PDA

View Full Version : 2 maart: Slamm!! IV Anuwat Kaewsamrit vs Liam Harrisson ???

payap
04-01-2008, 17:35
Anuwat Kaewsamrit is een vechter die op eenzame hoogte staat. In Thailand heeft hij alles gewonnen wat er te winnen is en in vele gevallen zelfs meerdere malen. Kampioen van het Lumpinee stadion, 4 x kampioen van het Rajadamnern stadion, 2 x vechter van het jaar in Thailand, wereldkampioen muaythai bij de WBC enz enz enz.

http://www.prakong.pl/images/news/anuwat1.jpg
Anuwat Kaewsamrit

Twee keer hebben wij al kunnen genieten van de Thaise superster die vuisten van staal heeft. Op Slamm!! Nederland vs Thailand III versloeg hij Hassan Ait Bassou op ko. In oktober vocht hij nog in Belgie op “One night in Bangkok”. Tegenstander Benshimed ging, net als Ait Bassou, ook ko in de 2e ronde tegen deze gevreesde Anuwat.

Op 2 mei zal Anuwat wederom in Nederland te bewonderen zijn op Slamm!! Nederland vs Thailand IV! Alleen tegen wie? Welke vechter zal ook maar enigszins een kans maken tegen deze man?

Gedacht wordt nu om toch buiten onze grenzen te kijken naar een vechter die enigszins een kans maakt. Nadeel natuurlijk dat het geen landgenoot is maar wellicht wel een spannender partij opleverd. Kandidaat is de Engelsman Liam Harrisson. Een vechter die meer dan 18 maanden in Thailand verbleef, trainde en partijen draaide! Geschoold op de thaise stijl MET ellebogen en partijen op zijn naam in Thailand, Rajadamnern en Lumpinee stadion en wereldwijd tegen Thaise vechters als Thailand Pinsinchai, Sagatdao, jaroenchap en Namphon. Verder vocht hij nog diverse partijen in japan

http://www.chokemuay.com/images/LHarrison.04.JPG
Liam HArrisson in Thailand

Deze Namphon P.K. Stereo was de regerend wereldkampioen bij de bekende WMC. In zijn laatste partij versloeg Liam Harrisson echter deze top Thai op 25 november en won daarmee de wereldkamptitel van de WMC.

http://www.badcompany.co.uk/uploaded_images/SkenNov07b.jpg
Liam Harrisson, wereldkampioen WMC tegen Namphon

De ranglijst van de WMC met de titel die nu voor Liam Harrisson is:

Champion: Nampon P.K.Sterio

Title received on Thursday August 17 ,2007 by Winning Over Nuephet Sakhomsin by Point at Rajchadamnern Stadium.

1. Jareanchai Kezagym
2. Atthachai Fairtext
3. Phetni Sit Or
4. Tuanthong Sor Pumpanmuang
5. Bovee Sor Audomsorn

LIAM HARRISSON VS ANUWAT KAEWSAMRIT op 2 maart????

Een goede match??

hieronder een interview met Liam harrisson:

Liam Harrison is currently one of the hottest tickets in Muay Thai. His confident, positive fighting style makes him a “must see” fighter and his strength and determination make his often top of the bill fights explosive and eventful occasions.

On May the 28th 2007 he gave Fight News Unlimited the privilege of an interview.

FNU: How old are you ?

LIAM: I’m 21, 22 in October

FNU: Where are you from ?

LIAM: I’m from Leeds (England) I train at Bad Company Gym in Leeds and Jitti Gym in Bangkok.

FNU: How long have you been involved in Thai Boxing ?

LIAM: About 8 years now, I started when I was 13 I had my first fight when I was 14.

FNU: How many fights have you had altogether ?

LIAM: My next one’s in a month at the Bad Company show at Leeds Town Hall that’ll be my 45th or 46th fight I’m not quite sure it’s around that.

FNU: How many of those have you won? What’s your record ?

LIAM: It’s about 38 wins, 2 draw, 5 losses I think something like that.

FNU: So who is it you’re fighting next month and how do you think it’ll go ?

LIAM: Numphon PK stereo, he’s currently the number one ranked lightweight at Rajadamnern stadium. It’s going to be a tough fight, I’ll have to be at the top of my game but I think I can beat him.

FNU: What accolades, titles have you got ?

LIAM: I’ve been ranked number one in Great Britain since I was 17, I’m in the WBC world rankings at number 12, I’m WPMF World Champion and before all those I won a British and European title as well.

FNU: What weight do you fight at ?

LIAM: My best weight’s probably 61.5 to 63.5 kg, but I have been known to take fights as high as 69 kg as well. My strongest weight’s probably 63 to be honest.

FNU: So at the age of 21 what do you see for the future ? How do you see your career as a fighter going ?

LIAM: Well there’s more money coming into the sport at the moment, so hopefully now even though I’ve had 45 fights it should just be taking off with money from TV coverage and sponsorship the sport is really starting to take a big step forwards. Hopefully with the money coming into the sport I can actually make a decent living from it.

FNU: What’s that, Muay Thai or K1?

LIAM: Both really. Although K1 is where the big money is, the money in Muay Thai is getting a bit better as well. I’ve got a couple of decent sponsors so I pick up a bit of money there. I was meant to fight K1 last month but the Japanese guy pulled out with only a week to go so it was bit late to find a replacement, but they are making a couple of new weight divisions in the K1 at 60 kg and 80 kg so hopefully if I can cut a bit of weight and see what happens at 60 kg and get in the mainstream over there in Japan.

