PDA

View Full Version : GSP vs Matt hughes 3 !!!!!

Jani
25-11-2007, 09:07
In the UFC, when one door closes, another opens, and on December 29th, that adage will ring true once against when Matt Hughes battles Georges St-Pierre for the interim UFC Welterweight Championship in the main event of UFC 79: Nemesis, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

St-Pierre replaces UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Serra, who was forced to withdraw from his bout with Hughes last week due to a herniated disc in his back.

“Obviously, the loss of Matt Serra was brutal, but the great thing about the UFC is that we can put together great fights like Hughes-St-Pierre at a moment’s notice and bounce right back,” said UFC President Dana White. “I have the utmost respect for both Hughes and St-Pierre for stepping up for this fight, and not only are the fans going to see two of the greatest welterweights of all-time settle their score in a rubber match, but they're going to do it in a five round interim title fight, and the winner is going to face off next year against Matt Serra for the undisputed title.”

Hughes and St-Pierre are no strangers to one another, having fought twice with vastly different results. In their first bout at UFC 50 in October of 2004, Hughes won the vacant welterweight crown with a first round submission victory. In their November 2006 rematch, St-Pierre evened the score with a second round TKO of Hughes to win the 170-pound title. On December 29th, the two will settle matters once and for all.

“I’m so excited to get this fight,” said St-Pierre. “I’m fighting Matt Hughes for the interim title right now, and then after that I’m going to go after Serra. I’ve wanted that rematch against Serra, and this is the best scenario that can happen.”

Waiting in the wings will be the champion, Serra, who will have an odd rooting interest that night.

“I can’t believe the position this puts me in,” said the New Yorker, who won the title from St-Pierre and was looking forward to settling the score with the man he has been coaching against and trading barbs with on the sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, Hughes. “I’m actually rooting for Matt Hughes so I can beat his ass.”

gsp op ko !!!!!!

Video GSP HL_0001 - riddum, GSP - Dailymotion Share Your Videos (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/gsp/video/x1qidj_gsp-hl0001_sport)

Jeru
25-11-2007, 09:11
Mooie partij hoor, maar waarom steeds die rematches? Bedenk eens iets nieuws...

Chico
25-11-2007, 09:34
“I’m actually rooting for Matt Hughes so I can beat his ass.”
lol :D

hoop dat gsp wint... goede allround vechter... hughes is nog steeds redelijk 1 dimensionaal

Emilio
25-11-2007, 11:04
vet hoor!

ja Serra weet het leuk te brengen. Hij is gewoon bang dat hij geen succesvolle titledefense heeft tegen gsp.

Ronald
25-11-2007, 11:30
Serra heeft last van een blessure en er volgt gelijk een interim title match? Vreemd hoor. Ik snap het wel vanuit commercieel oogpunt: GSP is de beste vervanger voor Serra, en GSP kan niet tegen Hughes knokken als het nergens om gaat... maar toch. Jammer dat soort Japanse regeltjes.

el bastardo
25-11-2007, 11:35
Mooie partij hoor, maar waarom steeds die rematches? Bedenk eens iets nieuws...
2x Er zijn toch genoeg mensen die Hughes partij kunnen bieden. Hoe dan ook mooie partij.

tom l
25-11-2007, 17:49
Ik vind het klote. Ik was echt enorm aan het uitkijken naar Serra VS Hughes. Nu krijgen we terug GSP VS Hughes, voor de derde keer...Ok, het zal wel weer een goede match worden, maar ik hoop dat GSP verliest, ook al vind ik Hughes maar niets. Ik wil echt graag Serra VS Hughes zien en niet terug GSP VS Serra.