PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Liddell vecht niet op UFC 85

FightingDutchman
22-04-2008, 11:39
Ik las op de website van de UFC dat de main event van UFC 85 niet door kan gaan wegens een gescheurde hamstring van Liddell. En als dat inderdaad zijn been is dan kan ik me er wel iets bij voorstellen ;) Ziet er niet helemaal 100% uit...! :

CHUCK LIDDELL INJURED; FORCED TO WITHDRAW FROM UFC® 85

The Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organisation
announced today that Chuck Liddell has been forced to withdraw from the UFC 85 event. Liddell tore his hamstring last week while training for his June 7 bout with undefeated light heavyweight Rashad Evans.

"Unfortunately, Chuck Liddell tore his right hamstring during training last week, and being the warrior that he is, he still wanted to fight, which is the reason why everyone in the world loves him," said Dana White, UFC President. "But I wouldn't let anyone fight with his leg looking that way. Let him heal and come back and fight when he is 100 percent."

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&s=74026625-1422-0E8C-9A858D0261A662B8.jpg&rs=95&q=75&x=-1&y=-3&w=475&h=325&ro=0

el bastardo
22-04-2008, 11:59
Ouch!

Tony
22-04-2008, 12:06
Als dat echt is...
Dan idd niet vechten.. laten genezen.. en 100% terugkeren.

Eelco
22-04-2008, 12:18
:eek:

chief108
22-04-2008, 12:27
:eek:
x2 :eek: :eek:

Dutch Dynamite
22-04-2008, 12:33
wow das echt een blessure zeg!

Paganstars
22-04-2008, 12:35
LMAO @ Dana; "And that's why everybody in the world loves him!" Yeah right....

nicolas the red
22-04-2008, 12:48
what the hell... ben ik ff blij dat ik uiteindelijk toch niet ga

wrestler_nl
22-04-2008, 13:08
:eek::eek:het lijkt wel alsof hij verbrand is

Garcia
22-04-2008, 13:14
Das een behoorlijke bloeduitstorting. Ik vraag mij af wat die 2-3 strepen zijn in het midden van z'n bovenbeen.

The Persian Killer
22-04-2008, 13:30
wooooooooooooooooooooooooow :eek::eek::eek:

ben046
22-04-2008, 13:40
is dat wel het been van Lidell? Kan me voorstellen dat het gewoon van iemand anders is....

FOCUS
22-04-2008, 14:47
grootte van bloeduitstorting zegt niet altijd wat over de ernst van de schade,
maar gescheurde hammies zijn altijd klote-blessures:(

FightingDutchman
22-04-2008, 14:53
is dat wel het been van Lidell? Kan me voorstellen dat het gewoon van iemand anders is....

Ja dat dacht k in eerste instantie ook, daarom had ik er ook bij gezet ALS dit het been van Liddell is is het ernstig... Maar dit komt zo rechtstreeks van de UFC site... dus ik weet het andes ook niet

MMA Fan
22-04-2008, 15:11
damn.....je hamstring is geen geintje, heb ik ook gehad met voetbal.....herstel op zijn leeftijd zal ook nog eens langer duren....en hij zal het rustig moeten opbouwen.
Alleen vraag ik me af hoe hij zo aan die blauwe plek komt....ik had zelf niks, alleen mijn hamstring ging "knap"....maar geen blauwe plek.
Zou die soms een trap gehad hebben ofzo ???

FOCUS
22-04-2008, 15:31
andersom kan ook; forse bloeduitstorting en toch weinig schade

zijn leeftijd wordt aardig gecompenseerd door het gebruik van ondersteunende middelen

Paganstars
22-04-2008, 15:54
kan een uitgelopen bloed uitstorting zijn... ik had dat van de zomer in me onderbeen nadat ik een bloedvaatje op mijn scheen scheurde

S.
22-04-2008, 16:30
WTF!!

dirk5
22-04-2008, 17:24
Heeft een maat van mij ook ooit gehad.

tijdens skieen hamstring klein beetje ingescheurd, volgende dag was heel zijn been zo zwart als roet.

geen pijn, kon ook gewoon lopen, het zag er alleen uit of zijn been af aan het sterven was.

maar too bad...
wie dan tegen evans?

