PDA

View Full Version : KlasH 4: Bastien Huveneers vs Hans Stringer/Pre-Fight Interview

Guytje
04-12-2007, 17:30
OP 16 december gaat het gebeuren. Stringer vs Huveneers. Wordt een pittige partij tussen twé grote talenten in de -90kg klasse. Interview met Huveneers werd een zeer leuk gesprek en de man is duidelijk niet op z'n mondje gevallen. Wat altijd voor leuke interviews zorgt natuurlijk.

INTERVIEW

Hi Bastien, how are you?
I m doing alright thank you dude…

16 december, big fight coming up?

Yep , my buddy told me about it and I kinda accepted without asking to many questions… but I m psyched… it s been a while and I wanna get rollin’

How is the preparation evolving?
It s going pretty good,.. I had some great thai boxing training in Thailand 3 months ago that dramatically improved my striking skills and since I got this contract I ve been training at a BJJ Belgian club in Brussels where several people are motivated to train some MMA. i m just having fun training really…

Are you looking forward to fight Hans Stringer ? And why?

Well, I donno who it is (he doesn t know who I m …) and off course I m use to situations where the opponent changes the day before the fight.. So I try
not to worry to much about who… but I ll do my best to give him a hell of a fight… hopefully we ll do a good and clean fight. I ve heard of him as a really good fighter,.. so I ll do my best.

What kind of martial arts background do you have?
I began with BJJ, grappling here in Belgium,.. carried on doing BJJ in Canada (Vancouver) , trained a lot of freestyle wrestling in university (SFU- Vancouver) , then got asked to do a MMA fight by my coach while I was working at the door of my nightclub… I accepted,.. and liked the feeling. So I decided to do more MMA. I trained MMA with Adam Ryan team (Marcus Soares affiliated) in vancouver. When I came back in Belgium I started to train again with the Belgian club I knew until I manage to re-immigrate back in Canada. I also when to Thailand to train some Muay thai… and I hope to be able to return there asap and as often as possible… it s kinda a dream .. Thailand kicks ass!!! So in short: mostly BJJ grappling.. I m more a grappler than a striker .. but I try to improve my weaknesses.

What is your biggest achievement in MMA up till now and what are your goals.
I really donno what to say…
for the future?
I hope to re-immigrate in Canada, join back my team and start training hard again over there… where I ve the connection know a lot of people and where MMA PAYS!!!! It s a real business over there and people would put me on the map I think. Start my life back again… hopefully go back often in Thailand for some kick ass Thai boxing training (+the lifestyle over there... a fighter’s paradise.
My goal is off course to make it in MMA get a real contract,.. more money a life of intense training and make a real job out of it… kinda hard in Belgium..

What are your favourite fighters in MMA and why?
Fedor (because he s a freak of nature,.. a pure technitian and a physical wonder), wanderle(because he s crazy and scares the shit outa me), Kid (killer bee), Quinton Jackson (he s a monster and he loves to pound people down…plus he s a great fighter), Minautauro (BJJ number 1, and he proves it),… Denis Kang (because It s my buddy and he s really good, kicks my ass anyday)

Any message for Hans Stringer regarding the fight of 16 december? I ve heard you re a real though dude… real technical and very good on the ground. Good for ya! I m coming for ya dude… let s have a clean fight! I ll be ready to kick ass, I hope you re ready for this.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Any last words for the fans?
I hope you ll enjoy this… I ll do my best to give you a good show.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to see you fight in KlasH Champions Battlefield.

Tx.. no worries!
Bas