PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Florian vervangt Joe Rogan @ UFC 83

wrestler_nl
06-04-2008, 16:49
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/6029-KennyFlorian_TeamKenFlo.jpg
When the Ultimate Fighting Championship debuts in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on April 19, lightweight contender Kenny Florian will be a part of the show, but not as a fighter for this particular event. He will instead join lead commentator Mike Goldberg in the broadcast booth and serve as color man for the pay-per-view.

“I’ll be commentating actually, start to finish, my first, my debut as the co-commentator,” said Florian on MMAWeekly Radio Friday night. “I’ll be there with Goldie. Goldie will be leading the way; he’ll be the quarterback. I’ll be the kind of back up.”

Florian, who helped with the play-by-play of the main event fight between Roger Huerta and Clay Guida last December, will assume the duties of color commentator because regular color man, Joe Rogan, had previous obligations and will be unable to attend.

“Bad for him, good for me,” Florian joked about Rogan’s absence from the show.

The Boston native, fresh off of a TKO win over Joe Lauzon at UFC Fight Night 13, regularly joins MMAWeekly Radio as a special correspondent to analyze all of the UFC fight cards.

“I’m looking forward to it. It’s not only going to be a tremendous night of fights, but it will be a great experience for me to get in there and commentate and watch these amazing fights real up close and do what I normally do on the couch, and yell and scream, except do it on TV,” Florian stated.

The main event of UFC 83 will feature a rematch between current welterweight champion Matt Serra and the man he defeated for the belt, interim champion, Georges St. Pierre. The show is already set to be the largest live audience to ever attend a UFC event.

(mmaweekly.com)