PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva wil boksen tegen Roy Jones jr

Jani
11-03-2008, 09:59
Since joining the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship less than two years ago, middleweight champion Anderson Silva has all but cleaned house. He debuted with a dismantling of highly touted Ultimate Fighter alumnus Chris Leben, immediately captured the title from then-champion Rich Franklin, and hasn’t looked back since.

He fended off challenges by Ultimate Fighter season four winner Travis Lutter and seven-time King of Pancrase Nate Marquardt, before once again stopping Franklin. Most recently, at UFC 82, he submitted former Pride champion Dan Henderson to solidify his position as the No. 1 middleweight in the world.

In short, Silva appears unstoppable.

There are still challenges for him to face in the Octagon – Yushin Okami springs immediately to mind and a much touted drop to welterweight to challenge Georges St. Pierre – but he may soon be looking to another challenge, outside of his chosen sport.

“Anderson really would love to fight Roy Jones, Jr. in a boxing match,” says his manager, Ed Soares, confirming recent speculation. “It’s not just talk, we really would like to put that fight together.”

That’s not to say the Silva discounts Jones’ abilities. Both he and Jones are often argued as being the best pound-for-pound fighter in their respective sports. But Silva feels that fighters in mixed martial arts are often unjustly criticized as not being as technically proficient as their boxing counterparts, a misconception that he would like to dispel.

“We respect Jones’ boxing ability and think he’s one of the best,” said Soares, “but we’re tired of different boxers saying that MMA fighters aren’t technical. Anderson would love to fight Roy Jones in a boxing match under boxing rules to prove that MMA fighters are technical, too.”

There has been much chatter in the past about Jones stepping into the Octagon to fight; something that he spoke to BoxingScene.com’s Mark Vester about last year, saying, “Now, I can't get on the ground and start wrestling because I know nothing about that. But if I hit him before he gets to the ground, he's not going to get up and have the chance to wrestle."

Unlike many boxers, Jones has actually had a lot of positives to say about the sport, as he told Vester, “UFC is the best fighting the best and that’s what boxing has to do. If you are an ultimate fighter, you are going to fight someone who is going to fight. In UFC, if you lose to a good fighter, you lost, you still know you are good fighter, and you come back the next day and fight again. In boxing, if you lose and that's it. You are done. I lose a few fights, they want to tell me I'm washed up and I don't have it no more."

Thus far though, Jones hasn’t commented about fighting a mixed martial artist on his terms, in his ring. Whether it ever becomes a reality or not, it is a fight that would surely be marquee both for boxing aficionados and mixed martial arts purists alike.

respect dat silva het aandurft,jones is niet meer de ouwe.
maar ik denk zeker dat silva dit niet gaat trekken.
YouTube - Roy Jones JR Tribute Full Video VERSION TWO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-e7_yxQpg&feature=related)

bryan
11-03-2008, 10:06
Zijn 2 totaal versschillende spelletjes...en hier gaat de clinch hem niet redden.. zou het niet doen als ik hem was.. roy mag dan oud zijn, maar met silva zal hij geen pronbleem hebben

Mack
11-03-2008, 10:19
Ik hoop dat Silva weet dat je niet mag knieen en lowkicken in een bokswedstrijd

Marco
11-03-2008, 14:01
die partij komt er toch niet, Jones wil nog tegen Hopkins, Calzaghe en misschien Taylor voor veel bucks en dan kapt ie ermee denk ik.

Nopain85
11-03-2008, 14:56
Roy jones is snel klaar met silva in een boks wedstrijd

FOCUS
11-03-2008, 15:58
prachtspeculatie

Guillermo
11-03-2008, 16:02
Kijk Silva moet nu niet naast zijn schoenen gaan lopen hoor, van Roy jones wint ie niet. Die gast slaat hem van hier tot ginder. Knees aint gonna save him :whistling:

dimitri
11-03-2008, 16:48
Beetje te optimistisch van Silva als hij denkt dat hij dat rekt.

Tsuki
11-03-2008, 17:09
FAIL ........................

sven.
11-03-2008, 17:32
tegen een bokser als roy jones ret hij het nooit in een boks wedstrijd hij ken het beter in een kickbox wedstrijd probeere dan mag hij tenminste die knieen en trappe van hem nog gebruiken.

11-03-2008, 20:04
silva gaat ko binnen 3rd op zeker!! laat m lekker tegen een van die boksers uit de contender usa vechten...die hebben bekendheid en skills. lijkt me leuk om hem een keer een bokspartij tegen een van hen te zien draaien.

wrestler_nl
11-03-2008, 20:12
[quote=Marco;518369]die partij komt er toch niet, quote]

x2

Briant
11-03-2008, 23:13
Als de partij er komt zal het me niets verbazen als Anderson Silva het goed gaat goed en misschien wel wint. Het is namelijk een beest en hij kan erg goed boksen.

Nopain85
12-03-2008, 00:14
Als de partij er komt zal het me niets verbazen als Anderson Silva het goed gaat goed en misschien wel wint. Het is namelijk een beest en hij kan erg goed boksen.

Een grap neem ik aan?

lopez86
12-03-2008, 09:21
Een grap neem ik aan?

x2?
Roy Jones slaat m alle kanten op.

m12
12-03-2008, 15:54
jones speelt met hem gek !

Jeru
12-03-2008, 15:55
Kan me niet voorstellen dat ie dat meent. In een bokspartij... compleet kansloos man.

dimitri
12-03-2008, 17:34

Roy Jones Jr kan ietwat beter boksen dan "erg goed".