PDA

View Full Version : New Andrei Arlovski interview

wrestler_nl
10-12-2007, 13:41
MMAmania.com recently caught up with the Chicago-based fighter during an exclusive interview to find out more about his current fight status, when we can expect him to return, what he’s been doing to keep focused and busy, and much more.

MMAmania.com: Finish this sentence: I’m currently not fighting in the UFC and I have no immediate fight scheduled because the UFC …

Andrei Arlovski: … put me on the bench.

MMAmania.com: Do you have contact with other UFC fighters? If so, have they been supportive of your current situation?

Andrei Arlovski: Yes, I do talk with other UFC fighters but I do not discuss my contract or personal business with them.

MMAmania.com: Aside from Tim Sylvia, you haven’t lost since 2002. Do you think the criticisms of Sylvia/Arlovski 3 and Werdum/Arlovski are unfair based on your previous accomplishments?

Andrei Arlovski: First I don’t think the fight with Werdum was bad. I followed my teams instructions to win and Dana had promised me a fight for a title if I won. I was not ready for a jiu-jitsu match and prefer to strike so it went how it did. We looked for a title fight.

MMAmania.com: Give us your take on the Randy Couture situation.

Andrei Arlovski: Couture he is very intelligent and smart fighter. In my opinion, he knows what he is doing.

MMAmania.com: As that story unfolded, was there any point in time when you felt like you could relate?

Andrei Arlovski: I think everyone can somewhat be in his situation.

MMAmania.com: You’ve been in the UFC for years and have been one of its biggest, most bankable stars even before the sport started to explode. Now that it is so big it seems like the UFC perhaps isn’t grateful for your services like Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes, etc. Is there some favoritism going on and does that in anyway affect your desire to want to continue the relationship with the UFC?

Andrei Arlovski: There are a lot of great fighters including myself that have helped this sport grow.

MMAmania.com: Fedor Emelianenko is now representing M-1 Global and as of late the M-1 executives have been scrambling to locate a worthy opponent. Has anyone from that organization contacted you or your agent?

Andrei Arlovski: I have one more more fight with the UFC and I am focused on training for that fight … when they call.

MMAmania.com: What do you think of Fedor’s decision to not join the UFC?

Andrei Arlovski: I guess somebody offered him more money and better terms than the UFC. He is a great fighter, but I am sure it was a business decision.
MMAmania.com: Tell us how a fight between Andrei and Fedor would turn out.

Andrei Arlovski: He is a great fighter. He has a perfect record … but nobody is unbeatable.

MMAmania.com: What is your opinion on the influx of former PRIDE fighters to the UFC?

Andrei Arlovski: So far, only Anderson Silva and Rampage have done well in the UFC (I think). I think Anderson Sivla will be champion in his weight class for a very long time.

MMAmania.com: If Joe Silva called you tomorrow and offered you the chance to fight any heavyweight in the UFC, who would you choose?

Andrei Arlovski: My first choice would be to fight the current heavyweight title holder. My second choice would be Tim Sylvia … one more time.

MMAmania.com: What is most important to you as a professional fighter: winning the match or putting forth a sensational performance?

Andrei Arlovski: It is kind of a trick question. But I am there to win. When I fight, if there is a chance have an amazing fight of course I want that.

MMAmania.com: Tell us how you ended up on The Jerry Springer Show and what the UFC had to say about it.

Andrei Arlovski: The show contacted me because they are starting a series of celebrities that will be able to “act” as security. It worked out well because I got to partner again with one of my sponsors, SOYO TV and my line of Pitbull TV’s. Going on the show was a lot of fun for everyone and I am glad I went. I got a lot of positive feedback from my fans on my MySpace and Web site.

MMAmania.com: What skills or talents do you have outside of MMA? What would you be doing if you were not a fighter?

Andrei Arlovski: I have a high education from the police academy in Belarus. I can become a lot of different things from the degree. Right now I am focused on getting the belt back, that is it.

MMAmania.com: Has the UFC contacted you about challenging for the vacant heavyweight title? Is there any interest in fighting “Big Nog” in the future? How would that go?

Andrei Arlovski: No, they have not contacted me about the heavyweight title or any real fights for that case. Of course I am interested. I want to fight big names and the best fighters. Big Nog is a great fighter with great jiu-jitsu and striking. I am training very hard on my technique in each discipline with great trainers every day. I train to win. I don’t plan on losing anytime soon. I will be heavyweight champion again … very soon. I promise.

MMAmania.com: When does your contract expire in 2008? Will you extend the contract before it is up? Have you been contacted about at least fighting before it’s up? Any idea who are you fighting next?

Andrei Arlovski: It expires April 15, 2008. I have no idea when or who I will be fighting next but hopefully I will know soon.

MMAmania.com: What fight makes the most sense for your career right now, looking at the recent influx of talent in the division, provided you can’t get a shot at the vacant strap?

Andrei Arlovski: There are a lot of great fighters in the heavyweight division right now. I would like to fight some big name. Or Tim Sylvia one more time.

MMAmania.com: What message do you have for your fans who are waiting patiently for your return?

Andrei Arlovski: I want to thank them for their continued support. It helps me when I am training to know that they still believe in me and that they want to see me fight again.

MMAmania.com: Okay champ that’s it. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Best of luck in the future and in your next fight … whenever that may be.

Andrei Arlovski: Thank you for this interview.

http://www.ufcdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/andrei-arlovski.jpg

The Persian Killer
10-12-2007, 14:17
mooie interview man.thankss

wowwwwwwwww THE PITBULL ... Andrei Arlovskiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

YoMarK
10-12-2007, 14:52
1 partij gevochten dit jaar. Jammer van al dat talent.