FNU: Europeans are always going to be fighting more in Europe than in Thailand, you’ve fought in both places. What’s the difference to an outsider between fighting in Europe and fighting in Thailand ?

LIAM: Well fighting in Europe against another European it’s totally different, the Thai’s are just made different. They’re up every day from 6 or 8 years old training every day and night so when you come across a top stadium fighter in Thailand it is like clinching or hitting a piece of steel. They are absolutely the strongest people you will come across. If you are going to beat a top Thai you have to be on the top of your game. In Thailand it’s a bit different fighting out there when there’s two thousand gamblers cheering for the Thai they’ve bet money on as opposed to over here where you’ve got 200 people cheering you on, willing you to win. It’s a bit of a weird experience like the Lion’s Den.

FNU: How far have you got with your fights in Thailand ?

LIAM: I’ve had about 11 fights out there now. The only people I’ve ever lost to I’ve had five losses on my record and they’re all against Thais. I’ve had two against the current Rajadamnern Champion at 63 kg, I lost a Rajadamnern Champion from a couple of years ago, I’ve lost Duwao Comudorn who’s beaten Anuwrat (Kaewsamrit) twice and I was the only person ever to drop Duwao, he’s had 150 fights and fought all the big names, he’s never been down, I dropped him in the second round but he got himself back in the fight and won on points. I’ve never been stopped, I’ve never been beaten badly. I’ve always given a tough, close fight. It’s just when you come against the top Thais they’ve had 150 fights in every different style. They know how to win a fight, not just win it they can often just nick it, they know how to just pip you at the post without getting hurt, but I think with a few more fights under my belt I might be able to get the better of them. I think in a couple more years I will be beating these top names.

FNU: AS a fighter what do you see as your strengths ?

LIAM: I like to think I can adapt my game to any style, but to be honest my strong points are walking forward, strong punches, strong kicks. Against the Thai’s you’re not really going to out clinch a Thai, they’re so clever. A top Thai is very clever, you’re never going to out kick them, you’ve got to get them on their back foot. You have got to hurt them to beat them, dig in, dig your punches in, dig your kicks in that’s the way to beat them. There’s no westerner really out there who’s going to out point or outscore a top 10 fighter, you’ve got to just grit your teeth, walk forward and push and fight hard.

FNU: Who are your influences or heroes ? Who do you look up to ?

LIAM: In the last couple of years my current Thai trainers are Singdaeng Kietdee and Rajasak Sor Vorapin. After hearing their records 2 or three hundred fights, both of them were three time champions neither of them were ever knocked out. To go 200 fights and never get knocked out it’s ridiculous really when you’re thinking of punches elbows and knees all coming at you. My current favourite fighter who I look up to is Bukauw Por Pramot , Anuwrat Kaewsamrit, Bukauw’s currently doing well in the K1 at the moment, they’re the men I really aspire to.

http://liveu-07.vo.llnwd.net/vidilife/image/2006/10/1/941218/1215407L.jpg

FNU: What do you think you’d be doing if you weren’t Thai boxing ?

LIAM: I used to be a really good footballer. I had trials at Leeds, Barnsley, and Sheffield Wednesday but I never quite made the cut. I still sneak in the odd game now and then, I know I shouldn’t because of injury. It would be something to do with sport anyway.

FNU: what are your interests outside Thai boxing ?

LIAM: It is my life really so when I’m not at the gym fighting I’m here training the other fighters and obviously I enjoy going out with my mates. I’m only 21 years old I enjoy going out, having the odd drink, the odd celebration when I’m not fighting but Muay Thai does take up my life to be fair.

FNU: What do you think you’ll do when you stop fighting ?

LIAM: Probably see how far I can go as a good teacher. Possibly one day open my own gym who knows, I’m just going with the flow at the minute see what happens.

FNU: Is there anyone you want to say hello to ?

LIAM: I’ll give a shout out to everyone at Bad Company, Richard Smith who brought me from a cheeky 13 year old when I walked into the gym to the World Champion that I am today.

Fr3ddy
14-01-2008, 01:52
Lijkt me een goede match up.. ik zie niet echt een Nederlander in dat gewicht die een betere kans maakt.

payap
14-01-2008, 14:04
Het is toch een nederlandse vechter geworden. Dit omdat veel mensen graag een nederlander zien vechten en neit twee buitenalnders tegen alkaar.

het wordt nu een rematch tussen Hassan Ait BAssou en Anuwat Kaewsamrit. Verlden keer won Anuwat op tko 2. Mede doordat de trainers bij een down van Hassan in de ring stapten en dan is volgene de regels de aprtij over.

Hassan is er van overtuigd dat hij er meer uit kan halen tegen Anuwat en wou graag deze rematch

Line up:

NEDERLAND VS THAILAND

Andy Souwer VS Yodsaenklai Fairtex

Menno Dijkstra VS Samranchai 96Penang

Hassan Ait Bassou VS Anuwat Kaewsamrit

Marco Pique VS Malaipet Sasiprapa

Rachid Bellaini VS Saenchai Sor Kingstar

TBA VS Naruphon Fairtex

SUPERBOUTS

Anthony Kane VS Thanit On

Ginty Vrede VS Rody Troost

Germaine de Randamie VS MAria Verheye