PDA

View Full Version : Nieuwe interview met Emelianenko's trainer

michaell
22-11-2007, 18:25
Vladimir Voronov (the headcoach of Fedor and Alexander Emelianenko) shared his impressions on a trip to Canada and told us about future fights of Red Devil fighters.

http://www.mixfight.ru/info/interviews/2007/11/22/Vladimir-Voronov-interview/

Evilman
22-11-2007, 21:12
thnx. wel kort zeg.
maarja :p

michaell
22-11-2007, 22:13
Het is erg brede interview want wanneer je aan Vladimir Voronov vragen stelt krijg een word of twee als een antwoord :)

Slome
22-11-2007, 22:28
dit is wat Fedor te melden heeft:

Questions for the Fedor Emelianenko Press Conference:
Why did you not sign with the UFC?

The UFC has greatly helped the sport of Mixed Martial Arts and for that they should be commended. But this sport is bigger than the UFC and I wanted to do something different that would put the focus back on the athletes. I wanted to play a role in something larger than one company; I wanted to create a way where the best fighters in the world can fight each other regardless of their affiliation.
Was it because of your family wanting to stay in Russia?

Russia is my home and where I train but I am willing to go anywhere to fight the best fights. I have many supporters all over the world and with M-1, they will be able to see me in person as I plan to fight around the world.
What did the UFC offer you? Was it not enough money? Are you receiving more money with M-1?

Money is always an issue, but it was not the only issue. I wanted a voice and a say in my future. I want to have a say in where the sport is going. M-1 allows me to have a voice in the future of the sport. Money is important to feed and cloth my family, but my signing was about respect and competition. There are many great heavyweights all over the world and I want to fight them. M-1 Global will create these match-ups and bring them to MMA fans all over the world.
Did you not sign with the UFC because of Dana White?

No, I have actually never met the man. The UFC’s primary focus appears to be the US. Some of the best fighters are not in the US and I want to not be limited to fighting within one structure.
Would you fight Randy Couture if given the chance?

Yes, I want to fight Randy. He is the UFC Champion regardless of his resignation.– he is the second best fighter in the world (laughing). No, I have a great deal of respect for Randy. He is a great champion and a great ambassador for the sport. The fans deserve to see this fight and to not wait years for it to happen. I see no reason why I shouldn’t be able to fight Randy by the end of 2008. It is good for the fans, good for the sport, and good for the fighters.

Slome
25-11-2007, 23:46
dit is wat Fedor te melden heeft:

Would you fight Randy Couture if given the chance?

Yes, I want to fight Randy. He is the UFC Champion regardless of his resignation.– he is the second best fighter in the world (laughing). No, I have a great deal of respect for Randy. He is a great champion and a great ambassador for the sport. The fans deserve to see this fight and to not wait years for it to happen. I see no reason why I shouldn’t be able to fight Randy by the end of 2008. It is good for the fans, good for the sport, and good for the fighters.

Maar hoe en waneer? Geen geruchten.meer.. Dit moet min. binnen 1 jaar plaats vinden anders zal dit gevecht er nooit van komen....

michaell
26-11-2007, 03:33
Ligt aan UFC als ze hun kampioen willen laten gaan tegen Fedor vechten wat ik vrees noot zal gebeuren...
Tenzij Couture's contract afloopt en hij zelf naar M-1 gaat...
We weten helaas niet hoe ziijn contract in elkaar zit.