PDA

View Full Version : Randy Couture Predicts Victory for Tim Sylvia

cholitzu
02-02-2008, 01:38
http://mmajunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/071012couture.jpg (http://mmajunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/071012couture.jpg)

In a little less than a week, former champions Tim Sylvia and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will meet in the main event of UFC 81 for the UFC’s interim heavyweight title. And the current title holder’s predicting a victory for the UFC vet.
Our buddy Jose Rodriguez of the Calgary Sun (http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?x=blogs&d=blogs&s=scrapyard&p=6) recently spoke to current UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture about the upcoming Sylvia-Nogueira fight. Couture resigned from the organization this past October and now finds himself dealing with a lawsuit over the matter, but that didn’t keep him from weighing in on next week’s fight.
UFC 81 takes place Feb. 2 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
Couture likes Nogueira’s chances on the ground; he gives Sylvia the nod on their feet. As for a prediction, though, Couture thinks Nogueira’s most recent performance will be the deciding factor.
“I think it’s going to be a good fight,” Couture said. “I’m a fan of the sport first and foremost. I think it’s an interesting match-up. Nogueira’s strength tends to be on the ground and in the submission game, and Tim is just a long, strong, hard-to-take-down guy who’s got great striking abilities. It’s a classic match-up and for the interim title, so they both have a lot on the line.
“I like Tim’s chances in that fight given Nogueira’s performance against Heath Herring in the last fight. I like Sylvia in a stoppage of some kind.“
Sylvia (24-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) has gone to a decision in four of his past five victories. However, his first four UFC wins all came via stoppage — three by knockout.
In addition to the Sylvia-Nogueira fight, Couture spoke to the Calgary Sun (http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?x=blogs&d=blogs&s=scrapyard&p=6) about his current legal situation with the UFC. It appears the UFC is now trying to keep Couture from cornering his Xtreme Couture fighters in other fight promotions.
Couture has recently been at HDNet Fights and International Fight League events to corner his guys, and while the UFC is trying to halt him from going to any other event (saying it violates the terms of his contract), he says he’ll be in Canada later this week to corner Mike Pyle at a Hardcore Championship Fighting event.
“There’s no merit in (stopping me),” Couture said. “It’s just a ploy on the UFC’s part to drag me down and force me to spend money and I’m sure they think if they force me to spend enough money, I’ll have to come back and fight. That’s not really the case.“

bron:mmajunky

Hoop niet dat hij gelijk krijgt....ik zie Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira deze partij liever winnen !!

Godshands
02-02-2008, 04:00
Wie niet :D

cholitzu
02-02-2008, 04:23
Godshands: Wie niet :D

Tim Sylvia misschien?;)

The Bulldog
02-02-2008, 10:43
ik zou wat betreft de upsets het wel leuk vinden als Silva wint...

Zie het eerlijk gezegt niet gebeuren, maar goed...

leks
02-02-2008, 12:39
Tsja Randy heeft wel vaak gelijk maar Sylvia Nog stoppen euh das gewoon poeppraat, ik zou niet weten hoe, ff de odds checken ms zet ik ook wel wat echt geld in.

Chico
02-02-2008, 15:07
tja dat zeiden we ook over gonzaga vs crocop..

hoop echt dat ie een keer ongelijk heeft maar randy is vaak onpoint wat dat betreft

Dutch Dynamite
02-02-2008, 15:47
Ik hoop dat Nogeuira hem in 30 seconden submit, ben niet zo kapot van die Sylvia, denk dat Nogeuira hem wel pakt, weet t bijna zeker ;)

Solar
02-02-2008, 16:29
Couture heeft anders geen VCash ingezet op Sylvia :D

Vincentino
02-02-2008, 17:21
Nee, het klopt ook niet dat ie het vaak goed heeft. Toevallig die keer met Cro Cop- Gonzaga. De vorige keer had ie er geeneen goed en meestal heeft ie er maar1 of 2 goed. Verder zegt ie nooit over een vechter waar hij zelf van heeft gewonnen dat ie gaat verliezen, tenzij die vechter tegen een teammaat gaat. Dus no worries jongens jullie kunnen gerust all in op Nogueira met je v-cash(netals ik)!

YoMarK
02-02-2008, 17:42
Couture heeft het wel vrij vaak goed. Las laatst ergens dat het nu 30-14 ofzo was(30 goed, 14 fout) qua voorspellingen.

Ik denk dat Sylvia Nog gaat TKO-en. Nog is nooit zo sterk geweest in takedowns, en ik zie Nog Sylvia gewoon niet verslaan staand.
Ik hoop dat ik het verkeerd heb, want ik ben een enorme PRIDE fan.
Wat me wel een beetje hoop(in de kwaliteiten van pride vechters) geeft was Werdum Gonzaga laatst.

Vincentino
02-02-2008, 18:10
Ja ik ben er ook niet helemaal op gerust, maar ik zie Nog eerder Sylvia naar de grond nemen dan dat ie knock out gaat. Ik denk ook dat nog staand iets beter zal blijker en net iets harder slaat dan waar sylvia op rekend. Ik hoop gewoon op een flying scissor heel hook meteen na de bel, dan kan ik tenminste een beetje op tijd slapen. Maar ik denk dat nog hem in ronde 3 pakt met een submission.

14 van de 30 is niet zo sterk vind ik oftewel de helft van de tijd heeft ie het goed dan, dat kan ik ook nog wel denk ik :).

Laten we dat is uittesten, ik zeg: Lesnar, Nogueira, Marquard, Yundt, Tibeau, Heath, Eastman, Nakamura, Lythle(beter heb ik er in elk geval een goed!)