PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes over Tim Sylvia

dimitri
28-12-2007, 11:28
MATT HUGHES releases his autobiography "Made in America" next month, and we're running a series of exclusive extracts from the book all mixed martial arts fans are talking about.

In our second snippet, the UFC’s most dominant champion reveals all about his relationship with Tim Sylvia...

“Tim Sylvia walked over to me during practice. His back was hunched a bit, like Pat’s is, but Pat I could look in the face.

‘Can I talk to you a second?’ he asked.

“Sure thing.” He led me into an office and we sat down on two chairs.

“No one here’s got a problem with me except you,” he began.

“When I first started, Jens would say I’m a fat piece of s*** who’s never going to amount to anything, and he’d get me crying, but now even Jens likes me. Is there a problem?”

He was waiting for me to tell him there was a big misunderstanding or to apologise, like I wasn’t aware of what I was doing.

“Yeah, I really don’t like you,” I told him.

“Is there a reason why?”

“I don’t think you’re a team player and I don’t think you work very hard,” I said.

“How am I not a team player?”

“Remember that whole thing with that girl?” I reminded him.

He waved those ridiculously long arms of his in the air. “They weren’t even going out!”

“Yeah, but you knew that your teammate had a thing for her and you went for it anyway. But I don’t even care about that. I’m talking more about training.

“When somebody’s got a fight coming up, everybody tries to make sure the guy’s got some training partners to get ready.

“Everybody tries but you. Your first priority is always Tim, and I don’t think that’s a good attitude.”

I wasn’t angry or even annoyed. I had as much emotion as if I were talking about the contents of a fridge.

“I don’t think you work very hard either. You’re a little sore and you don’t come in.

“Jens, who’s a champion, has been sore and he comes in. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been sore.

“No one’s ever going to be 100 percent. You just suck it up and you do it, period.”

I didn’t care one way or another what he said in response – I assumed he’d get defensive or angry.

But he didn’t; he was reasonable.

“I’m actually hurt to hear you say that. I’ve been a huge fan of yours for a long time and I’ve been trying to model myself on some of your work ethics, and the way Jens works out and stuff like that, and it’s too bad you feel like this.

“There’s nothing more that I want than to be accepted by you and the rest of the guys.”

“You don’t become accepted by buying yourself a ticket to Vegas, following us around while we’re there when no one really invited you, and then crying – again – when Jens calls you out on it.”

“Is there anything I can do to be friends with you?”

“Well, right now I have enough friends and I don’t need any more friends,” I said. “Is that it? Are we done here?”

He let out a deep breath. “Yeah, I guess.”

“Good.” I got up and left.

The Bulldog
28-12-2007, 12:02
uhmmmm oke?!?!?

nicolas the red
28-12-2007, 12:17
haha miletich soap opera

BBC
28-12-2007, 12:19
En dat is de fantastische, begripvolle, warme coach Matt Hughes. Afrekenen met teammates in biografieën, classy.:thown:

dimitri
28-12-2007, 12:27
En dat is de fantastische, begripvolle, warme coach Matt Hughes. Afrekenen met teammates in biografieën, classy.:thown:

Grappig ook dat hij Sylvia verwijt geen team player te zijn, en dan rustig de vuile was over een team mate buitenhangt in zijn biografie.

bryan
28-12-2007, 19:02
hughes sucks... hoop dat GSP hem sloopt

YoMarK
28-12-2007, 19:10
Dat hoop ik ook.
Alhoewel Hughes gewoon beregoed is, denk ik dat dat ook gaat gebeuren.