PDA

View Full Version : brock lesnar

Evilman
25-01-2008, 12:43
klinkt heftig...

Thompson On Training With Brock Lesnar:

When he first came in, one of his sparring partners didn't show up so I agreed to fill in. And I'm weighing 200 (pounds) at this point, so I'm fairly big. Not his size by any means, but he hadn't been boxing at all and I've gone with plenty of heavyweights before and know that they're slow. Even good heavyweights that can move fast and can stick and move. So I said, "I'll fill-in for ya." So I went to jab, which is my best punch by far, and he went to jab and his was quicker than mine. So I'm like, "Okay, I'm in some trouble here." Well, I get inside and use head movement and kind of dirty box with him.

So I get inside and he throws a hook -- and I fully covered the hook, and it still sent me half-way across the ring. So now I'm really like, "Aw, I don't know what to do. So I guess I'll set up a shot." So I throw a one-two and I shoot in and get nice and deep on his leg, and that bastard kneed me on the back of the head! Which, you know, the guy is 60 pounds heavier than me and kneeing me in the back of the head at practice.

So I get up and I'm pissed. I'm yelling "What are you doing? I'm filling in trying to help you get ready and help you train, and you knee me in the back of the head?" So I'm going on and on and my coach calls me over and goes, "Uh Nick, you shot in and he just kind of back-handed you on the side of the head. It wasn't a knee and it wasn't even that hard." So I'm like, "Well, that will be the end of me sparring with Brock Lesnar." (laughs)

Thompson On Brock Lesnar's Chances Against Frank Mir:

I don't like the matchup for a wrestler's second matchup. Mir is a former world champion and he's got good jiu-jitsu. And traditionally that's not someone you want a wrestler going against. That being said, I've never seen someone as athletic, a big man as athletic -- frankly, anyone as athletic as Brock, much less a heavyweight.

And I think the thing that has really impressed me about Lesnar is normally when someone with his credentials comes into a gym, they usually want to do things their way and they don't really listen. He's been the complete opposite. He came in and said, "I want to learn. I'm a blank slate, teach me." And think if you combine his athleticism with his wrestling background and with that attitude and I really think he's going to go far in this sport. I think that begins on February 2.

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2008/1 ... 4393.shtml (http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2008/123/brock_lesnar_314393.shtml)

redjuh
25-01-2008, 16:52
Lesnar PWN3D