While most feel this fight should have happened in Pride already, instead of some of the opponents he faced like Zulu, do you think this is a good chance it can take place now with all the issues of Randy Couture's contract with the UFC?
JB- I don’t think Randy will be fighting Fedor anytime soon unless it happens in the UFC and they iron out their differences, but for me fighting Fedor right now is not as important as finding a good home.
LC- Speaking of Randy real quick, what are your thoughts on everything going on with that. From what you know, who do you feel is at fault, Randy or UFC/Dana?
JB- From my experience in dealing with the UFC in the past I would be likely to believe Randy. I remember having issue with the way they handled me and my people when I fought for them. With Randy they actually have a long history of difficulties so this must be major for Randy to call it quits.
LC- How do you think a bout between Randy and Fedor goes?
JB- I see it as Texas-strap match with Randy winning by DQ after Nikita Koloff and Nikolai Volkoff run-in and they all start beating on Randy and choking him with the strap. But Sgt. Slaughter and Hacksaw Jim Duggan will come to Randy’s aid.
LC- [Laughs] What do you think about a rematch between yourself and Randy?
JB- I think it puts asses in the seats and eyes glued to the tube. The place goes silent when I german suplex him through a table though. I’d seriously like to see how that goes. He says he is the best he’s ever been and he is calling Fedor to fight, but you may notice he isn’t rushing to get a fight with me to avenge his loss.
LC- Is there anyone else you'd like to face before you call it a career?
JB- Alexander Karelin.
LC- Interesting pick. How long do you see yourself competing before retiring from this sport or is there any specific timeframe you're looking at retiring by?
JB- Who knows? All I hope is that I can continue to fight not because I have to but because I want to.
LC- What about your pro wrestling career, are you looking to continue doing that for a while?
JB- As long as my body can hold up.
LC- What is your opinion of today's pro wrestling scene in the states and overseas?
JB- I don’t watch it in the US so I can’t really say, but in Japan it has really taken some serious blows in the past 5 years. I hope with the IGF I can help put more interest back in to the wrestling scene in Japan by bringing back the seriousness and intensity it has been lacking.
LC- Do you have any interest in going Hollywood as Randy is trying to do?
JB- Never acted before but I would like to give it a shot at least. But I know where I make my money, smashing faces in.
LC- There's more money in Hollywood if you make it. Give me your opinion on some of these guys, kind of a word association. First Wanderlei Silva?
JB- High Strung.
LC- Quickly, what's your prediction for Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva?
JB- A KO via an errant hook.
LC- Next is Tim Sylvia.
JB- Baby Huey.
LC- Andrei Arlovski.
JB- Soap Opera Vampire.
LC- [Laughs] Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, same fighter or changed fighter?
JB- In a slump but the real guy I am sure is still there.
LC- Rashad Evans.
JB- Cuba Gooding’s stunt double.
LC- [Laughs] Houston Alexander.
JB- Brainchild from the X-men
LC- You're on a roll. Brock Lesnar.
JB- Brock Smash!
LC- Dana White.
JB- Megalomaniacal.
LC- This segment is a 'Favorites' segment. Just tell me your favorite of each category.
LC- Movie of all time?
JB- Blade Runner.
LC- Food?
JB- BBQ.
LC- TV Show?
JB- Cowboy Bebop.
LC- Music band?
JB- Bolt Thrower.
LC- MMA fight? (Doesn't have to be one of yours)
JB- Gary Albright vs. Nobuhiko Takada.
LC- This is 'Get2Know Josh', a question unrelated to MMA. What was the happiest moment of your life?
JB- Not much in my life that is not MMA related, but doing launches in our drag cars with my Dad.
LC- Anything you want to say to your fans awaiting your return?
JB- I know many have waited patiently for my return but when I come back it will all be worth it.
LC- Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for us Josh. We look forward to seeing you back in the ring or cage, wherever it may be. Take care.
JB- No sweat.
http://hacnews.com/joshbarnett.jpg

smike
12-11-2007, 16:41
Hij doet gangster :D

De man van 14K
12-11-2007, 17:50
Josh is cool, ik zie die knakker graag weer een keer knokken