Peete
22-04-2008, 18:33
oe daar gaat WIX van balen!

Biiyen
22-04-2008, 19:04
Wow dat ziet er niet best uit... dat is een flinke scheuring zo te zien!

gymalkmaar1
22-04-2008, 23:24
Als ik zo naar die kippepootjes en rijstbuikje kijk denk ik wel dat het echt Chuck is.

Hmm kippepootjes,rijst ...ik heb ineens honger:thown:

MMA Fan
23-04-2008, 04:56
More on Liddell injury, possible UFC 85 replacement
by Dave Meltzer [dave-meltzer] on Apr 22, 2008 at 2:20 pm in - News -
Chuck Liddell, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's most well-known star, has been pulled off the June 7 main event at the O2 Arena in London due to a partial hamstring tear suffered in training on April 11.

The UFC made the official announcement Monday after Liddell told company president Dana White about the severity of his injury. Liddell had continued light training over the past week in hopes he could salvage his pay-per-view main event fight with Rashad Evans.

It was the first time in Liddell's 10-year career that he has canceled a fight, which has included fighting Tito Ortiz twice with a torn MCL, and fighting Quinton Jackson in Japan with a torn quadriceps.

Liddell said the injury, which won't require surgery, took place while doing light training, and he heard the muscle pop. He was hoping it wasn't serious but trainer John Hackelman immediately thought he had hurt it pretty bad as the entire muscle became discolored.

"I hyperextended it," Liddell said. "I probably didn't warm up enough, or it was a freak injury.

"I think I can fight by August," said Liddell, who will need four to six weeks to rehab before he can begin hard training.

"Unfortunately, Chuck Liddell tore his right hamstring during training last week, and being the warrior that he is, he still wanted to fight, which is the reason everyone in the world loves him," said White in a release. "But I wouldn't let anyone fight with his leg looking that way. Let him heal and come back and fight when he is 100 percent."

Liddell said he was lucky that the partial tear was in the belly of the muscle and not the insertion, so it should heal faster.

After the injury, he continued to train his upper body and was swimming without much stress on his legs, while doctors advised him against fighting.

"I can't walk without a limp," he said, but noted the pain is manageable, and in recent days has been able to ride the bike, but not at a fast pace, and has started throwing light kicks in the swimming pool as well as doing bodyweight squats. But he can't push off or do any kind of normal fight training.

UFC is attempting to both get a replacement to face the undefeated Evans, 16-0-1, as well as add a couple of matches to the show to make up for Liddell not appearing. They are going to schedule 13 matches instead of 11 as originally planned. James "Sandman" Irvin, who tied a UFC record with an eight second knockout of Houston Alexander on April 2 in Broomfield, Colo., is among those under consideration.

Brandon Vera vs. Fabricio Werdum in a heavyweight match was the scheduled No. 2 match on the show.

The O2 Arena in London, which holds 16,200 fans for a UFC setup, was a few hundred tickets shy of sold out as of Monday according to UFC officials, who noted that even with higher ticket prices, sales were ahead of the pace of the debut show on Sept. 8 headlined by the Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson UFC vs. Pride title unification match.

Liddell said he had never told White in advance about any injuries, but felt he had to tell him about this one. White, likely figuring if Liddell called to tell him about it that it had to be serious, told Liddell it wasn't a smart move to take the fight with the injury, which could worsen in training or fighting and threaten his career longevity.

Paganstars
23-04-2008, 08:38
blijft vreemd... White die interesse toont in de medemens!! Of zou het een investerings bescherming zijn??

Tony
23-04-2008, 08:42
dat tweede ;)

Paganstars
23-04-2008, 08:46
Ja dat dacht ik ook al!

FOCUS
23-04-2008, 09:34
vind het wel tof van Liddel en ko dat er zo openlijk over zn blessure wordt verhaald.
Liddel die vertelt wat hij wel en niet kan, waar het probleem precies zit enzo..in het voetbal blijft het vaak beperkt tot een zinnetje of twee.
Terwijl zwakke punten bij het vechten veel meer uitgebuit kunnen worden door de tegenstander.